Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Installing just a few liveries from 10 GB livery megapack?

The installer doesn't work for me. I placed the installer in the community folder where the liveries zip is and I get the black screen that says it's been installed but nothing opens after I hit enter. Is it because I have the first megapack installed already?

9 minutes ago, bosflo said:

The installer doesn't work for me. I placed the installer in the community folder where the liveries zip is and I get the black screen that says it's been installed but nothing opens after I hit enter. Is it because I have the first megapack installed already?

I haven't looked at the new installer, but if it doesn't delete the previous megapacks then you should before installing new, otherwise you might have double entries. Plus you are supposed to run the installer in a temporary folder then move to community:

"Usage:
-- Place MegapackInstaller.exe in the same folder as liveriesmegapack.zip
-- Run MegapackInstaller.exe after which it will extract the liveries to /Temp/ folder
-- After it's done with that, you'll be able to select which aircrafts you want the liveries for and click the button at the bottom. Whatever you unselect, gets deleted from the temporary folder.
-- It will list every livery in the pack with a thumbnail, the aircraft, the name and a tickbox for Player livery and AI livery (where available).
-- Untick whichever you want and click the button at the bottom. The unselected liveries get removed (model, texture folders as well as their aircraft.cfg entries). The aircraft.cfg and layout.json get rebuilt for every aircraft.
-- The temporary folder will be renamed /Build/ when the tool is done.
-- Inside the /Build/ folder you will find your filtered megapack."

Edited by desbean

Actually the installer doesn't work for me. Once you get to picking liveries the thumbnails are so big they take up the whole page with nowhere on the screen to pick which to keep.

livery.jpg

Installing multiple liveries from multiple authors is a major PITA at the moment.  I just pick one author and grab those.  You have to edit the json files argh.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Are there any UPS or Fedex liveries for the big jets? I'd enjoy hauling cargo (in my imagination) as much as I would ferrying people.

• Like 1

When using live traffic do your ai flights use the liveries? At KSAV every flight at the gate seems to be "Generic".

James

13 hours ago, desbean said:

I haven't looked at the new installer, but if it doesn't delete the previous megapacks then you should before installing new, otherwise you might have double entries. Plus you are supposed to run the installer in a temporary folder then move to community:

"Usage:
-- Place MegapackInstaller.exe in the same folder as liveriesmegapack.zip
-- Run MegapackInstaller.exe after which it will extract the liveries to /Temp/ folder
-- After it's done with that, you'll be able to select which aircrafts you want the liveries for and click the button at the bottom. Whatever you unselect, gets deleted from the temporary folder.
-- It will list every livery in the pack with a thumbnail, the aircraft, the name and a tickbox for Player livery and AI livery (where available).
-- Untick whichever you want and click the button at the bottom. The unselected liveries get removed (model, texture folders as well as their aircraft.cfg entries). The aircraft.cfg and layout.json get rebuilt for every aircraft.
-- The temporary folder will be renamed /Build/ when the tool is done.
-- Inside the /Build/ folder you will find your filtered megapack."

Thank you, I will try it. Do you know if this is for clinks megapack or someone else? There are some confusing things when you see a release posted on multiple sites and social media pages. It seems like a lot of different people are working on the same things now.

I have downloaded the liveries but the airline name on the aircraft are all back to front (like looking at writing in a mirror) but when i get closer to the aircraft, the writing appears normal but from a distance it is all back to front - anyone else experience this and know how to resolve it please ?

Thanks

4 hours ago, flotmangooner said:

I have downloaded the liveries but the airline name on the aircraft are all back to front (like looking at writing in a mirror) but when i get closer to the aircraft, the writing appears normal but from a distance it is all back to front - anyone else experience this and know how to resolve it please ?

Thanks

On the 747? I think that is a MSFS issue with the aircraft.

• Like 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Speaking of liveries, will the AI apply a UPS livery to a UPS plane? Same with Fedex, etc. I know this is probably wishful thinking, but it would make my day.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ups.com%2Fassets%2F

7 hours ago, flotmangooner said:

Thanks

It's a bug with the 747.  Liveries for the 747 are correct on one side but backwards on the other side.  This is probably something Asobo will need to fix down the road.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

22 hours ago, Keto Ketchup said:

Speaking of liveries, will the AI apply a UPS livery to a UPS plane? Same with Fedex, etc. I know this is probably wishful thinking, but it would make my day.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ups.com%2Fassets%2F

No, right now it seems that applies random liveries instead of the proper ones.

James