Sign in to follow this  
gallen144

Stuttering Solutions?

I'm now experiencing a lot of scenery stuttering in the production release. I did not see the problem in Alpha/Beta testing. I've experimented with changing my settings but haven't found a remedy for the stuttering. I tried changing the graphics settings from High-End to Medium to Low, but this does not seem to impact the stutters. 

Has anyone else learned what impacts the stuttering the most and what I might be able to control? I'm running on Windows 10 I7-7700K, GTX- 1080, and 32MB ram.

Try turning AA off and possibly roll your nvidia drivers back if that doesn't work. Also what resolution are you using?

Did you check Task Manager and go into Advanced and look at performance metrics before running the game to make sure nothing major is running in background right now?

I'm getting stuttering at times, but I have lower spec'd video card so it's expected (RTX 2060), but it mostly happens in city areas. Does it happen to you everywhere or just dense areas?

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

1 hour ago, gallen144 said:

I'm now experiencing a lot of scenery stuttering in the production release. I did not see the problem in Alpha/Beta testing. I've experimented with changing my settings but haven't found a remedy for the stuttering. I tried changing the graphics settings from High-End to Medium to Low, but this does not seem to impact the stutters. 

Has anyone else learned what impacts the stuttering the most and what I might be able to control? I'm running on Windows 10 I7-7700K, GTX- 1080, and 32MB ram.

You and I have similar PC specs...

I was running higher setting than you at 1080p. Smooth performance, no stutters.

Everything was fine until I changed the Render scaling setting (was originally at 100). Since then, nothing but micro stutters even at the lowest setting.

To me, render scaling broke something. May do a clean reinstall

37 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

You and I have similar PC specs...

I was running higher setting than you at 1080p. Smooth performance, no stutters.

Everything was fine until I changed the Render scaling setting (was originally at 100). Since then, nothing but micro stutters even at the lowest setting.

To me, render scaling broke something. May do a clean reinstall

That happened to me yesterday as well. Was literally stuck at 19FPS not matter what the settings.

I unchecked photogrammetry and rechecked it. That seems to have fixed the stuck 19 fps issue, although the performace and stutters still sucks for medium settings compared XP visuals.  

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

30 minutes ago, strider1 said:

That happened to me yesterday as well. Was literally stuck at 19FPS not matter what the settings.

I unchecked photogrammetry and rechecked it. That seems to have fixed the stuck 19 fps issue, although the performace and stutters still sucks for medium settings compared XP visuals.  

I was able to fix the issue...

My TV is set to 30hz through Windows graphic settings (some people set Nvidia setting at 1/2 refresh rate, if 60 then it will be 30).

In the sim, when I set Vsync, I had to set the limit 60...not 30 as I originally had it. For some reason the 30 limit has stutters no matter what...after I adjusted the render sclaling.

However, by setting the limit in MSFS to 60 (although my monitor is at 30hz), I have my original smooth sim back.

Application that connects through simconnect libraries will cause stutter. So your littlenamap, vpilot, STKP whatever you are using that connec using Simconnect will cause issue. This was escalated to Microsoft/Asobo already.. 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 minute ago, FlyBaby said:

My TV is set to 30hz through Windows graphic settings (some people set Nvidia setting at 1/2 refresh rate, if 60 then it will be 30).

In the sim, when I set Vsync, I had to set the limit 60...not 30 as I originally had it. For some reason the 30 limit has stutters no matter what...after I adjusted the render sclaling.

However, by setting the limit in MSFS to 60 (although my monitor is at 30hz), I have my original smooth sim back.

I found a similar solution by just turning Vsync off and it runs very smooth now.

Prior to that no settings changes made it run smooth and I have a pretty powerful system as can be seen in my signature. I run a native 30Hz 4K TV and have always used Vsync in Flight Sims and it has worked flawlessly but not in MSFS 2020.

I didn't try the 60 FPS limit instead of 30 FPS but instead just turned it off and all is well. 

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

8 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

Forget my last post I am stuck below 20 fps again no matter what. Going tinker with vsync.

Eric Escobar

1 minute ago, joepoway said:

I found a similar solution by just turning Vsync off and it runs very smooth now.

Prior to that no settings changes made it run smooth and I have a pretty powerful system as can be seen in my signature. I run a native 30Hz 4K TV and have always used Vsync in Flight Sims and it has worked flawlessly but not in MSFS 2020.

I didn't try the 60 FPS limit instead of 30 FPS but instead just turned it off and all is well. 

Joe

I did try VSync off and things got better...but not quite where I was when I first loaded the sim...very smooth...plus I have Trackir and panning without Vsync is a nightmare.

Glad you found something that works. And I am al little envious that you have 4k...lol....its 1080p for me until I upgrade my video card.

In one of Squirrel’s (YT) tutorials he noted that AI traffic was responsible for major FPS challenges and stutter. Turning it off immediately cleaned things up. I think it’s his first tutorial where he goes through settings. 

19 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

I also run my monitor at 30Hz. This was also the only solution I found that gave me a smooth experience (Vsync on and frame limit at 60fps). Frame limit at 30fps was horrible.

• Like 1

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

It's looks the Vsync off fixed the stuck -20 fps! Thanks Flybaby!

• Like 1

Eric Escobar