Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

why is msfs2020 asking me to insert a game disc?

I pre ordered the premium deluxe version in mid July.

Now I'm ready to d/l - the prgoram starts to load up - and then BAM - asks me to insert the game disc?

What the hell?

Anyone have a clue what's going on?

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

18 minutes ago, XCLTM3 said:

I pre ordered the premium deluxe version in mid July.

Now I'm ready to d/l - the prgoram starts to load up - and then BAM - asks me to insert the game disc?

What the hell?

Anyone have a clue what's going on?

are you at your real scheduled download time or did you just change your settings on your computer? I would say just wait until the actual release time.  

• Like 5

Although there is no way to know this, I think it's dangerous to alter you settings to get the sim early and then ignore that fact when something goes wrong.  Again. I'm not saying this is the case. But if it is. It is UNFAIR to microsoft to omit that information in a bug report

• Like 5

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

11 minutes ago, Wewk584 said:

Although there is no way to know this, I think it's dangerous to alter you settings to get the sim early and then ignore that fact when something goes wrong.  Again. I'm not saying this is the case. But if it is. It is UNFAIR to microsoft to omit that information in a bug report

I agree...who knows what will happen when you alter your region to download the game early. When you bought the game, it is tied to your region settings so somewhere that clock is stored in the 1GB you downloaded. Im not chancing it. 

• Like 2

Duly noted.

Thank you all.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

7 minutes ago, XCLTM3 said:

Duly noted.

Thank you all.

who knows what kind of issues you have when changing regions. When you downloaded the 1gb installer for the preorder, I am sure it saved your region/time somewhere in there because when you click on the icon it tells you you have to wait a bit. So with that info stored in the installer, changing your region and then trying to install may cause several issues. 

I hate waiting too my friend but its better to just stick to it 🙂 

• Like 2

The only thing you really risk is the frowns of the nda police I think. If MS really wanted to go heavy metal on this, they wouldn't have made it possible to just simply changing your region on your pc. You don't even need a VPN. And you aren't stealing anything, you have, in fact, paid for the darned thing. 

Just my 2c. 

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Did you try to insert the FSX disc #1 ? You never know, it may work.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Did you try to insert the FSX disc #1 ? You never know, it may work.

This brings back some memories... My disc #1 had a nasty scratch, would take several retries to install... We've come a long way. 1:30h to go! (Yeah, I'd rather wait, but good luck to all the new residents of kiribati)

• Like 1

So did this insert disc thing go away after the game was officially unlocked in your time zone?  Some people reported that the problem went away for some New Zealanders after the game was officially unlocked for New Zealand.  Can anybody verify this?

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

The only thing you really risk is the frowns of the nda police I think. If MS really wanted to go heavy metal on this, they wouldn't have made it possible to just simply changing your region on your pc. You don't even need a VPN. And you aren't stealing anything, you have, in fact, paid for the darned thing. 

Just my 2c. 

I don’t think anyone’s saying you will get arrested for it. Just that it’s likely against the Ts&Cs and you may run into problems by doing it. 

People waited this long and now they are hacking their system settings to get it one day sooner. Surprisingly when it goes awry they now come here claiming it doesn't work. Imagine that..... 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Eric 

25 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

So did this insert disc thing go away after the game was officially unlocked in your time zone?  Some people reported that the problem went away for some New Zealanders after the game was officially unlocked for New Zealand.  Can anybody verify this?

It will be available in my timezone in 10min, I'll report back. Shouldn't take too long to download on my link, hopefully the premium stuff will be enabled. 

---- 

Edit: yup it works 

Edited by FlyingRoo