Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo

Who is getting one?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Does anyone know if the reverse thrust will actually work or be available for assignment in the sims??

Seems it would need a wire or additional sensor to be triggered or actually programable.

On order - delivery probably mid December. Looks quite sturdy.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Across the gambit of all the products I have purchased over my lifetime, the products with the highest quality, fit, and finish, have been products where the manufacturer presented those products in well thought out and high quality packaging.  While many products today are less often viewed first in retail stores, that attribute of the manufacturer to present its products with such high quality packaging to me is perhaps even more of a statement about the pride that goes into the products themselves.  I was impressed when I received my Alpha yoke just after Christmas last year.  I am very pleased to see that the statement is still there.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

What really sucks is that a lot of people ordered these just to resell on eBay for double and triple the retail price. Otherwise I would be getting one. I have the Alpha and it's brilliant. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Does anyone know if Honeycomb have plans to do a stick?

Currently:

Alpha Yoke

Bravo Throttle

Charlie pedals

but they've teased that other parts of the Greek Alphabet will be covered. No more than that though, as far as I know.

13 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

What really sucks is that a lot of people ordered these just to resell on eBay for double and triple the retail price. Otherwise I would be getting one. I have the Alpha and it's brilliant. 

I would have had one by now too, if it weren't for that and Amazon's incompetence. There loss will likely be Fulcrum's gain. I still plan on getting the Bravo however.

Edited by 109Sqn
typo
  • Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I ordered July 26...still hoping..I love the HC yoke a lot.

The Honeycomb video of the JFK landing used thrust reverses. And they just disclosed a HC joystick coming down the pike, as well as the Charlie rudder pedals.

Re: packaging, there are several unboxing videos of the Bravo and the packaging looks really good to the extent that matters— the levers for commercial and GA are separately boxed, which is a good idea since there’s about a dozen of them.

4 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

I would have had one by now too, if it weren't for that and Amazon's incompetence. There loss will likely be Fulcrum's gain. I still plan on getting the Bravo however.

For whatever reason the Alpha didn’t seem as hard to get ahold of. I just ordered it and it arrived. And that was well after the release date, I didn’t preorder it or anything. Just decided I wanted it and viola.

The scalping of the Bravos on eBay really grates me. I wrote them about it. Never heard anything. If I ran a company I’d crack down on that stuff hard. It really makes them look bad. 

3 minutes ago, James Callan said:

And they just disclosed a HC joystick coming down the pike

Missed that. Where did they say that?

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

7 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

The scalping of the Bravos on eBay really grates me. I wrote them about it. Never heard anything. If I ran a company I’d crack down on that stuff hard. It really makes them look bad. 

Agreed. I have no issue of they sell it for a modest profit and/or list it as biddable and then if the buyers bid it up - that's ok. I wish Ebay would put a cap on the scalping.

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

14 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

For whatever reason the Alpha didn’t seem as hard to get ahold of. I just ordered it and it arrived. And that was well after the release date, I didn’t preorder it or anything. Just decided I wanted it and viola.

Lucky you. I was ordering after MSFS was released, so demand was obviously through the roof. As I've documented elsewhere (angrily!), Amazon UK essentially blame Aerosoft (European distributor) and Honeycomb says it's not their problem as Aerosoft order direct from the factory in Hong Kong. I'd dispute that as it's still their product and it's their reputation being sullied. If there was as good a TQ available for the money elsewhere, I'd probably get that instead too. As it is, I'm going to have to love with my double standards!😐

All I would say, partially in Honeycomb's defence regarding the scalpers is that they claim to have cancelled multiple orders. Harder to prevent (legally I suspect), people selling on a single purchase. No doubt some scalpers ordered to multiple addresses to circumvent that. Perhaps ebay should shoulder some blame too. I don't think anyone should be able to resell something they don't have in their possession for starters. Tickets for an event could be an exception, provided it's at face value plus postage at cost. But for physical objects, only the official manufacture, retailers or distributor should be able to sell pre-orders anywhere as far as I am concerned.

Edited by 109Sqn
omitted word added.
  • Like 1

Just now, James Callan said:

Check honeycomb’ website and Facebook presence. Also search for HC flight stick.

Did that before I posted. Can't find any mention unless it's buried deep in the facebook page.😕

41 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Missed that. Where did they say that?

https://www.key.aero/article/honeycomb-announces-xbox-support

As for reversers, the levers are 'smart', in the sense that they are designed with a single switch incorporated. In the GA kit this allows a TOGA switch on one of the throttle levers, in the commercial levers it allows reversers, albeit limited to On or OFF.

Edited by MarkDH

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro