Sign in to follow this  
freewayne

Where Are My Aircraft (WAMA) for MSFS2020

2 hours ago, BrianT said:

I ran the 1.23.b02_msfs version you so kindly made available for me and as you suggested there is an issue when trying to run the "edit database" function. If I click on it, it opens up the edit DB screen and if I then click on "scan scenery library" it instantly says "Completed" but the button itself says "stop scanning"  
I've left it for ages and tried it with the community folder empty as well but still the same.

If you do get a chance to look at it that would be great but totally understand it's way down on your list.

Yes, something apparently changed in the scenery files, that is tripping up the scanner now.

Not to worry though. I've taken a look into the new methods available in SimConnect, and if they work as described, this is quite easy to implement and not too much effort. I just need a little time. 

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Hey Lorby

Was an avid WAMA user for FSX and P3D ... I had absolutely no idea that you had created a prototype for MSFS.  Only found it about an hour ago as I was thinking how much I wanted WAMA in MSFS ... had not heard a dickybird about your work on it.

I'm convinced that the lack of interest you mention in previous posts must have something to do with total lack of visibility. I know that Just Flight and SimMarket push out product notifications to purchasers ... maybe you could ask them to push out a notice to all owners of WAMA previous versions that a prototype for MSFS is available and maybe also point them to this Avsim forum for feedback?

All the best!

Ads Kluczinsky

2 hours ago, Wakner said:

Hey Lorby

Was an avid WAMA user for FSX and P3D ... I had absolutely no idea that you had created a prototype for MSFS.  Only found it about an hour ago as I was thinking how much I wanted WAMA in MSFS ... had not heard a dickybird about your work on it.

I'm convinced that the lack of interest you mention in previous posts must have something to do with total lack of visibility. I know that Just Flight and SimMarket push out product notifications to purchasers ... maybe you could ask them to push out a notice to all owners of WAMA previous versions that a prototype for MSFS is available and maybe also point them to this Avsim forum for feedback?

All the best!

To be honest, I don't really care about exposure right this moment. First I want to get WAMA working right again. It does work with the aforementioned "scenery API" over SimConnect, but that API is very (very) slow. So new WAMA will come with a pre-compiled database, to give you the choice to update the gates of a single airport (=the ones you have addons for) or recompile the entire database. The latter took half an hour on my devel system, and that is a very fast computer, completely NVMe'd. 

So technically I have a working version, but the new logic sets it apart from the other editions for the legacy sims. It has to be repackaged and it needs a separate manual too. Unfortunately AxisAndOhs as the headline Lorby app takes up a lot of time - all the time. But I will get back to WAMA soon. Promise.

(in case you wonder why I am assuming that there is little interest - less than 10 people have been asking about an updated version of WAMA for MSFS in the last 2 years. That is only a fraction of a fraction of all those simmers who bought a license = not even the people who were using it are really missing the app...)

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

On 2/8/2023 at 12:34 PM, Lorby_SI said:

(in case you wonder why I am assuming that there is little interest - less than 10 people have been asking about an updated version of WAMA for MSFS in the last 2 years. 

Possibly a chicken or egg issue?  It's hard to ask a question on a version you don't know exists. There are a gazillion new flightsimmers who never even heard of WAMA. I suspect there could be quite a few who'd be interested in something like Instant Scenery for MSFS for being what it is ie. a flight simulator with lots of nice looking sceneries and eye candy.

Instant Scenery 3 From Flight1 Software - Product Announcements & Press Releases - The AVSIM Community

Win 11 Pro, MSFS Deluxe, Quest 2.

6 hours ago, spinoza said:

Possibly a chicken or egg issue? 

Don't think so. If of the 2000 people who own it, 10 ask about an MSFS version, that tells me something - not even previous owners really miss it.

