Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Burge

pilot2atc & Multi Crew Experience MSFS2020

Recommended Posts

I'm thinking about getting pilot2atc will mce work ok with this if I turn off co pilot in pilot2atc

my FO should work fine i think.

Help Please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello to you Burge, from the Blind Pilot.

I too would be interested to see how Pilot 2 ATC will work with MCE and FS 2020.

Also, for assisting with staying on the glide slop and for taxiing around the airport,you might want to check out the program called Runway Awareness and avoidance System or RAAS for short.

It can be found on the Just Flight web page and the fs2 crew web page as well.

Please keep me in the loop on the Pilot 2 atc and ARRS program to be accessible.

Many thanks.

The Blind Pilot who's still grounded since FS 2020 isn't accessible still for we who need to see via our ears since our eyes don't work..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Burge said:

I'm thinking about getting pilot2atc will mce work ok with this if I turn off co pilot in pilot2atc

my FO should work fine i think.

Help Please

A good question!

If you can turn off P2ATC co pilot, then won't it just not work on its own?

At the moment the MSFS ATC is poor.

I have seen Pilot2ATC in videos, but not one with MCE and Pilot2ATC. So I have no idea. Pilot2ATC runs independent of MCE...I think?

We could explore PF3? With the new FSUIPC7 and the new Makerwys program, PF3 may work. In the past PF3 and MCE were able to work together. Look on Pete Dowsons forum. They have makerwys working on MSFS.

Id take a look a PF3?

So further research is required.

To get rid of the ridiculous MSFS "parrot" who repeats everything. Spells everything phonetically...MIKE ALPHA,NOVEMBER,CHARLIE,HOTEL,ECHO,SIERRA,TANGO,ECHO,ROMEO...........save us from that nonesense!

Cheers.


David Herky

You Tube at:-

http://www.youtube.com/user/Herky231

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, charlie130 said:

So I have no idea. Pilot2ATC runs independent of MCE...I think?
 

They can definitely run alongside each other.

There is no interaction between the programs though.

Only thing you need to know is that MCE listens to the <END> keyboard key, which when held down causes MCE to assume you're talking on Vatsim or other online system and will suspend all speech reco until you release that key. This means, your PTT for Pilot2Atc would need to be the <END> key so that our FO doesn't try to process Pilot2ATC related speech.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FS++ said:

They can definitely run alongside each other.

There is no interaction between the programs though.

Only thing you need to know is that MCE listens to the <END> keyboard key, which when held down causes MCE to assume you're talking on Vatsim or other online system and will suspend all speech reco until you release that key. This means, your PTT for Pilot2Atc would need to be the <END> key so that our FO doesn't try to process Pilot2ATC related speech.

Interaction between MCE and the ATC program would be nice! I tried PF3 a couple of years ago. But since I've always used RC4, didn't care to swap.

I assume our MCE FO can speak to ATC using PF3? That's a good feature. Otherwise, with Pilot2ATC we need to use PTT for contact, from our own voice.

As my brain ages, I like the idea of my co pilot running the radios! Since I can still fly better than him, I'll fly the aircraft and he/she can do the talking!

I gather with PF3 we can enter accurate SID and STAR and choose if we require vectors or let our FMC / MCDU fly the patterns?

Food for thought indeed!

Thanks.


David Herky

You Tube at:-

http://www.youtube.com/user/Herky231

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blind Pilot said:

Hello to you Burge, from the Blind Pilot.

I too would be interested to see how Pilot 2 ATC will work with MCE and FS 2020.

Also, for assisting with staying on the glide slop and for taxiing around the airport,you might want to check out the program called Runway Awareness and avoidance System or RAAS for short.

It can be found on the Just Flight web page and the fs2 crew web page as well.

Please keep me in the loop on the Pilot 2 atc and ARRS program to be accessible.

Many thanks.

The Blind Pilot who's still grounded since FS 2020 isn't accessible still for we who need to see via our ears since our eyes don't work..

I will keep you in loop mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Blind Pilot said:

The Blind Pilot who's still grounded since FS 2020 isn't accessible still for we who need to see via our ears since our eyes don't work..

Don't understand why you're still grounded.

MCE now fully compatible with MSFS 2020 and there are even BVI pilots that made the jump to the new sim. Just need the latest MCE version available from our website

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, charlie130 said:

Interaction between MCE and the ATC program would be nice! I tried PF3 a couple of years ago. But since I've always used RC4, didn't care to swap.

I assume our MCE FO can speak to ATC using PF3? That's a good feature. Otherwise, with Pilot2ATC we need to use PTT for contact, from our own voice.

As my brain ages, I like the idea of my co pilot running the radios! Since I can still fly better than him, I'll fly the aircraft and he/she can do the talking!

