Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

Keyboard keys not working

I have 4 controllers warthog stick, warthog throttle, CH pedals, Desktop Aviation trim panel. usually all 4 and the keyboard work in flight, but sometimes one of the controllers will not work and the other 3 will. The keyboard has always worked. (Always the Options/Controls window did see all the controllers and all their commands, only when flying would the game sometimes not 'see' a controller).

And sometimes one axis (maybe the elevator) won't work but the ailerons will work.

This problem comes and goes (usually all of controllers work), but not always.

We are all having the same problem, sometimes during flight the sim cannot see the keyboard or cannot see one of the controllers, or cannot see one axis on a controller which the sim can see just fine in the Options/Controls window.

This problem comes and goes for no apparent reason.

Rebooting Windows itself has always cured the problem for me. Although sometimes I have to do that twice.

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Im starting to think MSFS2020 isnt ready for prime time.  Giving me nothing but headaches trying to get my Cougar HOTAS to control the x and y axis.

spacer.png

On 9/12/2020 at 7:55 PM, Boomer said:

Im starting to think MSFS2020 isnt ready for prime time.  Giving me nothing but headaches trying to get my Cougar HOTAS to control the x and y axis.

Ditto

Hey guys

I have the same issue, my saitek yoke and CH pedals work perfectly ( although I had to manually set up the CH pedals which was a total pain, but it works fine now )

But my keyboard keys do not work, some of them do, but most of them simply do not work 

All my F keys ( f1-f12) work fine, the rest does not 

I can't disengage parking, I cant press E to look at landmarks, I cant press D to set a correct heading, I cant use my keyboard  except f keys that control flaps and slew mode 

Camera controls also work fine on the keyboard ( END key ) 

So basically, 10% of the keys work fine, 90% are simply non responsive

I will try disabling my AMD gaming overlay , and make sure NUM LOCK is off/on 

If anyone else has any ideas please let me know

My keyboard is wired and works fine outside FS

Am I right to assume that there is no fix for being unable to use the Flight Sim with a keyboard?

Using wired and wireless k/b and both work perfectly with other Flight Sims - just not FS2020

My Thrustmaster stick works perfectly also with other other Flight Sims - just not with FS2020

Cheers

FS2020 run as Administrator and English US keyboard (under advice; but no help)

FS2020 re installed twice to a clean PC build:

Windows 10 19041.508

32 GB RAM with Intel i7

10 GB GPU

10 TB free storage

I had same problem, Saitek Yoke, panels and pedals all worked fine but only the F keys worked on keyboard.

I right clicked the FS2020 icon and then clicked 'run as administrator' and this worked fine for me. I did find that to release the parking brake Number Lock had to be ON

Thanks wochips.

I do have it running under Administrator with ENGLISH (US) set as the keyboard - as per info on a Microsoft site. The NUM LOCK is also on

I do have an acknowledged request for info with Microsoft but have long since stopped holding my breath

Truth be told - I don't want a refund ..... I want it to work

I have P3D and Microsoft FSX both running seamlessly on the SAME BUILD

Couldn't write it..

Thanks for the contact

I'm having similar problems. However, now I cannot map cockpit camera keys. Actually, I should say, my saved maps are all slightly (angles) off and I cannot remap them since the remapping won't hold i.e. 

Save Custom Camera 0 = CTL-ALT+0 then assigning, Load Custom Camera 0 = ALT+0 to my Warthog Stick won't work.

Even when I just test them, say typing on the keyboard, ALT 0, the mapping hasn't taken hold.

Stranger still is when I hit the mapped button a 2nd time I get a 2nd view angle that isn't mapped to any key or key combo.

It's as if there is a mapping that is resisting my attempt to remap any key.

Edited by Sticks

Has there ever been a solution to this keyboard not working problem? I have just started to use MSFS2020 and have the same problem and it is now Feb 2021.

Edited by Holclo

Yes, me too, since the latest update16 Feb, some of my Logitech G Keyboard keys intermittently stop working in MSFS. Its mostly the ESC, INS, HOME, END etc, keys that don't work. PRTSC and letter keys still work. Very strange and debilitating.

I have no idea what to do as it was working perfectly before a few days ago.

Ray

So, been searching, and found this thread. What the heck is going on? I never touched my keyboard key's and now I cant escape to go to a menu??? What gives?!?!

NM, I had made a new keyboard profile, and it was not cloned from the default. so I literally had 4 things mapped. 😞 All fixed now after cloning the default keyboard profile, and then mapping the key's I had previously mapped.

Edited by hamish_18

Hi all, 

It's a very disappointing situation. I've just bought a brand new desktop for MSFS2020 and can not fly it. By the way, we are thousands with this issue and no update from Asobo ? Strange ! 

33 minutes ago, Josfer1 said:

Hi all, 

It's a very disappointing situation. I've just bought a brand new desktop for MSFS2020 and can not fly it. By the way, we are thousands with this issue and no update from Asobo ? Strange ! 

Hey Jos, welcome to Avsim

I hope you've left at the entrance any blunt or sharp object you carry with you ?

This forum is a great place to complain. But also, and thats even better, a great place to be helped. 

Thousands ?  I don't know how you measure it. I could say that hundreds of thousands have no problem and it wouldn't make not any good to anybody. 

If you explain a little bit  more in details what is your problem, somebody may help, who knows 😉 ? No guarantee but maybe...

On a side note, you can use a keyboard to drive a plane, I suppose (I don't know I've never tried) but basically this type of game calls for a controller (joystick or yoke). A cheap one will do to begin with. If you get hooked, you have superb ones for a price.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I had a keyboard issue ages ago and it turned out to me the nzxt cooler software locking the keyboard,no issue since

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K