Sign in to follow this  
1down2upquarks

Adjusting knobs during flight.

Actually imho to make the cockpit functions useable, they should detach the mouse from the head/plane-movement, to stop the mouse wandering off the function.

But also possible would be to have a button mapped to HOLD_FUNCTION or TOUCH_FUNCTION which you can map to one of your mouse buttons, which keeps the cursor in the exact location to the function you are trying to configure, just like how you oftenly push buttons in real life, you lay your finger on the button before pushing it in, with potentiometers you also hold them before turning them.

On 11/8/2020 at 11:32 PM, sidfadc said:

Seen this before but for me at least, when I try to assign mouse right button + [whatever] the sim just doesn't take it, maybe thats just me I dunno after a few attempts I gave up

Mine takes it but then the free move/flow to look around with RMB pressed does not work anymore. Any yes, I did ensure there are no double assignments. 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

On 11/8/2020 at 11:32 PM, sidfadc said:

Seen this before but for me at least, when I try to assign mouse right button + [whatever] the sim just doesn't take it, maybe thats just me I dunno after a few attempts I gave up

See above, same here unfortunately. And yes, I did make sure that no axis it caught when moving the mouse wheel up or down

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

On 9/21/2020 at 4:31 AM, Chock said:

Yup. Buy one of these for a fiver (USB keypad) and a packet of white sticky labels for a quid, then make your own autopilot like I did:

SVJrVPS.jpg

Chock that's brilliant! I'm going to do that. Such an easy thing to do.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

On 11/8/2020 at 10:14 PM, DellyPilot said:

There is another way to solve this.

What I did is change
COCKPIT ZOOM           MOUSE RIGHT BUTTON + MOUSE WHEEL UP
COCKPIT UNZOOM      MOUSE RIGHT BUTTON + MOUSE WHEEL DOWN.

This means you wont accidentally zoom when trying to change dials.

Works well, if you have more mouse buttons (4 and 5) you can try those instead of MOUSE RIGHT BUTTON.

Makes a big difference. Would have liked to be able to do CTRL + MOUSE WHEEL UP but for some reason Asobo do not allow this.

Thanks This was a great help

If you zoom in enough the head shake stops and you can use the knobs without worrying.

On 9/21/2020 at 5:54 AM, Marco Manieri said:

By the way I'm used to switch to the instrument views (on the C172 G1000 is CTR+1) to manage knobs. It might me just subjective perception but in those view the movement is much less than in the standard cockpit view.

+1  
And fortunately with use of my Honeycomb Bravo I have a dedicated AP that I can control physically.  In the past I have used a Saitek Multipanel for the same purpose.  That reminds me.  I need to box up the Multipanel and sell it on eBay along with a pair of Saitek USB quadrants.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 9/21/2020 at 12:31 PM, Chock said:

Yup. Buy one of these for a fiver (USB keypad) and a packet of white sticky labels for a quid, then make your own autopilot like I did:

Now thats cool! Do the edges of the buttons light up when pressed to show they are active? Like on a backlit keyboard.