I gather with PF3 we can enter accurate SID and STAR and choose if we require vectors or let our FMC / MCDU fly the patterns?

Food for thought indeed!

Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will Hold off for now buying PILOT2ACT but ha the two running together would be awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what i got from Dave PILOT2ATC

You can disable P2A copilot. 

I believe some users of Multi-Crew Experience leave it enabled since it only handles the radio calls.  If you use the same voice for both co-pilots, it might give you an interesting experience.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Burge said:

I will Hold off for now buying PILOT2ACT but ha the two running together would be awesome

Well, Pilot 2 atc has a temo of the full program.

I think but don't quote me here, but the demo is either 2 or it might be 4 weeks.

But you have a peirod to stress test all of the features of the program. 

I think if you take a look see at the you tube videos, you might enjoy the program.

I'd love to get some feedback from those using RAAS.

Because FS 2 crew, doesn't offer a demo nor a refund.

At least, that's what I was told when I had e-mailed them when RAAS was  finely released.

To answer your question about me being grounded.

I'll probably try to reinstall everything this coming Sunday, before the steelers football game with the continue of their winning streak. SMILES.

I have never tried to install fs 2020 with MCE.

Why am I grounded?

Well, when I launched FS 2020, I only got music out of my speakers.

Unlike the older sim FSX, I couldn't even get to the free flight, or to select a aircraft or to file a flight plan or get to the settings.

This is why I stated that this BVI Pilot is still grounded.

My question to you, since it seams that you've been able to get the sim up an loaded for you.

Is there a Dassault Falcon 7 X or the successor to the DF7X the DF8X availible in the fs 2020 fleet?

Or, would the older DF7X aircraft from the free down load library from Fly away simulation work with FS2020?

Please feel free to contact me off list.

We BVI Flight simmer Pilots need to stick together. 

I can be reached at:

kolesar16417@roadrunner.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blind Pilot said:

kolesar16417@roadrunner.com

No Mate Go Greenbay Ha Ha

The aIrcraft r not in 2020 Dassault Falcon 7 X  DF7X the DF8X

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Burge said:

No Mate Go Greenbay Ha Ha

The aIrcraft r not in 2020 Dassault Falcon 7 X  DF7X the DF8X

A huge shame that both or at least the DF8X isn't in the list.

I wonder if the DF7X at least from Fly Away Sim will work with FS2020?

We rich playboy pilots need something to fly for their private G A flights. SMILES.

I've flown several different aircraft in FSX, and for private aircraft, you can't beat the DF7X and hopefully the DF8X.

When writing back and forth to Jorg from the FS 2020 team, I've  requested the DF8X and some assistance on tweaking my Pittsburgh Steelers paint job.

Steelers are now 6 and 0, and will hopefully be 7 and 0 this coming Sunday the 1st, when we play agains the old original browns, now the Baltimore Ravins.

So, Go Steelers!! SMILES.

Ron who's dreaming of a DF8X underneath his Christmas tree this year.

Or if we could make it blind friendly, how about the space shuttle or STS.

Ron who knows if he were sighted would have a a career in the air and hopes that he also would have made the right stuff for the port or starboard seat in the sts orbiter and hope to have a tour of duty onboard ISS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Burge said:

This is what i got from Dave PILOT2ATC

You can disable P2A copilot. 

I believe some users of Multi-Crew Experience leave it enabled since it only handles the radio calls.  If you use the same voice for both co-pilots, it might give you an interesting experience.

Many thanks for this info.

From what I saw in the you tube videos, this could be a huge assistant to us.

Also, another good program that could assist us as BVI Pilots, would be the Runway Awareness and avoidance System or RAAS.

Its suppose to offer to us via our ears what is normally painted on the ground for the sighted real world FAA certified Pilot.

So enjoy. 

Ron 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have read that PF3 provides a verbal taxi way guidance, from parking to take off runway. Then landing runway back to parking. 

May be helpful? If you dislike big cartoon Chevron's planted on the taxiways!

Also I read that Dave (PF3) is working on a release that has extra features. The makerwys program from Peter Dowson is completed, so development is moving apace.

Personally, I am going to go with PF3. I want to use SID and STAR plates and input the waypoints and altitude restrictions into an ATC program. That way, if I've made an error, I can correct it. Also knowing your plates is what it's all about! Oh, and having fun and satisfaction of flying a perfect SID/STAR.

If I can get rid of the utterly stupid Asobo ATC phonetically spelling Manchester and "Oh en ee" instead of "one", then I'm happy!

Regards.


David Herky

You Tube at:-

http://www.youtube.com/user/Herky231

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    34%
    $8,650.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...