Sign in to follow this  
LHookins

A2A may be on the way!

3 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

Good God now we are talking down A2A. You people need to let the effect of the MS2020 drugs to start to level out in your blood stream. It is effecting your judgement. 

Hey I think it’s fair to compare the cockpit graphical quality between the sims, and A2A would have a bit of work to do. Nobody is disputing that A2A creates by far the most realistic GA airplanes, but that also doesn’t mean Asobo didn’t beat them at the cockpit modeling..

1 minute ago, bonchie said:

If the choice is no Comanche/182/Cherokee in MSFS vs. a port, let me at least have the option. 

Or worse, a port this year (with current textures) of all of those or one per year for the next three years.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

3 hours ago, captain420 said:

I really hope they don't just port over their existing fleet, but start from scratch. Especially the exterior and interior modeling and textures. At least make it on par with the default planes in MFS if not better. I wouldn't accept anything less than that when it comes to the visuals of the plane.

it will be a port, no way they will start from scratch....read Scotts reply

• Like 1

Hm, I wonder how well the MSFS texturing handles weathering.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Plus they would have the higher poly count models I would imagine as a base

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

How about the best of both worlds?  They port over what they have now for a small upgrade price, then do a complete rebuild with new models and textures and all the new bells and whistles MSFS provides later?  

They'll probably get to your favorite A2A aircraft in about 5 years.  I'm sure no one minds waiting.  🙂  Remember, A2A can only do two aircraft per year and may still be making a P3D aircraft or two along the way.  This is what we were looking at before Scott's announcement.

Hook

Edited by LHookins
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Wow, that's good news.  It will bring more high fidelity aircraft to MSFS.  Looks like the 3rd party support for MSFS is abundant and growing stronger each day.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

18 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Hey I think it’s fair to compare the cockpit graphical quality between the sims, and A2A would have a bit of work to do. Nobody is disputing that A2A creates by far the most realistic GA airplanes, but that also doesn’t mean Asobo didn’t beat them at the cockpit modeling..

Not before we even see it. We don't know what it may look like. There is video by Chock that show a mostly port over of a Carenado 182 and it looks ok.

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

18 minutes ago, bonchie said:

If the choice is no Comanche/182/Cherokee in MSFS vs. a port, let me at least have the option. 

All the more true for exotic aircraft like the warbirds : P40 , P51, T-6  that nobody will make besides them. 

I am all for using the new architecture, I have said that many times, but there are some birds that I am ready to take with the FSX legacy one. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Just now, shivers9 said:

Not before we even see it. We don't know what it may look like. There is video by Chock that show a mostly port over of a Carenado 182 and it looks ok.

Fair enough.. point is, I hope they at least ensure that it looks as good as the default before releasing it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Fair enough.. point is, I hope they at least ensure that it looks as good as the default before releasing it.

In the mean time the default MSFS aircraft will be good enough. 🙂 

I was just looking at my screen shots of the Cherokee in P3Dv4.  None too shabby.  I could live with that for a long time.  And that IS dust on the glareshield! 

Hook

Edited by LHookins

Larry Hookins

The other thing with A2A is that they have posted that they have new tools which sort of hints that they will now be able to combine a lot of the dev steps and speed up their process for both ms2020 and P3d. If true then that may influence how their planes look in the new sim.

• Like 2

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

There are relatively inexpensive tools that use machine learning to upscale textures. Those especially who made freeware aircraft and sceneries for FSX and want to port their 'crafts to MSFS should look into those. There is usually still a bit of touch up, but they can dramatically reduce your workflow. 

Recall that we won't be getting any helicopters until Asobo adds the physics in the sim for that. It's high on their priority list, and we will be getting as many as four free helicopters once that patch is available (that is from an Asobo Youtube briefing about a week before launch). No timetable for that or VR. But they are coming...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SeanMo said:

Recall that we won't be getting any helicopters until Asobo adds the physics

Did you know that A2A has made a P3D helicopter for a military training contract?  They had to add their own physics. 🙂 

Hook

Larry Hookins