Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Blurry ground and buildings

Thank you all!

I think that actually size and resolution has something to do with it. I will post a picture later today, I'm not home right now.

From what I see on the net lots of people complain about performance and picture quality, at the same time when you see those movies and pictures it's a different story. Maybe the software is not properly optimized, I don't know, that's why I'm asking for help.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Hi,

This one when you look left down you can see a clear picture while where is the red circle it's getting blurry.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VtYp7Sxwcz1zTt07dZPgcCwIXCpw-FY4/view?usp=sharing

While this one "showcase" (published by Microsoft, Asobo) it's clear and crisp at any distance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D6rg3qI-k0LtmVqdwaX0qbz39mFMfO4Z/view?usp=sharing

So even my "Terrain level of detail" is 200 I cant get that clear crisp picture at distance. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, killthespam said:

This one when you look left down you can see a clear picture while where is the red circle it's getting blurry.

Have you tried to vary the time of day? In your picture, the Sun mainly illuminates the west-facing sides of buildings as well as the roofs, while the north-facing sides fall in shadows. Due to your angle of sight, you mostly see the well illuminated roofs of the low nearby buildings, as well as the gaps between them. As you get closer to distant Manhattan, you see much more the dark north-facing sides of the buildings and even their west-facing sides often shadow one another.

On 9/6/2020 at 9:19 AM, RustyFlyer said:

I'm not really sure that I am doing anything special. I run at 60Hz, I do not limit frame rates (either globally or for MFS specifically) in NCP, I limit frame rates to 30 in MFS, image sharpening is off in NCP, etc. But then again, I am currently running MFS at 1080p; perhaps this has to do with it.

Hi,

I also have a 42" 1080P TV that I use and the only way I can get a really smooth experience is limit the FPS to 60 to match the refresh rate which can be challenging to keep consistent. What are your Vsync settings in NCP? I assume you also mean under MS Flight Simulator in NCP you set your max FPS to 30? Do you then turn Vsync off in the Sim?

I have tried messing around with reducing the FPS but it is just not fluid when I pan left or right. The best result I got was to set the refresh rate to 30Hz then set 30FPS inside NCP. The result was actually pretty good but I felt I lost some image sharpness. Panning was still not as smooth as it is when I am on 60Hz and hitting 60 FPS

Hopefully some good optimizations will be coming down the road. I can maintain a solid 60 FPS in the FF A320 in X-Plane 11 with Ortho scenery and pretty high settings. Mind you low & slow is way more fun in MSFS 2020 !

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

On 9/7/2020 at 2:50 PM, killthespam said:

Hi,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VtYp7Sxwcz1zTt07dZPgcCwIXCpw-FY4/view?usp=sharing

While this one "showcase" (published by Microsoft, Asobo) it's clear and crisp at any distance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D6rg3qI-k0LtmVqdwaX0qbz39mFMfO4Z/view?usp=sharing

So even my "Terrain level of detail" is 200 I cant get that clear crisp picture at distance. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you!

I thought you said your textures were blurry? 🤦🏿‍♂️ When you are flying in real life, can you see clearly miles away? If your answer is no, then your sim is working the way it should. I don't know why some of you guys are obsessed with seeing sharp scenery miles away from where you are 🤦🏿‍♂️ 

• Like 2

I don't remember the textures been this bad during testing. I assume the textures issues are due to server loads...

I did experience lots of blurries but it seems better after increasing terrain level of detail beyond 200%. Will have to test further although initially I get promising results.

\Users\...\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg.opt. I’ve set Terrain LoDFactor to 4.0 which is smooth in most situations. But in photogrammetry-heavy areas I become severely GPU-limited on my 1080Ti. It’s also worth noting that with this tweak RAM usage is around 25Gb or even higher. Also almost all of the available 11Gb VRAM is being used.

Below screenshot from overflying the photogrammetry city of Aachen.

Rxbknij.jpg

I’m using native resolution of 3840x1600 on an Acer 37,5" curved IPS.

Edited by flavik77

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

4 hours ago, Pierre-Normand said:

Have you tried to vary the time of day? In your picture, the Sun mainly illuminates the west-facing sides of buildings as well as the roofs, while the north-facing sides fall in shadows. Due to your angle of sight, you mostly see the well illuminated roofs of the low nearby buildings, as well as the gaps between them. As you get closer to distant Manhattan, you see much more the dark north-facing sides of the buildings and even their west-facing sides often shadow one another.

Thank you Pierre,

I fully understand, the big issue here is that when you select Photogrammetry + Bing textures are blurry and building textures are not sharp and they are bulky. Selecting Photogrammetry and Bing off, picture quality improves.

My internet  download speed is 400 Mbps and upload is 35 Mbps so I belive that there is something wrong with the way this software is optimized.

I run XP11 and P3D at the highest values and I have no micro-stutters, stutters or scenery/performance issues.

My Pc is an I 9 10900 K at 5.2 GHZ, Nvidia Titan RTX 24 GB memory and 64 GB memory at 3400 Mhz.

