Sign in to follow this  
Kirbyk48

What I REALLY like about MSFS 2020 is....

Speaking as a boomer...it was a challenge to understand the UI at first, but I’m slowly getting it. Even though I’ve been flight simming since the late 80’s, when I got my first computer. I too love the fact that with an aging 6 year old system, I can fly decent settings through the middle of NYC.  I also love flying over my hometown and house.  Been saving my pennies waiting for the new Nvidia card to come out. Going to buy a monster rig to fly at all ultra settings on an ultra wide screen. At least that’s the plan.

Edited by caneman
  • Like 2

I like the fact that I can change the time or date or weather instantly without having to wait five minutes for the sim to load again. 

• Like 2

the visuals, the weather, the clouds, the night lighting, the amazing level of detail even with the default planes, the rain effects, the snow effects, there's way too many to name. The more I fly in the sim, the more my jaw drops to the floor.

• Like 3

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 minutes ago, captain420 said:

the visuals, the weather, the clouds, the night lighting, the amazing level of detail even with the default planes, the rain effects, the snow effects, there's way too many to name. The more I fly in the sim, the more my jaw drops to the floor.

I agree, every time I fly it I Enjoy it that much more.

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I bought Xbox game pass just to see if it could run on my antiquated system (i7 4790k, 16G ram, 1080ti card) and was blown away. Sure settings weren't maxed but the graphics are incredible and framerates reasonable. Put off getting p3d v5 to wait for it and glad I did, just bought premium Deluxe and I am looking forward to rediscovering my love of VFR flying

• Like 2

Craig Theodore

I like that it is going to be sold on XBox and bring in a ton of newcomers to the flight sim world. I also like that going to XBox will give MSFS a lot of money to continue to invest in improvements and new features. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

The UI seems to be HTML/CSS/JS... so presumably someone could create completely new UI.

Matthew S

I've been shooting ILS approaches and random touch-and-goes at airports as I wind my way across the eastern part of the country all day and don't ever get tired of the smooth transition to flight from the ground on takeoff, or the most excellent feeling of flight once airborne, or my favorite, which is the ease at which you can control the final moments of landing and really gently flare, hold it off and let her set down. Every pattern and landing has been a joy. 

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

that it runs at all with my subspec 1050ti....was totally unexpected.  (25 - 30 fps this over london, i am happy)