Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

Can't Release Parking Brakes any longer...

For some odd reason "Ctrl + Num Del" keys no longer release my parking brakes?

Started after I got my CH Pro rudder pedals added to the sim.

Has anyone else had this and found a fix?

Chris Camp

Are your brake axis reversed?

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

When I was searching for the Parking Brake handle in the Cessna 152 I first tried CTRL Num Del to see what moved, and I could see that the rudder pedals were also moving. Maybe there's a mapping conflict.

2 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

When I was searching for the Parking Brake handle in the Cessna 152 I first tried CTRL Num Del to see what moved, and I could see that the rudder pedals were also moving. Maybe there's a mapping conflict.

When you action the parking brake there is an animation where the rudder pedals depress. Is this what you were seeing?

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

Just now, michaelray said:

When you action the parking brake there is an animation where the rudder pedals depress. Is this what you were seeing?

Yes.

8 hours ago, dobee51 said:

Yes.

8 hours ago, michaelray said:

What does this mean?

Is there a conflict somewhere?

How do you resolve this?

Thanks!

Chris Camp

Anyone else resolve this?

Chris Camp

Had a similar issue this morning, parking brakes would release but the plane still wouldn't move. Restarted the flight and that resolved it. Not sure what the deal was.

strangely enough, i have to use the left control key. if i use the right control key the brakes stay locked.

Unused controllers sometimes interfere with the input from the currently used controller. My Saitek throttle interferes with my joystick throttle. Can I disable a controller in MSFS without unconnecting it?

14 hours ago, michaelray said:

This is normal and is exactly what happens in the real airplane.

For most of the simple Cessna aircraft (152, 172, and similar - can't recall if the 182 is the same...), when you pull the parking brake knob, one of two things happens (depending on the exact model year, brake designs shifted):

1) The parking brake lever mechanically pushes down the brake pedals and locks the pedals in place until the parking brake lever is released

- or -

2) The parking brake lever locks in hydraulic pressure in the brake lines. In order for the parking brake to function, you must push the brake pedals before pulling the parking brake lever, or no pressure will be locked in and the brakes will be 'locked' in release mode.

So don't worry about double-axis assignments. The brake pedals are functioning exactly like the real aircraft.

16 minutes ago, rnczyzcontrol said:

This is normal and is exactly what happens in the real airplane.

For most of the simple Cessna aircraft (152, 172, and similar - can't recall if the 182 is the same...), when you pull the parking brake knob, one of two things happens (depending on the exact model year, brake designs shifted):

1) The parking brake lever mechanically pushes down the brake pedals and locks the pedals in place until the parking brake lever is released

- or -

2) The parking brake lever locks in hydraulic pressure in the brake lines. In order for the parking brake to function, you must push the brake pedals before pulling the parking brake lever, or no pressure will be locked in and the brakes will be 'locked' in release mode.

So don't worry about double-axis assignments. The brake pedals are functioning exactly like the real aircraft.

Ok so could you explain in layman’s terms exactly how to release them with my rudder petals?

Do I apply toe breaks with my rudder pedals then release and hit “Cntrl/Num Del” or hit the break release key command first then apply toe breaks or do everything simultaneously?

Thanks!

Chris Camp

8 minutes ago, robert young said:

Parking brakes off is not an axis command. It's a key command that is a toggle - off or on.

Yes, but if his brake axis are set backwards (assuming they are mapped to toe brakes) then even if the parking brake is off his brakes will be on. In this case I assume pressing the brakes will release them since they are backwards. Something to check anyway.

I had to spend about an hour mapping my controls and getting all the axis going the right way.

Good luck!