Sign in to follow this  
michal

FSX Performance

1. Is there a PC out there today from Alienware, Dell, Gateway or other, that can run FSX with NO BLURRIES at mid-level settings?2. Have we found an answer yet to the exact PC specs that the MS team used when they developed this game?to get blurries, fly a 737 at around 280 mph for around 5 minutes over KLAX. Take a screen shot. Than slew for a bit. Take a screenshot and post the ground.Tim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I run everything to the right except autogen off, bloom off, and water low, ai traffic at 25 % with mytraffic. 20-40 fps average.I get no blurries...and great high res textures-frame fiber set at .44. Autogen causes instant blurring of the high res textures at any setting.PIv 3.2, 3 megs ram, nvidia 7600 gs 512 megs.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

to get blurries, fly a 737 at around 280 mph for around 5 minutes over KLAX. Take a screen shot. Than slew for a bit. Take a screenshot and post the ground.Let me know your results. DO NOT FLY A CESSNA!Tim

Think about how much texture and mesh data you're asking the sim to load in such a small period of time when you slew - there's no system on earth that can meet that demand.

I agree that flying at high speed causes pretty bad blurries in FSX.I increased my FIBER_FRAME_RATIO setting to .50 and the blurries were greatly reduced. I strongly believe that next year when I upgrade to 2gig of ram and a 512 mb DX10 vid card the blurries will be a thing of the past, even with the default setting of .33James

>1. Is there a PC out there today from Alienware, Dell,>Gateway or other, that can run FSX with NO BLURRIES at>mid-level settings?>My system can, under normal flight conditions, never do blurries. So can Geof's. So can a lot of people's.YOu have to remember, you can get ANY system to give the blurries if you slew it fast enough. Any system known to man or God.>2. Have we found an answer yet to the exact PC specs that the>MS team used when they developed this game?>They developed and ran it on lesser systems than many of us have.One time tdragger posted his rig, and it was pretty good, but nothing mind-blowing.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

>to get blurries, fly a 737 at around 280 mph for around 5>minutes over KLAX. Take a screen shot. Than slew for a bit.>Take a screenshot and post the ground.>>Let me know your results. DO NOT FLY A CESSNA!>>TimNo blurries here npb... ;-)Andr

>Slewing has caused blurries since the beginning of time...If I recall FLY!2 was unique - no blurries but at the expense of waiting for scenery to fall into places before updating aircraft position. Sounds like a clever idea? Well, it was actually a very bad idea to tie aircraft dynamics to scenery update, very, very bad idea. No commercial simulator does it. In FLY!2 is was responsible for a lot stutter.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gif