Sign in to follow this  
AmeliaCat

Dear TBM : I want to Luv you but , Its difficult .

it just tried to kill me again,, flying straight with slight decent,, i centered hdg bug , pressed AP and then HDG and it increased down trim to 74 percent !!!!

I didnt even get a chance to select alt or even press alt it just went nuts.. maybe its trying to level out the planes inclination to climb but doesnt recognize that i am in a decent,

18 minutes ago, AmeliaCat said:

it just tried to kill me again,, flying straight with slight decent,, i centered hdg bug , pressed AP and then HDG and it increased down trim to 74 percent !!!!

I didnt even get a chance to select alt or even press alt it just went nuts.. maybe its trying to level out the planes inclination to climb but doesnt recognize that i am in a decent,

Are you using the traditional fancy-schmancy controllers?

Maybe be like me and try a gamepad... (I play lots of games and hate switching the yoke in and out)

Now that I think of it, I may vaguely remember having an experience or two like yours when using my thrustmaster a while ago.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

22 minutes ago, AmeliaCat said:

Perhaps look for duplications or overlap in your Controls settings.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Just now, fppilot said:

Perhaps look for duplications or overlap in your Controls settings.

when this happens all I am doing is using my mouse to press the AP buttons,,,

8 minutes ago, AmeliaCat said:

when this happens all I am doing is using my mouse to press the AP buttons,,,

If you have other controls hooked up you could still be triggering conflicting behavior.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 minutes ago, fppilot said:

If you have other controls hooked up you could still be triggering conflicting behavior.

i dont think thats the issue  it has only been happening in the tbm,, but ill dbl check the trim bindings

17 minutes ago, AmeliaCat said:

i dont think thats the issue  it has only been happening in the tbm,, but ill dbl check the trim bindings

NOPE.. only default keyboard trim adjustments which i just deleted and teh trim thats bound to my joystick,,worth a try i guess but nope

18 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

TBM flies just fine. It has bugs, for sure, but none of that behavior you describe. I'd start troubleshooting my setup. 

All the autopilots demonstrate the same problem reported by the original poster. Fortunately it doesn't happen on every flight. Some people never experience it at all. The A320 does it. The C172 does it. The prevailing theory is that the bug has something to do with "interference" from AI aircraft. One recommendation is to tinker with the MSFS AI aircraft settings in order to lessen the occurrence of the autopilot death spiral. Others suggest increasing the dead zone setting on the yoke.

In any case, this bug has been reported numerous times both here and other online flightsim sites.

• Like 1

Anyone still using active pause? Thats a good way to end up eating dirt, too.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

7 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Anyone still using active pause? Thats a good way to end up eating dirt, too.

only for screenshots

Okay, since joining this thread have completed three successful tbm flights, no anomalies detected... This just all seems... random. 😕

nR5U3n.jpg

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

Devons rig

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

Okay, since joining this thread have completed three successful tbm flights, no anomalies detected... This just all seems... random. 😕

nR5U3n.jpg

well weird.... you use visual markers to find teh airports? haha noob ...😜

• Like 1

So ive been flying the TBM all night i was flying down the coast of cali near san diego doing max speed about 1000 agl getting about 25-30 fps.. when all of a sudden my game froze ann then unfroze and a citation whizzed by then it froze again with citation still in sight  and then unfroze when it was out of sight. ridiculous that that causes my game to freeze.. turnning off all multi player aspects of the game off from now on,,