Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Zanot

ATC still broken?

During IFR the ATC always calls the descents way too late.
i.e. on approach they call 3000ft but i'm @ 10000ft, 3nm from the runway  O_o

I read somewhere else i am not the only one.

How do you manage this?

It happened to me yesterday on a flight into LOWI. Luckily i had flown this approach before so when there was no instruction to descend i started the descent . upto that point everything was good. So i really hope they can get to the bottom of this issue as it does detract from the game.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

As with FSX and P3D, ATC is a dog's breakfast.

The only way I can cope with MSFS ATC is to set it to manual when doing all the ground-related stuff (push-back etc.) then switching ATC comms to AI-controlled when in flight. That way, I can dial in a new altitude within a split-second of the instruction and therefore not interrupt the descent (or climb).

Even so, the [final] clearance to land is woefully late - and I'm usually well established on the approach by then.

A much bigger annoyance, however, is the occasional loop where you get passed back and forth between center and tower (or is it center<>approach ?). Also on approach, I often get instructed to go down to 9,000 from (say) 15,000ft only to be told almost immediately to climb back up to 11,000ft. It's bonkers!

Adam.

Edited by Adamski_NZ

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Anyone that still uses the default ATC is a broken simmer. Vatsim or Pilotedge. 

No Pro I fly by charts no ATC or Vatsim. Navi and I do this for fun. No real job

Edited by jbdbow1970

1 minute ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Anyone that still uses the default ATC is a broken simmer. Vatsim or Pilotedge. 

As a matter of interest, hope it's not a silly question, but can you operate Vatsim for GA or is it purely for airlines?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

2 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

As a matter of interest, hope it's not a silly question, but can you operate Vatsim for GA or is it purely for airlines?

If you are on Vatsim and connected to Vpilot you will have to awnser to ATC GA VFR or IFR. if you are in that range. trust me.

not silly, but off topic.
jbdbow1970 no need to be rude.
This is clearly a videogame, NOT a simulator to my eyes. So i am not a BROKEN SIMMER as you say. I'm just a gamer.
Asobo meant it to be played as a videogame, using its resources, and its ATC.
Which does not work.
This is the topic.
No vatsim, no charts, nothing else.. Thread is about default ATC.

• Upvote 1

I have the ATC voice turned off - I just use it for final approach QNH and Wind. I use my flight plan for altitude and have constraints turned on on the LOC screen.

CJ

Totally agree. ATC is definitely one of the things that needs fixing ASAP.

With messed up clearances on a flight last night, I did not even have the option to cancel IFR. Terrible. Ended up ignoring ATC and doing my own thing.

And the extremely late inbound/approach clearances really also need addressing.

C'mon MS/Asobo. You can do this!

Albert

i7-9700KF; RTX 2070 Super; Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S, 32gb G Skill 3600;
2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

1 minute ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Well if you rely on default chats you should just shut the sim down and try something else. like sewing or something

There's a new troll in town 😄

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Well if you rely on default charts you should just shut the sim down and try something else. like sewing or something

Again, to my eyes, and in my personal opinion this is NOT a simulator. (Maybe you do not know, but this will be released for Xbox as well...)
So i am not going to use it as a simulator.
I have hundreds of hours of flight in P3D, from v2 to v5. Which is not a videogame. (i bet you also flown some of my planes addons. i am a P3D developer)
So, no need to suggest me to try something else.
I am trying to play this videogame, and i find out that there is something wrong with ATC (and many, many other things).
If you use external applications and charts, good for you. 
But they do not give you the charts when you buy the game. And a user who bought the game is not supposed to be a pro real pilot as well.
Maybe you got the point now?

Edited by Alberto Zanot
  • Upvote 1

anyways, troller apart, im glad im not the only one having issues with ATC

Edited by Alberto Zanot

Bad news, FS ATC has a lot of serious flaws, tragic news, Asobo doesn’t have the faintest clue on how a real ATC work therefore it will never be properly fixed, good news, Pilot to ATC seems to be the good alternative.

• Upvote 1