Sign in to follow this  
LHookins

A2A may be on the way!

I just saw this on the A2A forum:

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=71255&p=542375#p542331

We're going through what works and what doesn't in terms of our existing fleet with 2020, but it's a process of testing things and compiling a list of results. If it turns out things work 100% then we would likely bring the entire fleet into 2020 rather quickly. There are still things being worked out with 2020 in terms of this compatibility.

In the meantime we don't want people moving planes in for several reasons. One is the files are only licensed for the platform they were designed for. The other is we don't want a 1/2 baked version out there with our name on it.

If the process is simple then we would likely make official installers for a much reduced price. If there are big issues, then we will just have to see what is possible. But again, as of right now we are in the midst of doing these tests to see where things stand.

But clearly, from our POV we would love to fly our Accu-Sim airplanes in 2020. We will keep you updated and thank you also for asking. I would expect to hear something definitive from us very soon.

Scott

Good news! 😄 

Hook

• Like 22
  • Upvote 5

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Just now, Jeeeno said:

Excellent news!

Heck, yeah!  I might have to buy MSFS. 😄 

Hook

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

It can't be too soon. We REALLY need this..........

• Like 3

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

That is great news! Especially the part where the dev thinks it will be relatively painless to move aircraft over from FSX. Think of what that could mean to a few dozen aircraft makers!

On a personal note, I also see that they have a Lockheed Constellation and a Boeing Stratocrusier. Those are on my top ten most wanted aircraft. 

Edited by SeanMo
  • Like 1

Excellent . A2A is top shelf - I'm sure they will do it right. 

• Like 2

Semper Fi 

Awesome! I can't wait for this!

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just now, SeanMo said:

On a personal note, I also see that they have a Lockheed Constellation and a Boeing Stratocrusier. Those are on my top ten most wanted aircraft. 

The Connie is new, works in P3Dv4+.  The Stratocruiser hasn't been updated past FSX.  I think we'll likely see only one of those.

Hook

Larry Hookins

I hope they take advantage of the new flight model instead of porting the legacy one.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I really hope they don't just port over their existing fleet, but start from scratch. Especially the exterior and interior modeling and textures. At least make it on par with the default planes in MFS if not better. I wouldn't accept anything less than that when it comes to the visuals of the plane.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 minute ago, captain420 said:

I really hope they don't just port over their existing fleet, but start from scratch. Especially the exterior and interior modeling and textures. At least make it on par with the default planes in MFS if not better. I wouldn't accept anything less than that when it comes to the visuals of the plane.

Their aircraft already look really good.

I'd rather have them some time this year than wait and get one or two A2A planes per year.

Hook

• Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

4 minutes ago, tweekz said:

I hope they take advantage of the new flight model instead of porting the legacy one.

Honestly, if they do what they said above and sell them much cheaper, I'm fine with some early ports to get things going. The A2A flight model in FSX/P3D is still top notch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Their aircraft already look really good.

Not by MFS standards. If they bring their existing models into MFS, it will look totally out of place and inferior. Kind of how Orbx did with their London Landmarks.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, bonchie said:

The A2A flight model in FSX/P3D is still top notch.

They do a lot of their own flight model processing, don't they?  I know the J3 Cub seems to have a lot of custom flight model in it.

Hook

Larry Hookins