Based on Nvidia’s public statement, the new generation of graphics cards (3000 series) will be revolutionary. Even their more inferior card, the 3070, will be more powerful than the 2080ti.  In light of the upcoming release of these monumental graphics cards, it’ll be interesting to see a matchup between MSFS and the 3090 GTX. If the card cannot smooth things out, what will?

I convinced Alienware to allow me to return my recently purchased system for the new Alienware which has the 3090. It appears it will be ready in a few weeks. Many of you urged to to wait - you were right

Edited by Huascar

I’m curious how Dell could promise delivery of something that won’t even be available to them from a manufacturing standpoint “in a Few weeks”

Edited by FrankR409

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

33 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

I’m curious how Dell could promise delivery of something that won’t even be available to them from a manufacturing standpoint “in a Few weeks”

Because the vast majority of what Dell does or says has always been utter claptrap. Alienware used to be a decent company, but that was a long time ago.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 9/5/2020 at 6:20 AM, Huascar said:

It appears it will be ready in a few weeks.

Good luck man. Hope you're right and it is only a few weeks for your sake, but there tends to be a rush on these cards when they're released (especially on the 30xx series since it's such a generational improvement). Might be a bit longer given current supply chain issues, but no matter what, I think it'll be worth the wait.

Ryzen 9 3950X / RTX 2080 Ti / 32GB DDR4 (3200MHz @ 14-14-14-34)

The cryptocurrency miners will snap them up first, so expect a shortage and inflated prices.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Nvidia already announced a delay of 16 October. Could be late 2020 when we start getting real access. Worth the wait. Alienware ain’t too bad. TheIr customer service is first class and you can extend your warranty for up to five years!!!

Edited by Huascar

I won’t be considering any of the 3000 range until I’ve seen performance stats for MFS and P3D. The fact it might give double fps in Minecraft compared to a 1080Ti is completely irrelevant to me.

Spending more to have 3Gb less VRAM is nonsensical to me especially when P3Dv5 seems to need plenty to avoid CTDs.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I won’t be considering any of the 3000 range until I’ve seen performance stats for MFS and P3D. The fact it might give double fps in Minecraft compared to a 1080Ti is completely irrelevant to me.

Spending more to have 3Gb less VRAM is nonsensical to me especially when P3Dv5 seems to need plenty to avoid CTDs.

Agreed. And with the estimated prices, spending a month/two month's salary on one card will certainly not get past SWMBO.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

3 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Agreed. And with the estimated prices, spending a month/two month's salary on one card will certainly not get past SWMBO.

Nor will it get past my own logic processes. Silly money but when Nvidia have no really serious competition they can charge what they think people will pay.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

SWMBO?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.