Sign in to follow this  
SteveFx

HMS Queen Elizabeth

Best is to report it to MSFS. I've seen several shipped portrayed as building !  I believed all landmarks has to be handcrafted, I don't this AI is capable to figure ship out yet

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

Best is to report it to MSFS. I've seen several shipped portrayed as building !  I believed all landmarks has to be handcrafted, I don't this AI is capable to figure ship out yet

No but Asobo should have been able to figure it out.

I've been waiting for some place to post this:

Trees on the Queen Mary and the USS Iowa in Long Beach/San Pedro CA area.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I don't this AI is capable to figure ship out yet

It does the same with parking spaces it turns into buildings. AI can do amazing things but a human needs to verify and correct it. And that's a huge task. I just thought that all these corrections should be handled by one dedicated team, or external company. And then sell it as DLC, each for a few bucks. With the number of people being dedicated to their regions of interest this might work commercially. 

• Like 1

Hans

Or feed these rules back into the Blackshark AI to better train it, so it can correct globally.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, OHN767 said:

They can't go over every square inch of the planet, and the AI isn't Omnipotent. 

I meant this as a challenge rather than as a complaint.  

I think that you need the amphibian because I now believe that the ship is made of elevated water - there appear to be waves on the flight deck.   I have sunk two Cessnas so far.

Edited by SteveFx
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, OHN767 said:

It's 3rd party partner "Baclshark AI" that processing satellite  and renders 3D object. 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

13 minutes ago, SteveFx said:

I meant this as a challenge rather than as a complaint.  

I think that you need the amphibian because I now believe that the ship is made of elevated water - there appear to be waves on the flight deck.   I have sunk two Cessnas so far.

Post of the day. I don't know why, but I actually laughed out loud at 'I have sunk two Cessnas so far' ... thanks! Can you try the Icon and report back? Pics please!

Edited by cwburnett
  • Like 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

I took off from lee on solent airfield. 

Portsmouth is the only area of photogrammetry that I have found in the UK.  

The harbour is to the east of lee on solent, you should be able to see the spinnaker tower. 

Don’t use live weather as there is currently a gale blowing and the flight deck was undulating with what appeared to be waves on my first two approaches.

HMS Queen Elizabeth is situated at the northern end of the naval dockyard.  

Using the Icon I am convinced that I touched down with the gear up and proceeded merrily along the flight deck for 100m before I hit something solid and crashed.   The lack of a replay function makes my story hard to check, and so I am still uncertain if it is land or water!! 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Post of the day. I don't know why, but I actually laughed out loud at 'I have sunk two Cessnas so far' ... thanks! Can you try the Icon and report back? Pics please!

Indeed, that was a good post! 

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Sadly I dont believe it is possible  - it looks like water but you fall through and then hit the trees and other objects.   The best i could manage was to use slew...

(and I cannot seem to embed a picture either)

Edited by SteveFx

56 minutes ago, SteveFx said:

Don’t use live weather as there is currently a gale blowing and the flight deck was undulating with what appeared to be waves on my first two approaches.

HMS Queen Elizabeth is situated at the northern end of the naval dockyard.  

Using the Icon I am convinced that I touched down with the gear up and proceeded merrily along the flight deck for 100m before I hit something solid and crashed.   The lack of a replay function makes my story hard to check, and so I am still uncertain if it is land or water!! 

I just had a quick buzz round there. The carrier at the northern end of the naval dockyard is an Illustrious class (far too small to be Queen Elizabeth!), possibly Lusty herself. There's a Type 45 just south of her, probably HMS Diamond judging by the red funnel badge. I also saw the wavy deck but the Carbon Cub probably won't play well with water!

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.