8 minutes ago, killthespam said:

Thank you Pierre,

I fully understand, the big issue here is that when you select Photogrammetry + Bing textures are blurry and building textures are not sharp and they are bulky. Selecting Photogrammetry and Bing off, picture quality improves.

My internet  download speed is 400 Mbps and upload is 35 Mbps so I belive that there is something wrong with the way this software is optimized.

I run XP11 and P3D at the highest values and I have no micro-stutters, stutters or scenery/performance issues.

My Pc is an I 9 10900 K at 5.2 GHZ, Nvidia Titan RTX 24 GB memory and 64 GB memory at 3400 Mhz.

How does your setup run the new sim,sweet system

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

4 hours ago, Richdem said:

Hi,

I also have a 42" 1080P TV that I use and the only way I can get a really smooth experience is limit the FPS to 60 to match the refresh rate which can be challenging to keep consistent. What are your Vsync settings in NCP? I assume you also mean under MS Flight Simulator in NCP you set your max FPS to 30? Do you then turn Vsync off in the Sim?

I have tried messing around with reducing the FPS but it is just not fluid when I pan left or right. The best result I got was to set the refresh rate to 30Hz then set 30FPS inside NCP. The result was actually pretty good but I felt I lost some image sharpness. Panning was still not as smooth as it is when I am on 60Hz and hitting 60 FPS

Hopefully some good optimizations will be coming down the road. I can maintain a solid 60 FPS in the FF A320 in X-Plane 11 with Ortho scenery and pretty high settings. Mind you low & slow is way more fun in MSFS 2020 !

VSync in NvCP set to "Use 3D App settings" globally, and set to "Use Global Settings" within MFS (which, of course, is circular and which leads to Use 3D App settings, i.e.: Use MFS settings). And, in MFS graphics options, I simply have VSync set to "On". I do not have frame rates limited in NvCP, I have them limited to 30 in MFS graphics options. I have display set to 60Hz, and I am running MFS at 1080p.

I am very happy with 25 - 30 FPS flying over Manhattan while experiencing it in great detail. My system is already a few years old, thus it is not a kick-a_z system, but hey, I'm enjoying the visuals in MFS thus far.

Edited by RustyFlyer

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

1 hour ago, devgrp said:

I thought you said your textures were blurry? 🤦🏿‍♂️ When you are flying in real life, can you see clearly miles away? If your answer is no, then your sim is working the way it should. I don't know why some of you guys are obsessed with seeing sharp scenery miles away from where you are 🤦🏿‍♂️ 

I really don't know how to start this because I'm not looking for any confrontation here.
So I will start with this, yes I'm a real pilot and fly for a living.
Yes many days in actual real flying conditions you will be in clear wx conditions and you will see for miles and miles ahead of you and very sharp scenery all around you.
"Guys" like me are actually not obsessed with this issue, we are concerned and unhappy about some of the flaws that are misrepresented, and the sim community and we don't get the real feeling about the simulation.
This is also a hubby for us and being lucky that we are up there will like to share with you our experiences and improve this simulation.
Also, this issue is all over the internet and many people are complaining about it, there is no secret.
The actual problem is people calling other people "obsessed" when they have a valid point about an issue and we cannot accept someone's point of view.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, killthespam said:

I’ve had this issue from time to time. Could be a server overload issue as I have a 600Mbps connection. When photogrammetry objects are bulky I guess there are either insufficient data available or not enough processing power available for rendering those objects. 

Ive had an almost flawless experience after manually caching all of Manhattan and the surrounding suburbs, hence on my system it seems to be a download and not a rendering issue.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

14 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

How does your setup run the new sim,sweet system

I got this PC for my son and is running perfect on everything except with MSFS 2020, micro-stutters, stutters and buildings with blurry textures.

He's got the XP11, P3d and is smooth like a silk even with the FSlabs fully loaded.

I was hoping after all this hype and showcase to use it to get him into flying. I was so wrong, hopefully they will fix it and get out of "beta" version. 

On 9/6/2020 at 5:24 PM, Driver170 said:

Let me try also my smaller Gaming monitor as currently around Manhattan on my 78” 4k Samsung i get blurry buildings.

Uffff 4k on a 72 inch monitor?  Current cards cannot handle that. Go On Window mode and scale down the window to about 3/4 of 1/2 and you WILL see increase in fps and better textures.

7 minutes ago, killthespam said:

I got this PC for my son and is running perfect on everything except with MSFS 2020, micro-stutters, stutters and buildings with blurry textures.

He's got the XP11, P3d and is smooth like a silk even with the FSlabs fully loaded.

I was hoping after all this hype and showcase to use it to get him into flying. I was so wrong, hopefully they will fix it and get out of "beta" version. 

That's a killer system there is no excuse why the Sim should be running really well, let's hope they optimise quickly,based on your experience sounds like a 3090 won't help much,is it running 4k ultra

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K