Sign in to follow this  
Wesley_Snipez064

Losing my mind trying to fix stuttering, boys

I think it is fair to say that we have all tried everything possible to address this issue. As it was not present during the Alpha it is a fault in the release code. Up to MS to solve it. At 1 or respectively 3.99 EUR a month I have all the time in the world to wait for a solution. 

• Like 1

Hans

2 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

I think it is fair to say that we have all tried everything possible to address this issue. As it was not present during the Alpha it is a fault in the release code. Up to MS to solve it. At 1 or respectively 3.99 EUR a month I have all the time in the world to wait for a solution. 

I was thinking about this yesterday. If I should have paid the one buck subscription. There are too many things to be fixed, new ones and many others in the backlog.

I changed the Processor Scheduling option in Advanced System Settings of Windows to "Adjust for best performance of background services" and it killed the stuttering.  There is another thread here about this, but it seems that MSFS is being treated as a background service...for some weird reason.  Making this switch made the stuttering go away. 

• Like 1

I'm not having stuttering issues. But I'm not a boy, so maybe this isn't relevant.

For me what worked was somehow in my bios under "M.2_2 PCIe Bandwidth Configuration" defaulted to "2X".  Must be when I updated the bios last.  Once I switched it to 4x, she is screaming now with no stutters.

• Like 2

Asus Z590-E motherboard, i9-10850K, Samsung EVO 970 1T M2, 32G Gskill RGB 3000 RAM, ASUS Strix ROG 3090OC, Honeycomb Yoke and throttle, Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke and Throttle, Thrustmaster TRP rudder

3 hours ago, Wesley_Snipez064 said:

I don't use sim connect and nothing is running in the background 

I assures you something is running in the background. Turn on Game Mode in Windows.

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Could be a driver issue. I had massive stutters but I resolved them by rolling back my drivers. Now I get similar performance during beta testing.

RX 480 is the issue. 2070 or higher

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3527/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

6 minutes ago, udidwht said:

RX 480 is the issue. 2070 or higher

It's not, it happens when literally every setting is low/off. And people with worse cards don't have it. 

Just now, Wesley_Snipez064 said:

It's not, it happens when literally every setting is low/off. And people with worse cards don't have it. 

Slew of folks complaining of stuttering. The RX 480 is below min requirement based on MS recommendation. Have yet to see anyone attempting to run this decently with anything lower than a 480

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3527/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

9 minutes ago, udidwht said:

Slew of folks complaining of stuttering. The RX 480 is below min requirement based on MS recommendation. Have yet to see anyone attempting to run this decently with anything lower than a 480

It's not , minimum is a 570, 480 is a lot better than it. Recommended is a 970 , of which the 480 is comparable too. Acting like I'm trying to run this at 4k bossman. 1080 medium - high and it's smooth fps wise , indicating the gpu is just fine.

Running wireless?  Try using a hard RJ-45 network cable direct to your router/gateway.

This recently helped a friend of mine when hosting a critical Zoom meeting.

Edited by sweetmusic