Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

How Do I Check Current Wind

With FSX/P3D if I press Shift + Z it shows the current wind, how do I do this in MSFS 2020 ?

Glen

I mean while airborne and without the G1000.

Glen

So MSFS with all that fancy weather and all those displays has no way of telling you the weather that it is actually producing around your aircraft?

39 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Check real life winds aloft forecasts?

http://aviationweather.gov

Real world weather doesn't work right now so it is nowhere CLOSE to what NOAA would report.

• Upvote 1

Eddie
KABQ

There's an update patch coming on Aug 27th, so my question stands: Is there no for MSFS to tell us via an on-screen display the weather that it is actually producing around your aircraft?

6 minutes ago, SeanMo said:

There's an update patch coming on Aug 27th, so my question stands: Is there no for MSFS to tell us via an on-screen display the weather that it is actually producing around your aircraft?

There isn’t an update patch coming on the 27th. They will announce when the patch is going to be ready on the 27th, that’s all. 

34 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

There isn’t an update patch coming on the 27th. They will announce when the patch is going to be ready on the 27th, that’s all. 

Hey, we've been through this before.  On the 27th they'll post the specific date they'll tell us when the new patch will be ready. <shakes head>

I'd been using Little Navmap in the Beta to get wind speed and direction, for as much good as it did me.  Little Navmap is supposed to work now if you disable AI traffic, otherwise you get stutters.  Maybe they'll update it... 

"I'll let you know next week when an update will be ready."  Hm, that's a good generic announcement, never has to be changed! 😄 

1 hour ago, FlyingInACessna said:

I just spewed Diet Coke all over my monitor!

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

1 hour ago, bonchie said:

Tune to an ATIS.

The ATIS is usually not correct, just as the real world weather is not correct. 

1 hour ago, FlyingInACessna said:

http://aviationweather.gov

How do we know if that matches what the aloft level forecasts are

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

So to answer my OP its looks like you can't.

With all the planning that must have gone into producing this Sim, how could they have omitted something so simple as displaying current winds. 

Glen