Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Garmin freezing up after patch 1.9.5

Anyone seeing a problem with the Garmin gauges freezing up?  When flying the Longitude I noticed on approach to KFLL the Garmin PFD totally freeze up until I was on short final then is sorted itself out.  I thought it could have been caused by me going into the menu after FS2020 randomly shut off downloaded scenery in which I had to turn it back on.  Today on a flight from KFFC to CYVR I had a similar experience.  The Garmin PFD partially froze up leaving the artificial horizon working but the speed and altitude tapes were frozen.  No other gauges in the cockpit is doing this just the PFD display.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

20 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Anyone seeing a problem with the Garmin gauges freezing up? 

I have had some similar problems with the G1000 mod freezing in the Bonanza G36 Turbo on approach, but assumed it was an issue with my system.

Al

You two need to indicate whether you are using the default G1000 or a G1000 mod.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

11 minutes ago, fppilot said:

You two need to indicate whether you are using the default G1000 or a G1000 mod.

Default.  Thought the Longitude had a G3000.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Weirdly had this happened to me once, on an approach in Italy. But the twist here is that i was on the Mooney, wich is steam panel. But same thing, everything pretty much frozen in place but still able to steer, accelerate, decelerate, just no moving needles or lcd's. And at about 5 nm from the runway everything started waking up again.. 

I encountered an issue today with a 3 1/2 hour flight in the G58.  Using the WT G1000 v3 mod.  Not sure the mod had anything to do with it.  I found the need to edit the flight plan enroute.   Did so two or three times as I evaluated my route, winds, and segments.    After making the necessary FP changes, I did note that as I added waypoints, the G1000 was very slow to acknowledge and insert them.  I checked the destination weather and loaded an approach.  At that point the MFD would not let me back out.  I was stuck in PROC.  Able to toggle between the two PROC pages, but unable to return to other MFD functions.  The MFD engine monitoring quit updating, as did the route elements in the MFD top bar. 

Thankfully the flight plan was still available in the PFD and I was able to later activate the approach and complete the flight as planned.

mod?  Or default characteristics?  Who knows at this point.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

57 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Suggest you reread what I wrote. 😉

Al

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ark said:

Suggest you reread what I wrote. 😉

Al

Have you tried the latest version of the mod? It fixed it for me.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

59 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Have you tried the latest version of the mod? It fixed it for me.

Think so, using ver 0.3.1.

Al

I also had the Garmin freeze today. Everything was working perfectly and then about 30 minutes into a 2 hour flight in the G36 Bonanza with Robert Young’s G36 mod (V2) and Working Title G1000 mod. I called up the flight plan page on the right hand unit and it got stuck there. I was just looking at it, not editing the route but I could not get it off the screen. The whole unit basically froze, frozen map, frozen engine instruments. I could still click the PROC page on it which would appear over the stuck flight plan page but I could not select anything. The left Garmin remained working for a while after that but also froze up. I tried cycling avionics and even master switches, with no joy. Frustrated, I exited the flight after about a further 30 minutes of fiddling. By then AP had also stopped working.

Only thing I am not 100% sure of is whether I was using the G1000 mod V0.3.0. or V0.3.1. I went and installed V0.3.1. and did a short 30 minute flight in the same G36 (RY mod) and all was ok.

The other potential cause is that I changed my settings Use Generic AI and Multiplayer aircraft to OFF and I was flying with live traffic. Prior to this latest patch, these settings were well known to cause this (Asobo known bug) but they claimed to have specifically fixed it in the most recent patch.  So, one of three things:

1. I was not using latest G1000 v 0.3.1 mod (it is hard to keep track of these things)

2. There is a new bug in the G1000

3. Asobo’s claim that the bug that caused freezing and shutting down of avionics is not entirely fixed.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

So this seems like a bug in the overall sim.

FS2020 

I have kinda this problem now, games crashes/freezes.
Never had that before this patch.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

same here. I have the "torque and lights" and the "garmin visual overhaul" mods installed. Both displays froze when loading and activating an approach.