Sign in to follow this  
Tosp

newbie question about weather

Hi there.
I don't know much about simulators or whatnot. I was just wondering: the clouds in the simulator look very impressive. However, in nearly all cases, when I pick an airport to take off from, I have perfectly clear sky without any clouds. When I check the settings, then it says that the simulator takes the actual weather information and simulates that in the game. But that is not correct. Like, I just checked out an airport in southern Argentina, and according to google it's raining there right now. But in the simulator its perfectly clear sky. 

So I was wondering: why is the weather in the simulator nearly always cloudless, even though in reality it's not, despite me having set the game to take actual weather data?

I know that I can manually alter the weather, but I was still wondering what's going on here.

Thanks for any replies :)

Live weather does not work at the moment. It’s always clear and the wind is always 3 knots. Reported as a bug...

• Upvote 1

Eddie
KABQ

3 minutes ago, haskell said:

Live weather does not work at the moment. It’s always clear and the wind is always 3 knots. Reported as a bug...

Live Weather is working for me just fine, well Rain & Clouds are.

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

3 minutes ago, haskell said:

Well that isn't quite right, i've just flown in weather that looked in every way identical to the real radar and landed at Heathrow with a 24 knot wind.

What Live Weather can be is intermittent, presumably due to server load and there are reports that altitude winds are working in Europe but not in North America. People are also reporting that after a flight you may need to exit the sim and restart in order to see live weather again.

To blankly state it doesn't work is incorrect.

Live weather works very good here, very impressive. EKAH.
But I think this may vary depending on where you fly, and how much data is available.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

Anyone know the Source for the Live Weather please? (i.e. where Asobo get their Weather information from, thanks)

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

5 minutes ago, DPSimulation said:

Well that isn't quite right, i've just flown in weather that looked in every way identical to the real radar and landed at Heathrow with a 24 knot wind.

What Live Weather can be is intermittent, presumably due to server load and there are reports that altitude winds are working in Europe but not in North America. People are also reporting that after a flight you may need to exit the sim and restart in order to see live weather again.

To blankly state it doesn't work is incorrect.

Live weather does not work in the US. That’s the only place I have flown but research shows it is working in Europe. EVERY flight in the US I have flown is clear skies, winds out of the southwest at 3 knots and a temp of 15C

Eddie
KABQ

2 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Anyone know the Source for the Live Weather please? (i.e. where Asobo get their Weather information from, thanks)

www.meteoblue.com

• Like 1

in some places it works , in others not..i expect a quick fix..cant be that hard.

like the atc via asobo, at fist it didnt work well, now it does .

In New England. GB and Ireland as well as France, Sweden, Nova Scotia and California live WX has worked fine for me every time about 15 hrs flying so far.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

2 minutes ago, 177B said:

In New England. GB and Ireland as well as France, Sweden, Nova Scotia and California live WX has worked fine for me every time about 15 hrs flying so far.

Weird. It must be intermittent then. I flew in CA all day yesterday and it never changed. Was nowhere near what the METAR reported. Always clear, 15, winds 240 at 3.

Hope they get it fixed soon. It's a pain to have to enter it all manually then change along the route before your destination. 

Eddie
KABQ

15 minutes ago, Farlis said:

www.meteoblue.com

awesome thanks

20 minutes ago, haskell said:

Live weather does not work in the US. That’s the only place I have flown but research shows it is working in Europe. EVERY flight in the US I have flown is clear skies, winds out of the southwest at 3 knots and a temp of 15C

I just had a quick look at the weather situation in the US and loaded up at an airfield east of San Antonio with live weather. It's certainly not clear!

Maybe it's just certain parts of the US that aren't getting coverage? Either way, it needs sorting out.

In the meantime come and join us over the pond, plenty of weather for you here!  😁

1440x900.png

• Like 1

live weather working fine in Brazil

I think the OP might have weather settings as preset instead of live

Have you clicked the "Live" button in weather?