Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

haskell

Weird top-down view after update

Anyone else have this issue? After the update I am unable to fly. When I select a plane and a location all I get is this weird top-down view. I can try all my preset view keys and nothing works. Rebooted, cleared the community folder.. nothing. Unusable. QOYQbP1.jpg

Eddie
KABQ

15 minutes ago, haskell said:

Anyone else have this issue? After the update I am unable to fly. When I select a plane and a location all I get is this weird top-down view. I can try all my preset view keys and nothing works. Rebooted, cleared the community folder.. nothing. Unusable. QOYQbP1.jpg

Are you using trackir, or a version (facetracknoir) of head tracking?

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

No. Not at all. And this doesn't change after clicking ready to fly. 

8YXRA0d.jpg

Eddie
KABQ

This occurs on every aircraft ?

One thing to try is backup your community folder and then delete everything in there just in case its a conflict between the ne patch and an older mod.

It won't crash the sim to click on the overhead HUD as long as you stay away from the map icon. Because that looks like a drone view instead of cockpit view. There is a keypress toggle for droneview (keyboard 0 a.k.a. keyboard Insert). Keyboard End toggles outside view. Drone topdown view is Control Spacebar).

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I had this, too. Selected the C152 and my home base EDBJ and was set upon the apron without the Virtual Cockpit. I could start the plane though (I have a hardware panel for the required controls). When it started to move I got a crash (not CTD but crash into an object).

I went back to the World Map and build another flight with the C172. When arriving at the airport I got a similar view to yours, albeit AFTER pressing ready to fly. Next time I tried I got an even more distorted start.EDBJ_C152.thumb.jpg.de55c19504bfa31d9ed2873a87ff7cdc.jpg

In my case, restarting the simulator brought things back to normal. No mods in the Commiunity folder, but some commercial scenery add-ons.

Anyway, there seems to be something broken. I filed a report with Zendesk which I would suggest to you, too.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Same issue here, without any tweaks or addons, everything is vanilla. Completely unusable after the latest patch, even after restarting the sim.

Definitely an issue with FacetrackNoIR. Even if not using it, just having it installed can cause this issue.  Fully uninstall FacetrackNoIR from PC and problem goes away.

1 hour ago, AlexJBerry said:

Definitely an issue with FacetrackNoIR. Even if not using it, just having it installed can cause this issue.  Fully uninstall FacetrackNoIR from PC and problem goes away.

That's strange. I never used FacetrackNoIR for years but I just found it was still installed on my system (I tried it with P3D time ago). I removed it now and will see if the issue will ever return.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I have the issue also. Will uninstall FaceTrackNoIR to see if that will fix it. 

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

And, magically, it is working fine now. 

Weird. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Eddie
KABQ

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.