Sign in to follow this  
Hippo

Any plans for an FS2020 version?

New info: Dev says he's made quite a few changes to integrate VFR, VFR circuit and IFR arrivals very recently. To keep separation, VFR traffic may be instructed to orbit to allow IFR traffic to land.

Obviously not integrated in this build in this clip.  Working out a few bugs with the new code here still, eg to make sure the right phraseology is used in the correct circumstances etc

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

It is voiced based right. I did not hear you say much of anything? 
would be cool to hear some more communication as well, some AI/ATC interaction perhaps. 

in due time perhaps, nice to have something at least 😀

Edited by mikced76

17 minutes ago, mikced76 said:

It is voiced based right. I did not hear you say much of anything?

Absolutely yes, you can't hear me because my shadow play setting were only recording the game sounds not my microphone 

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

18 minutes ago, mikced76 said:

would be cool to hear some more communication as well, some AI/ATC interaction perhaps. 

I redid the flight recording all comms, but the Dev wants to fix a couple of phraseology issues befire putting a video in the wild fully

• Upvote 1

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, mikced76 said:

The newer one I did had a 737 cleared to land just after I took off, you can hear it cleared to land, then told to exit the runway.  I looked back at the runway several times so you can see the AI on finals and decelerating on the runway as well as hear it being controlled :D. Have to get @tegoid to ok me posting it...

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 1

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

@mikced76 @davenicoll

Ok heres the full circuit with Comms

Please note there are some bugs that are shown in this clip, which are in the process of being fixed, so it isn't 100% representative of the final product.  

@6:51 see the 737 cleared to land, look back into the distance and you can see it on finals shortly afterwards.

@8:20 hear the 737 directed to clear the runway having just landed, when I look left you can see it decelerating on the runway.

There a some occasions where my Comms didn't register, this is because I was releasing the PTT button too quickly and the voice string wasn't recognised, user error!  Also note this is showing basic mode, which gives communication prompts, not expert mode, which just leaves you to it 😉

This is EGGP Liverpool, where I did my PPL.

Vox is generating AI from the full AIG package here.  I do fondly remember mixing it up in a PA38 with those EZY and RYR's 😁

Happy to answer questions....

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

Some problems with getting VoxATC to understad you, but I heard you explan the reason for it in the video.

An other thing is the stutter, is it due to Vox or low spec computer perhaps your end

Very nice all together.

Mike

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikced76 said:

Some problems with getting VoxATC to understad you, but I heard you explan the reason for it in the video.

An other thing is the stutter, is it due to Vox or low spec computer perhaps your end

Very nice all together.

Mike

In what way is his PC low spec?

Ah stutter is induced by the varying frame rate interacting with shadowplay and YouTube.  Was better for me in flight.  My PC isn't exactly the hottest and newest now and I probably should reduce some settings, but I hate doing that 🤣

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

5 minutes ago, jkeye said:

In what way is his PC low spec?

Is only a 10850 CPU, and is a bit crippled with background stuff Inc shadowplay as well as pretty demanding settings.  I sometimes o/c it to 5.2 GHz which helps a little.

Look at the overlay, the GPU (3090) barely gets above 60% use 😭😭😭

Edited by kevinfirth

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

6 minutes ago, mikced76 said:

My fault for releasing the PTT button too early at times

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

Thanks for doing this Kevin...

Looking forward to release....sounds like you are in constant communication with Tegwyn...Happy to be a beta tester if he is looking for more...Only VFR though as that's all I do lol..

9 minutes ago, davenicoll said:

Looking forward to release....sounds like you are in constant communication with Tegwyn...Happy to be a beta tester if he is looking for more...Only VFR though as that's all I do lol..

Yes I am, sometimes more sometimes less depending on what's being worked on.  Eg, right now we're talking about whether he can introduce VFR VRPs for UK airfields...didn't work fully in P3D because not all versions used 8.33 khz spacing.  That would be cool to have the vox controller direct you to enter a co trolled zone via a defined rw VRP :). No promises...

What you see here is a build several weeks old.

Edited by kevinfirth

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

19 minutes ago, davenicoll said:

Any rw flight experience or relevant knowledge? 🙂

Edited by kevinfirth

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

I agree, asking you to enter a control zone via a VRP would be amazing...

I have had a few flights in real life and aware of ATC if that's any good lol..