Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo V3 RELEASED

Added a couple of my favorite liveries:

7IY4Tiz.png

kmxtc87.png

B30nmH1.png

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

That one livery just fits at Big Bear.  Just fits.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

No issues so far. The procedure to make the both the Turbo mod and the default Bonanza available in the selection window still works which is  also a bonus. 

Gets better with every version even when you think it cannot improve any more - amazing work, well done.

Could you kindly point to the selection procedure.

Thanks

T45

Even v1 of the FLIPPER works:

eAei5V7.png

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Where do I find the walkthrough/checklist by Nyxx ?

Glen

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

@cavaricooper is he ok?

Aye mate, Ta! Back to normal schedule Tuesday. In the meanwhile tell us more about V3... can’t wait to fly it.

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

@cavaricooper is he ok?

He is...away from his PC for a bit.  Him and I have a lot of flying to do together when he returns. 🙂

And I just took the "old" version of @robert young's machine from Cody, WY to Bozeman, MT as shown here (a few of you have seen the pics....but I just added a few more, hehe)

Guess I have to grab the update and fly her from Bozeman to.......hehe...I'm sure I can figure out a nice place. 🙂 

Hurry back @cavaricooper, I may have built up more hours in the Bonanza than you by the time you hop into the her again....hehe...we can't have that!

GznRLr.jpg

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

13 hours ago, fppilot said:

It is in my man cave

Fantastic looking automobile! Hehe....when I saw this phrase....my crazy mind (which seems to be able to relate a movie clip to just about any situation), instantly went here:

LOL... I PROMISE after you watch this....that song will be firmly planted in your head for the rest of the day! 🤣

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Treetops45 said:

Could you kindly point to the selection procedure.

Thanks

T45

Cut and paste of basic procedure I used (originally from kaosfere)

1. temporarily remove the turbo mod if already installed

2.  Go to the packages directory containing both your 'Community' and 'Official' folders.  Copy (not move) the folder  Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-bonanza-g36 from there, in its entirety, into your `Community` folder. (if you get a security error just zip the folder into a zip file and then unzip into "community" )

3.rename the copy in your community folder to "Bonanza-Turbo-V3" instead 

4. rename the subfolder community\Bonanza-Turbo-V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36
     to instead be             community\Bonanza-Turbo-V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36_Turbo

5.  copy (or unzip) your downloaded turbo mod Bonanza-Turbo-V3  folder and all its contents into the community folder. Some of the mod files will want to overwrite some of the stock files you already put there. Allow them to overwrite.

6. Regenerate the layout.json file in the community\Bonanza-Turbo-V3 directory.  If you do not wish to do this manually you will need to download the MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe. (https://github.com/HughesMDflyer4/MSFSLayoutGenerator) and place it somewhere on your PC . Then simply drag the layout.json file onto  MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe and it will automatically rebuild the file for you.

4 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Cut and paste of basic procedure I used (originally from kaosfere)

1. temporarily remove the turbo mod if already installed

2.  Go to the packages directory containing both your 'Community' and 'Official' folders.  Copy (not move) the folder  Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-bonanza-g36 from there, in its entirety, into your `Community` folder. (if you get a security error just zip the folder into a zip file and then unzip into "community" )

3.rename the copy in your community folder to "Bonanza-Turbo-V3" instead 

4. rename the subfolder community\Bonanza-Turbo-V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36
     to instead be             community\Bonanza-Turbo-V3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36_Turbo

5.  copy (or unzip) your downloaded turbo mod Bonanza-Turbo-V3  folder and all its contents into the community folder. Some of the mod files will want to overwrite some of the stock files you already put there. Allow them to overwrite.

6. Regenerate the layout.json file in the community\Bonanza-Turbo-V3 directory.  If you do not wish to do this manually you will need to download the MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe. (https://github.com/HughesMDflyer4/MSFSLayoutGenerator) and place it somewhere on your PC . Then simply drag the layout.json file onto  MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe and it will automatically rebuild the file for you.

Thank you

T45

55 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Fantastic looking automobile! Hehe....when I saw this phrase....my crazy mind (which seems to be able to relate a movie clip to just about any situation), instantly went here:

LOL... I PROMISE after you watch this....that song will be firmly planted in your head for the rest of the day! 🤣

Minor trivia - the company that made the replica Ferrari's for the film (there were no real 1961 Ferrari's in the film) went bankrupt after being sued by Ferrari for IP/Copyright violations .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I get right through the steps ok, but stuck on #6.

I am trying to use MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe.

I have it on the screen & have tried dragging layout.json on to it, with MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe open [black screen with DOS like white wording], & closed, [on to the Icon itself].

Nothing seems to happen.

The opened MSFSLayoutGenerator has a message "no Layout.json paths specified' & then , 'Press any key to exit.'

If I go to type in a pathway to layout.json, the screen closes.

I have checked MSFS & only the G36 Turbo is showing up in the Aircraft Selections.

So it appears to not be picking up the original G36 out of OneStore.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

T45

PS- If manually editing the layout.json file is a matter of replacing some words throughout the file, I can do that. [I am assuming for the changes its the layout.json for the G36 Turbo V3 in the Community folder that is to be tweaked]

Edited by Treetops45