Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo V3 RELEASED

Hello everyone,

V3 has been released and is fully compatible with Microsoft/Asobo's October update and patch (1.10.7.0). Apologies that I might have got the update number wrong in the upload at Nexus and Github. You can be assured that V3 will be fully functioning with the latest Asobo update.

This release has two main purposes. First it addresses the phenomenon of some users not being able to either see or load their chosen livery variations. There is no explanation as to why some have no problems but others do. In order to guarantee everyone will see and have access to all the liveries, the file structure has had to be changed. This should fix any issues regarding livery access.

Secondly, the late October update brought a mixed bag of improvements and retrograde results. The most obvious apart from the livery issue was the return of autopilot instability. V2 had a rock solid autopilot but after the FS2020 update for some reason a distinct "Dutch Roll" and other autopilot  instabilities appeared. This has now been fixed in V3. There is always a very slight movement in yaw in all aircraft that seems to be baked-in but V3 has eliminated it as far as possible. The dutch roll has been virtually eliminated too.

There were other issues the official update caused, one of which was that the V2 spin routine resulted in an irrecoverable spin. This has now been fixed. Below you will find a long summary of the features and necessary fixes in V3. I am hoping that there will now be a reasonably long period of stable FS2020 versions as far as mods are concerned, to save everyone the hassle of having to constantly download new versions of mods.

D8_XW3H219D-Z49EITE2PjseF6sZ2ceXdh5IQ1t_

aK0QF1YKAHzJ56T1CYNf9xYnkguGLhh2R24xr5iE

Here is a summary of the fixes and new features which I hope will enhance your experience with the Turbo Bonanza:

* The Asobo update caused a slow dutch roll under autopilot. Fixed.
* The Asobo update caused instability in yaw in some circumstances. Fixed.
* The Asobo update made some spins irrecoverable. Fixed.
* Aileron and elevator controls are now much more refined and less extreme.
* Approach / landings now very finely controllable with reduced elevator authority near the stall.
* Aileron authority reduced and compression effects at speeds approaching VNE.
* Side slip now even more controllable and almost perfectly balanced.
* Annoying repeated “Don’t Sink” warning after take-off removed
* Pitot heat off blinking warning removed
* Autopilot VS and Flight Level Change modes much more stable at all speeds
* Bronze livery No.9 now replaces red-tan livery from V2
* Ground handling improved and less twitchy within limitations of MSFS
* Fuel flow gauge calibration altered for easier reading of increments
* Description and specs updated when using MSFS addon manager
* Alternative engines.cfg for those with dedicated hardware starter switches
* General improvement in flight model, handling and ground ops

Note: The increased all up weight to 4000 lbs is FAA approved and is a consequence of both the added weight of the turbo installtion and the fact that the turbo increases performance. However the climb rates in the tables further down this document are for a payload that is the standard Max of 3650 lbs. If you add extra load to the max 4000 lbs then expect approximately 100 feet per minute lower climb rate.

Fixed issues reported and discovered
1. Depending on fuel load, Bonanza would be unstable on some surfaces: fixed.
2. Mixture control settings would cause occasional instability in flight model: fixed
3. High altitude airports caused ground instabiity : fixed
4. Flap detente lights not working: fixed
5. Beacon and strobe lighting would “leak” into cockpit creating a distraction : fixed
6. C of G moved in order to provide better ground stability with any payload

* Compatible with Working-Title's G1000 mod

How to install this mod :
==================================
Please read the included PDF or RTF for
full instructions & detailed, illustrated guide.
==================================

To install, extract the “Bonanza-Turbo-V3” folder of the zip file into your FS2020 packages\community folder. The paths  of the community folder slightly differ according to where you purchased the simulator (Microsoft direct or Steam). For guidance on the location of your community folder please go here:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?21235-Finding-The-MSFS-2020-Community-Folder

=================================================
If after trying it you prefer the original FS2020 version, 
then simply remove this mod from your community folder.
=================================================

Acknowledgements:

The fantastic team at Working Title - their mods are top notch and their team members are approachable, helpful and very generous with their time.

marsman2020 who is a regular contributor here and with cavaricooper temporarily away did a brilliant and very thorough job testing this mod.

Cavaricooper - a good friend and generous soul who has offered so much encouragement, support and advice since the inception of this mod.

Nyxx - who kindly donated a walkthrough/checklist for the Turbo

Here are the links to V3:

https://www.nexusmods.com/microsoftflightsimulator/mods/489

https://github.com/roblenvic/Bonanza-Turbo

(please do not repeat this page or images when replying to the thread. It helps the flow of the thread).

Many thanks for all your support and kind appreciation of my work!

Edited by robert young
  • Like 48
  • Upvote 5

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Thank you very much.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Outstanding! Thank you!

🤙🍺🍺

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Thanks a lot 

second best news today 

• Like 7

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

48 minutes ago, robert young said:

V3 has been released and is fully compatible with Microsoft/Asobo's October update and patch (1.10.7.0).

Thank you very much!

Al

Wow, thank you very much 😃👌

I´ve flown all your aircrafts from realair in the past and those were really outstanding.

Sensational! Thank you so much...

Greg G

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Incredible list of improvements!  Wowed beyond all expectations.  Thank you.  Will likely make another spiff.

This is as big as an Asobo update.....

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks so much, Rob.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Fantastic, thanks... 

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

thanks a lot.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Thank you for all your work and dedication! 🙏🏽