Sign in to follow this  
alberto2000

FS Map Tool - A new mobile map app utility for MS FS 2020

On 10/19/2020 at 11:38 PM, alberto2000 said:

Announcing FS Map Tool, a new mobile map utility for MS FS2020

Head over to www.fsmaptool.com for more info.

I've made this in my spare time as a fun side project.

Happy flying!

Wow, deeply impressed what people are able to do and achieve these day. Thank you so much and I will definitely give it a try!

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

On 10/19/2020 at 10:00 PM, knich said:

Yes..it is at the link above.

The app works great.  I just can't figure out how to change map terrain views on iPad.    I also can't figure out how to center plane on map with press of button.  You have to hand move map, which is pretty seamless though.  

The map looks great and is very accurate with simulator.  Love that I can see what is below me, including street names and POIs

I emailed the author with the same issues and he responded that a new version of the app would solve these on the iPad. It should be available in a couple of days.   

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 11:38 PM, alberto2000 said:

Announcing FS Map Tool, a new mobile map utility for MS FS2020 which has just been released on the Apple App Store and will be available soon on Google Play, too. It's a simple yet effective external map utility that shows your current plane location on an interactive map, alongside other parameters such as speed, altitude and heading.

Head over to www.fsmaptool.com for more info.

I've made this in my spare time as a fun side project. Let me know if you have any issues or suggestions and ideas on how to improve the app. I'm open for feedback and happy to include new features wherever possible.

Happy flying!

Well done on getting the feature in ObsidianArt vid 🙂

• Like 1

Looking forward to the Google Play version to give my now underused tablet a new purpose in life.👍

• Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

10 hours ago, CowCookie said:

The price is a steal. Thanks for doing this!

Indeed it is.  I have had so much fun with this app.  No need to go back to desktop to see detailed moving map that I can with a pinch zoom in to street level or out to world level.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

The new version of the app for the iPad is out and it looks like it addresses the earlier issues. 

excellent. just got it, too. no big deal for that price. much better than the internal msfs map function

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Hey guys, I wasn't aware of the replies in here since notifications didn't reach me (maybe went into spam) - I'm glad the app is well received! It's really nice to hear that it can make people's flight-simulator-life a bit easier 🙂

I've gotten some feedback on an issue where certain localized keyboards (french, finnish, maybe others) will display a comma instead of a dot, which makes it impossible to enter a valid IP address. I'm rolling out a fix for this (v1.0.9) which should be available in some days. Until then you can work around the bug by copying the IP address in another app (say, Notes) and pasting it back into the apps field for the IP address.

Let me know of any other feedback, ideas or issues you might have. I'm happy to see whether I can add new features and help out wherever I can.

Happy flying!
Riccardo

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, alberto2000 said:

Hey guys, I wasn't aware of the replies in here since notifications didn't reach me (maybe went into spam) - I'm glad the app is well received! It's really nice to hear that it can make people's flight-simulator-life a bit easier 🙂

I've gotten some feedback on an issue where certain localized keyboards (french, finnish, maybe others) will display a comma instead of a dot, which makes it impossible to enter a valid IP address. I'm rolling out a fix for this (v1.0.9) which should be available in some days. Until then you can work around the bug by copying the IP address in another app (say, Notes) and pasting it back into the apps field for the IP address.

Let me know of any other feedback, ideas or issues you might have. I'm happy to see whether I can add new features and help out wherever I can.

Happy flying!
Riccardo

Nice to hear that @alberto2000, could you tell us when the android version will be available?

On 10/20/2020 at 2:11 AM, LarryD said:

Thank You so much.

From looking at the pictures you posted, suggestions.

1) Heading.  Three characters always.  So in your example Heading would read "012",  Check your number after you have your three digit heading.  If heading = "000" then show heading as "360".  Both are the same in essence, but it's always referred to as  "360".

2) Speed.  No decimals.  Round to the nearest whole digit.

3) Altitude.  No decimals.  Round to the nearest whole digit.

Thank your for this great feedback! I have put this into the feature list for 1.0.9 which should be released in a few days.

2 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Nice to hear that @alberto2000, could you tell us when the android version will be available?

Google has announced they are strongly lagging behind with their App review process so it could take up to 1-2 weeks after submission. See here https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/03/16/google-play-store-app-reviews-will-take-7-days-or-longer/#:~:text=Google is warning developers that,to trigger a manual review.

I've submitted the App a week ago so it should be available very soon. Sorry I cannot give a more precise answer...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Speaking from the devil ... Google has just now accepted the App and it's now available on the Google Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riccardolardi.fsmaptool

Let me know how it goes. I've only been able to test it on a Android Simulator, not a real Android device, since I don't have access to any. But it should be fine.

• Like 3

@alberto2000 I just downloaded the app on my android phone and i am stuck on splash screen.

The app and the sim are already running on my PC as I am already in the middle of a flight.

2 minutes ago, Noooch said:

@alberto2000 I just downloaded the app on my android phone and i am stuck on splash screen.

The app and the sim are already running on my PC as I am already in the middle of a flight.

Thanks for reporting. Will look into it right now.