Sign in to follow this  
Jeeeno

Live weather not working?

Even in Europe or anywhere else there is a major bug that its "losing connection" at some point and its never coming back till restart and sometimes even that doesn't help. You'll get CAVOK anywhere in the world. In the few times it did work it was amazing. Flew in the area where I live and it was almost exactly the same as what I saw from the window. BUT there was not one session when it doesn't break. I reported it and hope they will fix it soon.

• Like 2

Roi Ben

I tested now in England where it's raining a lot now and the weather seems fine.

It seems a problem in US: at San Louis Obispo, California at the moment it's very wind. However once the simulator is loaded, it shows only a 4-knots wind... 

How the hell is that possible? Basic functions like live weather not working at all ... utterly disappointing

the live weather feature is definetely broken ! As everybody knows 2 parameters are essential in aviation : not only winds ans clouds, but also temperature and QNH. Everytime you click on live weather, you are stuck on standard atmospheric conditions : 15° C and QNH 1013. This is absolutely unacceptable in a flight sim ! I do not use it to get pretty clouds on my screen computer...

Edited by danhenri

Intel Core i7-9700K (3.6 GHz/4.9 GHz), GeForce RTX 4060 TI, DDR4 32Go, screen ASUS XG32VQR 32'', Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Pro Pedal CH Products, TCA Sidestick Airbus, TCA Boeing Yoke Edition

The developers are aware that the "Live Weather" feature is broken.

NAX669.png

Yeah, been doing some more testing and the weather definitely isn't working right. Current a massive thunderstorm over my town and in the sim, it's just some broken clouds and sunny, regardless of how many times I refresh. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Yep, if you change area it might be fixed or not, definitely random hit and miss.
I also see in the flight planning page that sometimes you have weather symbols and sometimes you have a wifi logo, I don't know which one means that live weather is working for that area though...

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

1 hour ago, mwilk said:

The developers are aware that the "Live Weather" feature is broken.

Good news!

It was not working for me since launch. I flew today all over Puerto Rico and not a single cloud was in the sky. But around an hour ago I flew out of KPIE to KMCO and the weather was on point with what is real. It was light raining with overcast. Don’t know if it’s been fixed. I’ll see tomorrow when I load another flight. 

Hey guys, I'm a new member here, but I was searching the internet about this issue, and I may have a fix for the Live Weather not working. I can't say it will work for everyone, but it does work for me and I've verified it. In fact, I have FS2020 open right now, sitting on the taxiway at KHZD in Kentucky, which is experiencing some weather currently, and the conditions in the sim are the same.

The trick is to locate the "FlightSimulator.exe" file in your installation folder, right-click on it, and select Run as Administrator.

That's it.

Seriously, it works for me!  :)

Good luck!

On 8/21/2020 at 2:51 PM, FlyTheK said:

Hey guys, I'm a new member here, but I was searching the internet about this issue, and I may have a fix for the Live Weather not working. I can't say it will work for everyone, but it does work for me and I've verified it. In fact, I have FS2020 open right now, sitting on the taxiway at KHZD in Kentucky, which is experiencing some weather currently, and the conditions in the sim are the same.

The trick is to locate the "FlightSimulator.exe" file in your installation folder, right-click on it, and select Run as Administrator.

That's it.

Seriously, it works for me!  🙂

Good luck!

Dude,you are my hero it worked!

I was trying to fly into hurricane Laura but it was showing it still by Cancun area eventhough it's making landfall tonight. Restarted the game many times ,switches live weather on and off to no avail. Started the game run as an admin and... voilà here it is making landfall on the Gulf Coast!.

Edited by gabrielh

On 8/21/2020 at 3:51 PM, FlyTheK said:

That's it.

Seriously, it works for me!  🙂

Good luck!

Hi,

I tried this, but although the TBM weather radar and nexrad show that I'm in heavy rain, no rain is visible.  I do get rain if I select the preset rain or storm, but live weather does not generate lightning or rain.  Are you seeing rain or lightning with live weather?

Thanks.

On 8/18/2020 at 11:59 PM, Jeeeno said:

A couple of hours ago I checked the weather near Daytona Beach, FL and it showed heavy thunderstorms. However once I loaded up the aircraft, I had few clouds and no precipitations. I suspect the Live Weather isn't working?

Any others has experienced any issue with Live weather?

Thanks

Hi

This worked for me I signed out and signed back in .

I have found that live weather always works with my first flight, but as soon as I return to the main menu to build a new flight, live weather breaks, even if I pick all the same options as my first flight. The only way to get live weather back is to restart the entire app, but it again only works for the first flight. Is this just me, or are others seeing this too?