Sign in to follow this  
FTD1949

FSX challenge. . . let's settle it?

It's just as valid a request as the first one in the thread.Smoothness is perception - and perception is everything.I don't know what or how it works - but I have smoother flights, panning in the VC and landings in FSX than I have in FS2004 for the same FPS.Frankly, I cannot stay ahead of the aircraft and land smoothly at KSEA with anything below 30 FPS in FS2004.But I can do it quite well at 15FPS in FSX.

Guest nem

You know, maybe I would do that if I gave a #### about FPS. I don't though, I rarely switch the FPS display on. All that matters to me, is the experience fluid and enjoyable and looking good to me? So far it is, and I couldn't care less if that's with 10 or 30 FPS.The atmosphere here would be so much more relaxed if people would just enjoy whatever sim they prefer instead of comparing goddamn numbers all day.Regards,http://www.bremmekamp.com/img/misc/avsim.jpg

Smarti05, all I've seen you do in this thread is scoff at fellow flight simmers and then in the same sentence ask for help. You do see the disconnect here don't you?? This forum is full of fellow simmers trying to help others achieve some level of happiness with their FSX installs...perhaps you could stop poking everyone here in the chest and start looking around the forums for the information you need.Or do you expect those here to summarize, just for you, the the collected knowledge gained in the last couple of weeks??

>The atmosphere here would be so much more relaxed if people>would just enjoy whatever sim they prefer instead of comparing>goddamn numbers all day.Well said Jens, well said.....(clapping hands smiley :-) )

Dead set, this place gives me memories of my year six playground in 1983. Pathetic.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

>So your a great help then, fsx runs great on my machine and>i'm going to gloat about, but not only that the rest of us>have to stop crying for help and even if it does run great on>some rubbish old machine (which it doesnt) you're not going to>tell us any details of your set up so that we can try and find>the magic bullet.Magic bullet? There are stickied threads here and on the forums of FS2004.com that are filled to the brim with tweaks for autogen and various other configuration settings.No, I promise you FSX will not run great on a "rubbish old machine" no matter what you do, so get that idea right out of your head. However you can still have a machine with modest specs and use these tweaks to vastly improve your performance results in FSX.Will it be enough? Who the heck knows...I have no idea what you consider to be acceptable performance. All I'm saying is that you can greatly improve your FPS just using some of the suggestions that have already been made here in the last couple of weeks. Your mileage will vary, but enough people report good results and I can personally say that I've benefited from listening to some of these suggestions.So unless you consider reading a magic act, there is no magic bullet - it will require you to do some tinkering.

RE: FSX challenge. . . let's settle it? It's a rather pointless challenge. I know what will happen from other threads. Some folks will say it's impossible. Others will say that the person who took the screenshot paused at the peak FPS before they took it. Here's how I feel. I'm glad I purchased it and am happy with it after a bit of tweaking. I really don't care if someone says otherwise. If your not happy with it then return it or don't use it. Craig

Guest ditopilot

>For anybody that really wants to see photos of FSX doing very>well on most computers just go to the screen shot forum. There>you will find some very nice shots of Both FS9 and FSX.>>Then please leave your comments some of the best screens>around are there for both Sims. They both can just be stunning>and if your not in to Flight Sims yet you can see why we do>it.:) >>Like the poster said nothing to see here just follow this link>and enjoy.>>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=147In addition you can also check out the FSX Screenshots forum at http://www.fs2004.com/forums/ and be amazed! That's why I've concluded that the computer one has makes a big big difference!dito

Guest FxF3

Here tingoose To me this is fun on my computer. But I like bush flying much more so you can double or triple this frame rates to where I fly.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/160276.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/160277.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/160278.jpgAnd also I must add the FPS are smooth never before has an FS product given such smooth rate no matter what the FPS are as long as they are above 14. Somebody has stated that the FPS counter in FSX maybe off also.I guess the people that like FSX will still like it and those that hate it will still hate it no matter whats posted.My computer specsAMD 3800 cpuAti X1800xl video card 256mb ram1gb 3200 ram.

Guest Max

I can hear those stress related problems arising right through my internet connection! Its just a game, remember that. You guys are hilarious. You complain and argue to no end about a hobby which you LOVE...which is what stirrs you up in the first place.Instead of being negative towards what you love, try being positive! And I dont care WHAT you're reason is for complaining, or how "good" it is, THIS is a place to share constructively in what we ENJOY doing. Go somewhere else and demean someone else's hobby if you are going to be that way.And by the way, in case you had'nt noticed, FSX Rocks! Why does it rock? because thats all we got! And we might as well enjoy all we got, right?....Right!Just dont fill our forum with this useless trascript of a phone conversation complaining to Aces support. Get it? Now lets get back to improving our experience.Max

I never got stellar performance in Seattle in FS9, why on earth would I attempt it in FSX, LOLI tend to stay away from the big cities in FSX becaue I know I can't get the visual experience I want, so I enjoy other areas that I know work very well in FSX.Reggie is correct, FSX is smoother at lower Frames than FS9.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

>So your a great help then, fsx runs great on my machine and>i'm going to gloat about, but not only that the rest of us>have to stop crying for help and even if it does run great on>some rubbish old machine (which it doesnt) you're not going to>tell us any details of your set up so that we can try and find>the magic bullet.>>That just proves that you have no idea whats going on in your>computer and thus your comments are as usefull as someone>admiring a car because its got a nice song on the radio.>>>You make me laarrffAnd you are being a jerk to everyone in this thread! And you expect these people to want to help you? RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I agree, I'm with a low end system and can not fly seattle in FS9 with maxed out settings, 4-10 is unflyable. FSX I get a dodgy 6-9 fps.FS9 minimum for me with UT, FSmesh, ASV flying around telluride was between 15 to 25, 15 being my limit of flyability, FSX it's pretty much the same fps, but FSX seems to be flyable down to even 10, though that's skirting the edge of disaster.By the way, I have low standards and my perception of smooth flight has been dictated by my fs machines over the years. Being poor, I've never had a great system so I live with what I have. 30fps standard? what's that?Ian.

>By the way, I have low standards and my perception of smooth>flight has been dictated by my fs machines over the years. >Being poor, I've never had a great system so I live with what>I have. 30fps standard? what's that?>>Ian.That's not having low standards. People who require 40-60 FPS are cursed to have to keep pouring money into their PC's just to keep up with the latest and greatest games. Software will always outpace hardware...it's the nature of the beast.Besides, all that matters is that you're enjoying the game.

Very true, but it's funny how some can enjoy it at 15-25 and others won't enjoy anything below 30. That's not a bash, just shows the difference in perception around the community.And yes, 23 years, 5 kids and 2 marriages later (man I'm getting old), I'm still enjoying this franchise, and FSX for me is the closest incarnation of flight for FS yet and I'm perplexed at the communities reaction to it.I never maxed out FS9 and I don't expect to max out FSX, but each versions mid range settings keep getting better and better.Ian.amd athlon xp/6600 ultra 128mb/1gb ram/2 mini k-mart fans