But be that as it may. I have a bad feeling about promoting an app that I am not 100% happy with myseldf. WAMA needs the scenery data for some features. I can't get that information from the BGLs like in the legacy sims. So I have to use the scenery API - and that one is very (very) slow. On my top-of-the-line devel, i9, all-SSDd computer I am waiting 30 minutes for a full scan to complete. And then there are the issues with the reloading of saved flights in MSFS. My current WAMA protoytpe works, but I'm not sure that it is an enjoyable experience for everybody. Once I get around updating the manual, I will release it, but it will stay in prototype status.

As far as scenery goes - it is my understanding the the MSFS developer mode is quite easy to use. Some of my AAO testers are doing that, adding static stuff to the sim all the time. And aren't SkyPark etc. doing the same thing?

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hello @ll,

OK, so I've updated the manual and ran tests with the scenery API.

If previous owners wish to try the new MSFS prototype, just send an email with your proof of purchase to "support at wildfiretrainingsolutions.ca"

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Thansk for the updated file. you weren't wrong when you said about how long it takes to update the database 🙂

I did try to add just the aiport I was at EGKK but after clicking on get aiports (I wasn't sure whether I needed to type EGKK into the drop down or not so I tried both ways) I got the "accessing scenery api" notification up and after 30 minutes nothing had changed.

So I decided to hit the "scan scenery library" button and after about 40 minutes the number of gates had stopped at 361799 and the "accessing scenery api" had gone but the "scan scenery library" button still had "Stop scanning" in it.
I left it for another 10 minutes and the number of gates hadn't increased and so I hit the stop button. I was able to select EGKK via the dropdown and had access to all the gates there. I did try sewveral of my other 3rd party airp[oprts and they all seem to be working OK so not sure what went wrong in the scanning if anything. I should say I don't have any market place airports.
The app seemsd a little sluggish to get into the edit databas section but once there it was fine.

hopefully today I can check out some of the other stuff.

Thanks again. 👍

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

31 minutes ago, BrianT said:

The app seemsd a little sluggish to get into the edit databas section

It is browsing through the entire Packages folder in search for SimObjects - that takes a while...

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

32 minutes ago, BrianT said:

I did try to add just the aiport I was at EGKK but after clicking on get aiports (I wasn't sure whether I needed to type EGKK into the drop down or not so I tried both ways) I got the "accessing scenery api" notification up and after 30 minutes nothing had changed.

The way that this is intended to work is that right after installing the new version the default gates are already there for each airport. So you only have to reload the gates with the button next to the box, not (all) the airports, let alone do a full scenery scan. I looks like the initial gate count may be wrong though (=showing 0 for a full database)

LORBY-SI

I did try reserving a deaprture and destination gate (the bit I use most) and this seemed to work perfectly.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

On 3/5/2023 at 3:58 PM, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

OK, so I've updated the manual and ran tests with the scenery API.

If previous owners wish to try the new MSFS prototype, just send an email with your proof of purchase to "support at wildfiretrainingsolutions.ca"

Excellent, going to pin off another email to you. 

Just an FYI

I opened up WAMA today after a few days away and the "number of Gates in DB" is showing as zero and I can't see any gates in the "gates" dropdown.

there was only the 1 "WAMA_Database.sqlite" file in the folder so I couldn't roll back to an earlier DB so I don;t think it's creating a backup either on shutdown.

I did try just running get gates but nothing happeend and the dropdown is empty.

Currently running the full scan again. 

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

19 hours ago, BrianT said:

Just an FYI

I opened up WAMA today after a few days away and the "number of Gates in DB" is showing as zero and I can't see any gates in the "gates" dropdown.

there was only the 1 "WAMA_Database.sqlite" file in the folder so I couldn't roll back to an earlier DB so I don;t think it's creating a backup either on shutdown.

I did try just running get gates but nothing happeend and the dropdown is empty.

Currently running the full scan again. 

When you're having issues with a test version, please use the support address again (so I can check and maybe send you a new version). Make sure to include the build number (in the WAMA Window header).

LORBY-SI

To all WAMA users: the latest MSFS prototype has been uploaded to the shops. The DEMO version (on the lorby-si.com website) has been updated too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

LORBY-SI

Excellent, had the email informing me of the update. Many thanks for continuing with the development.