Sign in to follow this  
EagleSkinner

MSFS 2020 CTDs - already!

Trying to hot-swap a controller results in a "no warnings" CTD...

This could be fun. Anyone else? Basically I think There is a requirement to add all hardware first and leave well alone... but in one session a user might go fromm a yoke to a HOTAS to a plain old joystick.

Thoughts?

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

"Thoughts?" 

Certainly, leave the controller in (or out) until there's a fix.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Random CTD’s all day. So frustrating as immersion level is fantastic. Tried lots of settings configurations and pc specs are way above recommended.

Flights load ok but crashes on load / start / mid flight. Makes no since to me.

thoughts, suggestions?

13 minutes ago, zonda12s said:

Random CTD’s all day. So frustrating as immersion level is fantastic. Tried lots of settings configurations and pc specs are way above recommended.

Flights load ok but crashes on load / start / mid flight. Makes no since to me.

thoughts, suggestions?

Hard without any sort of logs or additional info. Have been flying since early Alpha and only had a handful of crashes. On the release version, my only issue was the reported crash when swapping USB controllers.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Same configuration, settings and flight runs ok for 10 mins one time then crashes immediately the next. Sometimes runs right through to landing if I’m lucky. No settings change during these identical scenarios. Strange.

FIXED. Had to disable my GPU overclock through Afterburner. No CTD’s now. Good sim for VFR and beautiful graphics. Shame about the default aircraft systems at this time and input configuration is bugged. Key changes validated but not working in sim.

• Like 1

Many CTD's on my side, after choosing aircraft and airport of fast clicks in the interface items. No idea where to look for the cause.

HI all

i am also getting CTDs after successful loading and ready for take off state.

So frustrating...is it because i have old controller hardware? I have a MS Sidewinder and a CH Yoke.

I cannot even get it off from the ground.

My specs are: Win10 (2004), Q6600 @4.6, 16gb ram, 1060@6gb, latest Nvidia driver

CTD happens for medium and high end settings. 

Also, i am getting delay inputs when i use my yoke....anyone else has this problem? or is it just me???

Arghhhh, i was soo looking forward to this, but the CTDs is really putting me off..

Any solutions?

Thanks for your input everyone...

I have heard of some player said that maybe CTDs in 2020 is due to ram, especially in magnificent scenery. in medium or higher setting, sometimes 16g ram is not enough. some players with 32g or higher ram but lower cpu and gpu than that of people who encountered CTDs with 16g ram said they rarely suffer from it (I'm one of those whose ram is only 16g, obviously CTDs occured frequently). hope more guys to show their cases.

• Upvote 1

second crash to desktop flying into EGLL , B78x , graphics set to medium, 20fps.

X52 controller issues with default assignments, tried all the temp fix solutions for that, just had to programme the hotas myself

Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.20GHz, 16.0GB ram, 3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

Hey all,

So i think i have resolved my initial issue with CTD after loading.

I went and brought 32gb plus my 16, so i now have 48gb of ram.

Now i do not have the CTD issue at the moment and the sim now loads faster from the icon to main menu...as well as to the flying state on the runway.

If you have windows resource monitor app open along with FS2020, you will notice this sim loves RAM and last night, with my 16gb, at medium setting, it was already at 14gb usage or my total ram usage at 75% leaving about 550mb of ram available.

Tonight, after the upgrade, at high and ultra setting, the program was at about 18gb to 19gb usage.

Also, i have an old ssd as my page file, so i have set to almost at max pagefile to 50gb (my ssd is a 64gb)

Make sure you have run all your updates, windows update, including the MS store updates, turn off all Antivirus.  Also, update any visual basic versions.

My specs, i5 6600K @4.6, 48gb ram, 1060@6gb 

Now another problem is my jojstick input, for some reason it locks it to the extreme point when i move the ailerons and elevator, any clue why? i played with all the settings and no joy.

good luck to you all!

I can confirm that unplugging a controller causes a CTD. I've reproduced it with two different controllers. Both from the menus and in-flight. Hopefully this should be easy enough for MS to reproduce and fix. If only I knew how to report the issue.

Random Crashes here too.  Not to desktop - the PC shuts down.  8700 with 16gb and a 2060, hardly the oldest setup.

I've logged a support ticket.  Event Viewer tells me the Error starts with MSFS so that's a relief at least.

Enjoying it for the 10 minutes I get before it falls over, though with loading times the equation is turning out more frustrating than fun.

At least I got my X52 Pro working.

And Mont St Michel is terrific 🙂

Please do keep posting people, the more information the better.  Meanwhile, back to Xp11.50!

Paul Skol

Here's a thought...

I heard the Windows "disconnect" chime earlier whilst pootling around ULURU

As I hadn't touched any USB connections I had a think and a look around. Could this have been caused by one of those background driver updates that windows and other developers put out automatically? I think my alert was for a backgound auto hardware update.

So either we need to turn off all and any auto-update tool or set a notify request before continuing.

Thoughts?

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

Try turning off USB suspend.   I had problems with FSX caused by usb suspend.  Its in advanced power settings.

in Windows 10 go to Control panel, all control panel items, power options, edit the power plan you're using, click change advanced power settings. look for USB Selective suspend settings and set to disabled.

Hope it helps.