Sign in to follow this  
Guest wyoming

What expectations should we have for FSX's future ?

Interesting take Steve.Here is one thing I can promise you, emphatically, without controversy, hesitation or regret.IF the flightsim franchise moves to xBox360, I'll be unequivocally done with it.A console is not for me and never will be. If it comes to pass that the MSFS franchise goes all Xbox, alternatives will surface.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Steve -Hal has stated (below) that Microsoft is not developing FS for the XBOX.Hal has replied twice to refute your claims.What are your sources indicating that the ACES team is "wrong" in their statements?JerryGP.S. It gets VERY tiring when you continue to post opinions which are being stated as fact and must be corrected (multiple times) by the ACES team.

I simply said I know different. I stand by that statement. I won't try and prove it either. People need to think for themselves. Believe what you want. I take no offence.Only after HAl replied with a "NO WERE"E NOT" did I say "I assure you know one with any real clout from microsoft will go on the record and tell us it won't happen". No disrespect but that doesn't include anyone from ACES.I think the folks at ACES did make some errors in judgement, however I also think they did some really good work on FSX if we put it in the proper perspective. I'm guessing it will reach it's full potential maybe in a couple of years. Just in time for use in my homebuilt cockpit.

Guest JeanLuc_

Hal, you are not yet working on the X360 version of FS? what a shame LOLI for one would LOVE having my 60FPS like I have in all my gorgeous 360 games with optimized shaders, and sure enough, I'd be pleased partnering with Microsoft to help promote addons to millions of potential customers on XBox Live marketplace subscriber.Let alone running it on a 42" to 60" flat screen HD in all its glory, connected to a living room 7.1 systen and not a cheap couple of computer "so claimed beeing like" surround (quality of sounds apart... and at the quality price of computer speakers, you get much better living room quality speakers).And for the price of a 360 today (too bad XNA came that late in the development cycle of FSX but so early for FSXI...) you get raw power 3 times more than most of current PC hardware and probably still twice as much top of the line hardware (speculation of my part, no real numbers here, just a wild guess from the usual "marketing hype")Hal, do us all a favor! plan on making a X360 only version, with SOUND support to network the software running on the X360 to a PC. No one will ever complain of the performance: one sise only and the best there is (don't argue with PS3 hardware here... :-) ), you still are connected to a PC for great "PC only" addons, and open marketplace to addons and well suited flight sim hardware. With that in hand, I may never come back gaming on a PC anymore :-)just my developper opinion...