Neither of the above. It should be

MAX_LOAD_MANURE=1

• Like 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On 8/20/2020 at 5:28 PM, fmloyola said:

Hi all,

People are getting fps boosted with this tweak. Add the line "AffinityMask=n" in the config file,with "n" calculated with tool below:

http://www.gfsg.co.uk/affinitymask.aspx?SubMenuItem=utilties

Didn't tried yet. Seens it optimizes cores and threads utilization.

Thanks, but no thanks. No more snake oil for me. I had more than enough with FSX. 

If there was ever a thing that people should not use without a clear understanding of what they are doing, it is affinity masking.  in fact what most people do is just set a mask up that uses all of their cores, which won't get you any frames because that is what your pc is doing anyway if its a modern application and you have hyperthreading on.  Affinity masks were helpful in previous sims because it could turn threads off, leaving headroom for the cpu to do other things for you (active sky, Track IR, etc...), or preventing your cpu from overheating from the sketchy overclock you did.  there were also tricks to force the bulk of rendering on specific cores etc...  near as I can tell, not needed or helpful here.

I don't know if the new .cfg uses the affinity mask command or not, but you can always set affinity masks for any process directly in windows...  but just don't.

• Upvote 1

Other than really basic stuff like turn on game mode and hardware scheduling in windows, I am NOT changing anything in my settings until we're a few patches in. Not going down the route of previous sims.

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub