Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Blurry ground and buildings

11 minutes ago, Evros said:

GPU doesnt drive physical screen size, it drives individual pixels. On a huge screen, pixels are physically bigger and pixels per inch is less, but none the less there is same amount of them when you compare it to a same resolution, smaller panel. 

So be it either big or small panel, same resolution yields same performance. 

ok

52 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

My lod is set to 200 and I'm mainly GPU limited CPU floats around 60, GPU around 100 mostly running ultra 4k with 1080ti and i7 8700k 64GB ram, thanks for the tip I will check out those programs. I'm very happy with performance just the melting terrain in the distance is a pest but could be the area I'm flying won't know until I investigate further. I have dropped back down to 1080p and tried lower settings including mucking around with cache but always same result

I highly suspect the 1080ti is not able to render all photogrammetry fast enough. Mine struggles with 4K and I’ve tuned lots of settings down (I’m on medium-high average) in order to avoid post-apocalyptic cities. If you try reducing rendering scale to say 80% or resolution to 2k it would be interesting if that gives the 1080ti a chance to render all photogrammetry correctly.

Edit: didn’t read your last sentence until now, disregard my suggestions above.

Edited by flavik77

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

3 hours ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

Joe, everything that Evros has said is factually correct.

I'm no expert but I imagine he's correct.

I also wonder why performance (frame rates, heat, smoothness) changes significantly going from full screen (or from a 60 inch to a 25 inch monitor)  Screen to windowed mode? I hope my computer is not suffering from placebo-fever, cause that would be scarry.  Haha.

When I go from full 60 inch down to a smaller  window or monitor, fps gain is about 20-35 and the sim is alot smoother. Thus my explanation... "Your graphics card, will work harder and harder the bigger the size of the display it needs to cover, regradless of the resolution." But, again,  I'm no expert; I'm just sharing my experience and observations.

Edited by joemiller

13 hours ago, RustyFlyer said:

VSync in NvCP set to "Use 3D App settings" globally, and set to "Use Global Settings" within MFS (which, of course, is circular and which leads to Use 3D App settings, i.e.: Use MFS settings). And, in MFS graphics options, I simply have VSync set to "On". I do not have frame rates limited in NvCP, I have them limited to 30 in MFS graphics options. I have display set to 60Hz, and I am running MFS at 1080p.

I am very happy with 25 - 30 FPS flying over Manhattan while experiencing it in great detail. My system is already a few years old, thus it is not a kick-a_z system, but hey, I'm enjoying the visuals in MFS thus far.

Have you tried setting your monitor refresh rate to 30 Hz, then in NCP setting the max frame rate to 31 (for Flight Simulator) and vertical sync to "use 3D application setting) In MSFS turn on vsync and set to 60 FPS.

I tried this last night and while looking around is a little choppy the actual sim was very smooth. Maybe worth a try

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Something interesting regarding monitor size.

I have the DELL  P43 (43") @ 3848 x 2160 and no matter what I do window, full my performance is terrible on MSFS compared to P3D or XP11 and other games.

So I did adjust screen size in window mode from 34" to 38" with the same settings in MSFS and NVCP to default and found out to see that the micro-stutters and stutters are gone.

As soon as I go on window or full screen 43" problems surface, stutters, blurry etc. I remember having the same issues with the XP11 initially and after they changed something on DX12 or else and optimized the software all the problems went away and I can run it without any problems.

I still believe that this software is not properly optimized for online functionality, Bing data and Photogrammertry, besides the other issues. 

Check this guy out, very interesting.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/solution-for-stutters-pauses/198328

Edited by killthespam
  • Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

6 hours ago, joemiller said:

I'm no expert but I imagine he's correct.

I also wonder why performance (frame rates, heat, smoothness) changes significantly going from full screen (or from a 60 inch to a 25 inch monitor)  Screen to windowed mode? I hope my computer is not suffering from placebo-fever, cause that would be scarry.  Haha.

When I go from full 60 inch down to a smaller  window or monitor, fps gain is about 20-35 and the sim is alot smoother. Thus my explanation... "Your graphics card, will work harder and harder the bigger the size of the display it needs to cover, regradless of the resolution." But, again,  I'm no expert; I'm just sharing my experience and observations.

This performance increase comes back to amount of pixels being driven. If you shrink the application window, then adjacent pixels that fall outside of the window no longer need to be calculated because there is nothing but a static desktop displaying on those pixels. What you are effectively doing is decreasing resolution that the game is rendered at.

Lets take an example. On a 1080p monitor, there is 2 073 600 individual pixels making up that panel (1920x1080 right?). When you are on full screen, GPU does calculations to continuously update information on all of those pixels as game progresses/moves. When you go windowed and start to shrink the application window, then all of a sudden all of those pixels that are no longer inside the window don't need to be rendered anymore for the application in use. If you shrink it by 50% then only half of those 2 073 600 pixels no longer need to be calculated for a 3D application. This is where the performance increase comes from.

Regarding going from 60" monitor to 25", I assume that this 25" screen has lower native resolution and that is why you see performance improvements. Remember, smaller resolution means less pixels and easier to drive. Windows itself recognizes native resolution for connected monitor and sets it at this.

Edited by Evros
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Evros said:

This performance increase comes back to amount of pixels being driven. If you shrink the application window, then adjacent pixels that fall outside of the window no longer need to be calculated because there is nothing but a static desktop displaying on those pixels. What you are effectively doing is decreasing resolution that the game is rendered at.

Makes a lot of sense. Thank you, Evros.

10 hours ago, killthespam said:

Something interesting regarding monitor size.

I have the DELL  P43 (43") @ 3848 x 2160 and no matter what I do window, full my performance is terrible on MSFS compared to P3D or XP11 and other games.

So I did adjust screen size in window mode from 34" to 38" with the same settings in MSFS and NVCP to default and found out to see that the micro-stutters and stutters are gone.

As soon as I go on window or full screen 43" problems surface, stutters, blurry etc. I remember having the same issues with the XP11 initially and after they changed something on DX12 or else and optimized the software all the

Interesting, right? That's what I observed. Windowed vs Full Screen. And, the improvement is not necessarily shrinking  tons, but as soon as you change to Windowed mode, there (is) a (significant) improvement. 

Edited by joemiller
  • Like 1