Sign in to follow this  
jymp

Fix for bad AA ?

4 hours ago, Jeeper said:

And the award for Yesterday's Most Unhelpful Post goes to...devgrp!

How so? I clearly stated that Nvidia ge will optimize the game without you knowing and your settings will be ignored. Happened to me before. Seems like you guys just love to complain about something after every patch. So far I've heard, water clouds, lod lol 

Are you saying that Nvidia GE is changing MSFS settings without them being reflected in the settings page? Meaning I will not know if my settings are being changed in the back end? I can't imagine this being the case but please share this feedback forward

I assure you that the issue with AA is happening with all settings set to Ultra. Settings within the simulator are at the highest possible setting. When the game was first released the same settings did not show the AA issues we are describing. 

Your feedback on this concern being complain on all MSFS is completely irrelevant. I personally love everything about the simulator and truly appreciate everything done. But this is an issue that is prevalent and cannot be ignored. It doesn't deter me from using it but hopefully can be fixed.

Again, running a 1080TI on 4k and lowering render scale to 60-70 improves it significantly.

Running 2560x1440 with render scale in the 100-120 does not fix it - shimmering, etc is very prevalent. This wasn't an issue when the sim was first released.

Edited by nosaj_armstrong
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, nosaj_armstrong said:

Are you saying that Nvidia GE is changing MSFS settings without them being reflected in the settings page? Meaning I will not know if my settings are being changed in the back end? I can't imagine this being the case but please share this feedback forward

I assure you that the issue with AA is happening with all settings set to Ultra. Settings within the simulator are at the highest possible setting. When the game was first released the same settings did not show the AA issues we are describing. 

Your feedback on this concern being complain on all MSFS is completely irrelevant. I personally love everything about the simulator and truly appreciate everything done. But this is an issue that is prevalent and cannot be ignored. It doesn't deter me from using it but hopefully can be fixed.

Again, running a 1080TI on 4k and lowering render scale to 60-70 improves it significantly.

Running 2560x1440 with render scale in the 100-120 does not fix it - shimmering, etc is very prevalent. This wasn't an issue when the sim was first released.

Yes that's what I'm saying. Make sure ge doesn't say optimize. And it seems like every driver or ge update changes it and your in game settings are ignored 

Those of you reporting those issues, have you tried playing with the sharpening filter set to off? For me, there was no discernible change in TAA between launch and the post-release patches, but 1.9.3.0 massively boosted the intensity of the filter, which brings out the shimmering and aliasing a lot more, and creates halo ringing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, devgrp said:

How so? I clearly stated that Nvidia ge will optimize the game without you knowing and your settings will be ignored. Happened to me before. Seems like you guys just love to complain about something after every patch. So far I've heard, water clouds, lod lol 

I tried your suggestion and moved my settings back to what I had them at launch prior to testing out my 4K settings as previously indicated

- Unchecked game optimization in Geforce Experience

-Moved back to 2560x1440

- Set render scale to 100

Issue resumed. Issue improved when moved back to 4K and render scale to 70, though still present.

Here are some pictures: https://imgur.com/a/DsfBpPc

Edited by nosaj_armstrong
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Those of you reporting those issues, have you tried playing with the sharpening filter set to off?

Definitely a good suggestion. And Geforce Experience can override application settings at the driver level, so a good idea to disable any optimizations there while troubleshooting.

1 hour ago, nosaj_armstrong said:

I tried your suggestion and moved my settings back to what I had them at launch prior to testing out my 4K settings as previously indicated

- Unchecked game optimization in Geforce Experience

-Moved back to 2560x1440

- Set render scale to 100

Issue resumed. Issue improved when moved back to 4K and render scale to 70, though still present.

Here are some pictures: https://imgur.com/a/DsfBpPc

Your images are on FlyTampa EKCH. Even with a 3090 in 4k the twinkling of the lighting poles, overhead lines, fences, etc... is still present. FSX and P3D have the same problem nothing new.
To compare with other games, only DLSS2 could be totally reduced the flicker. Not sure !!!

Edited by guibru

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

1 hour ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Those of you reporting those issues, have you tried playing with the sharpening filter set to off? For me, there was no discernible change in TAA between launch and the post-release patches, but 1.9.3.0 massively boosted the intensity of the filter, which brings out the shimmering and aliasing a lot more, and creates halo ringing.

I did that and it solved a lot of problems, especially the haloing. But AA is still leaving jaggies everywhere. TAA, 4K, render scaling 100.

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

1 minute ago, lambourne said:

I did that and it solved a lot of problems, especially the haloing. But AA is still leaving jaggies everywhere. TAA, 4K, render scaling 100.

If you are see jaggies everywhere with a 4k monitor with taa and render scaling set to 100 then either your sim is a broken or Nvidia ge is changing settings at the driver level. I don't even use ss and my as has no jaggies 

14 minutes ago, guibru said:

Your images are on FlyTampa EKCH. Even with a 3090 in 4k the twinkling of the lighting poles, overhead lines, fences, etc... is still present. FSX and P3D have the same problem nothing new.
To compare with other games, only DLSS2 could be totally reduced the flicker. Not sure !!!

This happens in all sceneries, payware nor not. Off course, default sceneries have significantly less details which results in this showing/happening less or being les impactful. 

Like I said in my previous post, there were no shimmering or AA issues during testing so something changed with the retail. I actually went back and looked at my screenshots and clips from the alpha and not only was there no shimmering but texture quality look better.

Btw, I also get z fighting textures.

Edited by B787Pilot3222
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, devgrp said:

If you are see jaggies everywhere with a 4k monitor with taa and render scaling set to 100 then either your sim is a broken or Nvidia ge is changing settings at the driver level. I don't even use ss and my as has no jaggies 

More than jaggies I would describe it as flickering textures on very details things, like light poles, roofs with detailed patterns, etc. This only happens in the distance, and if you are close they are rendered perfectly crisp. 

3 minutes ago, nosaj_armstrong said:

This happens in all sceneries, payware nor not. Off course, default sceneries have significantly less details which results in this showing/happening less or being les impactful. 

You’re right all sets without exception are this problem, we can do nothing for the moment.

• Like 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

1 minute ago, B787Pilot3222 said:

Like I said in my previous post, there were no shimmering or AA issues during testing so something changed with the retail. I actually went back and looked at my screenshots and clips from the alpha and not only wasn't there any shimmering but texture quality look better.

Some people just won't believe it whatever you say. I experemented with the Nvidia filters, but not much joy.The Nvidia experience is now completely uninstalled and I am on the same 18th August geforce driver. So that is not the problem. The rendering HAS changed.

I have battled for hours to make it better, but the simple answer is Asobo just need to put it back how it was.

I am just ignoring those with unhelpful posts from now on. They come across as arrogant and offensive. They assume stupidity. I actually installed the Nvidia experience to get around this issue, not to start it for heavens sake!

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

24 minutes ago, nosaj_armstrong said:

More than jaggies I would describe it as flickering textures on very details things, like light poles, roofs with detailed patterns, etc. This only happens in the distance, and if you are close they are rendered perfectly crisp. 

Super sampling will get rid of the shimmer but at a heavy performance cost