Has anyone come across the problem of the ATC window not opening? I have a hotkey bound and made sure that it wasn't a duplicate. When I go to the bar across the top all options are available except for ATC which is off and grayed out. Maybe something to do with a voice pack? Although I can usually assign the copilot to do ATC and it works fine. Unfortunately this means that I'm not able to get any ground services since it is integrated with the ATC menu. 

Any help appreciated! 

There is a "reset" option at the right most icon in the drop down menu (triangle) while in flight.

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

I see that, but it doesn't seem to change anything. ATC option still off and grayed out. I can hear the voices fine and my copilot reads everything back. What am I missing? Since FS2020 integrates ground services with ATC I'm unable to get anything done on the ground. 

Taylor 

I think there is an ATC option in the general setup area somewhere.

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

Guys. Having this same issue. And no luck changing user experience settings. ATC still greyed out. Not sure what to do next. Please help

Was there a fix to this?  I just posted a topic in the Pilot2ATC forum..  I cant access the drop down ATC either!  nor, can I access the AI co-pilot etc.  This all seemed to happen when I installed Pilot2ATC today.....  ?

I just lost my atc window too. Instead of ATC I get an "Active Pause" icon which I did not opt for. If I press the VFR map icon the menu freezes. The "reset" button does not work. The ATC button is greyed out. This happened quite suddenly after running the  1.8.3.0 patch ok for two days. I've tried everything to reset the toolbar. Any tips would be gratefully received.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Update: There are quite a few others outside Avsim who are having this problem. I didn't change anything between it showing the ATC icon and suddenly it was greyed out the next time I started the sim. I have re-downloaded all the folders that seem to pertain to the toolbar and it is still greyed out. I also persistently get a strange icon named "Toggle Active Pause" which is very odd as it is not even an option in the standard drop down menu. I cannot get rid of it and suspect it has "taken over" the ATC icon or somehow has substituted itself for the ATC icon.

This is incredibly frustrating and I wonder whether anyone has a solution or suggestion. It just doesn't make sense.

Edited by robert young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

On 9/21/2020 at 1:19 AM, robert young said:

Update: There are quite a few others outside Avsim who are having this problem. I didn't change anything between it showing the ATC icon and suddenly it was greyed out the next time I started the sim. I have re-downloaded all the folders that seem to pertain to the toolbar and it is still greyed out. I also persistently get a strange icon named "Toggle Active Pause" which is very odd as it is not even an option in the standard drop down menu. I cannot get rid of it and suspect it has "taken over" the ATC icon or somehow has substituted itself for the ATC icon.

This is incredibly frustrating and I wonder whether anyone has a solution or suggestion. It just doesn't make sense.

I have exactly the same issue. I’ve tried binding other keys to open atc panel and even set the toggle to open atc window on start up. Nothing is working. Anyone have a solution ? 

Edited by lpavey
Spelling

6 hours ago, lpavey said:

I have exactly the same issue. I’ve tried binding other keys to open atc panel and even set the toggle to open atc window on start up. Nothing is working. Anyone have a solution ? 

Yes. Someone else kindly posted a solution, which is this - but it only applies if you have the Steam version (sorry I do not know about other versions).

Open program files x86 then Steam. Then open userdata\47049580\1250410\remote

In that folder you will see a file named "profile_00".

Make a safety copy of it (rename it to something else) and delete the original. When the sim starts up it will create a new user profile. You might have to re-set your graphics settings but it will retain your controller setups (if you saved them).

Now your ATC window will return.

Had this issue after the latest 1.9.5 patch. Copied solution from msfs forums below:

I’ve managed to fix it! I had exactly the same issue as you so try the following ( i did change a few things in a short amount of time, but I think i remember the order correctly…)

• go to assist menu and select “Assist All”
  • Hit save and apply
  • Do a flight for 3-4 mins
  • go back to assist and change it to the levels that you want
Edited by Phantoms
  • Like 1

James

On 10/1/2020 at 12:55 PM, lpavey said:

I am still having issue, tried below solution of turning on and off assists but that didn't work. 

no ATC panel and it is greyed out.  Not personally able to communicate with tower, if computer controlled it "works"

Had something similar yesterday as well. ATC window could be opened, COM1 was set but the buttons for interacting with ATC were literally gone. Nothing. Nil. Zero. Rebooted. No cure. Re-installed the MSFS launcher. No help. Tried again today and guess what. Buttons there again. Very strange and so weird behavior that I didn’t even zendesk it as I would not know how to recreate the situation 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Why is the user interface so broken? It should be so simple compared to other things. When you load a saved file often you cant access anything like ATC, checklists etc, even with shortcut keys.