Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

why is msfs2020 asking me to insert a game disc?

1 minute ago, ckyliu said:

Doesn't apply to me, I bought on Steam 🤦‍♂️🤣 That worked out well...

😭😭😭😭😭

Wouldn't it be possible that Microsoft purposely did this by time zones to lessen impact on the servers? I'm going with this

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

13 hours ago, 188AHC said:

Wouldn't it be possible that Microsoft purposely did this by time zones to lessen impact on the servers? I'm going with this

That's what I was thinking.  The time zone trick is an old one.  I figure they just let it slide and can spread the server load out a bit.

Hey guys, anybody solved Disc issue? Its available in my timezone but asks for a disk

• Like 1

Luka Makhviladze
PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Only way I've seen is to join the Game Pass. Did that and I got passed that point. However, I'm stuck at 9.8gb for hours. Killed it, restarted it, no go. Rebooted my computer, restarted it, no go. I think I'm giving up my citizenship for Kiribati and waiting till my timezone comes. Hopefully I'll get the download moving then. 

Earlier someone said they did a standard install first and that worked. Apparently they thought it was caused by installing to a non default drive.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

53 minutes ago, Slimaviator said:

Man I’m trying to stay positive with all of this but I got up at midnight as required (I’m in Australia) to try and start my download and got the goddam ‘insert disc’ notification even though I waited until the right time. I tried again just in the last hour before having to got to work and still the same message. So is Microsoft saying they have stopped letting people who pre-ordered and waited for the correct time from downloading? I have to say what a waste of time with the whole pre-order thing, I now have to wait eight hours before I get home to sort this mess out. Congrats to everyone who has been able to start downloading, like I said I’m trying to be positive but it’s hard lol

I noticed when I was pre-ordering, it said something like "with Game Pass", and I ended up with the "insert game disk" error when I... uh... got off the plan in Kiribati. I took the $1 1 month trial of Game Pass, and the disk error went away. Then I got stuck at 9.8GB for hours, even after trying to reset, so I came back home from Kiribati. Maybe Game Pass is required? (which seems odd)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lukamak said:

Hey guys, anybody solved Disc issue? Its available in my timezone but asks for a disk

Available in your timezone in Atlanta? Are you sure? Or are you at your second home in Kiribati like so many of us? 😉 

• Like 1

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

Just now, mrfilbert said:

Available in your timezone in Atlanta? Are you sure? Or are you at your second home in Kiribati like so many of us? 😉 

ahaha, I'm in Tbilisi, Georgia. In Europe haha 😄

• Like 2

Luka Makhviladze

11 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

I'm just so tired of waiting for this. I mean, I'm spent.

I feel your pain. I wasn't expecting to be so desperate to get my hands on it having played with the alpha & beta for months, but I really can't wait to see the polished release and get back in the sky.

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

Glad to reprort it now works.

Having said that, when the screen finally appeared asking where i wanted to install (if other than C drive), I pointed it to another drive which has a greater capacity (with a User folder in it) and I'm not seeing a download progress bar anymore. 

Not even sure it is downloading.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

8 minutes ago, XCLTM3 said:

Glad to reprort it now works.

Having said that, when the screen finally appeared asking where i wanted to install (if other than C drive), I pointed it to another drive which has a greater capacity (with a User folder in it) and I'm not seeing a download progress bar anymore. 

Not even sure it is downloading.

Still not bueno for me

Luka Makhviladze