Sign in to follow this  
Bottle

AMD and memory configuration

If you're considering building a Ryzen 5000 system (like me) then this is a very important video to watch;

Trying to follow tech-J_e_s_u_s (Steve) talking, is painful. The guy is uber knowledgeable but the combination of marbles in his mouth, the droning tone and the sheer volume of the stuff he throws at you makes it hard to absorb it all. If you can slog through the vid with him it is packed full of information. I will probably have to watch it a couple more times before I fully understand what is going on.  😆

Edited by speedyTC

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Anyone knows where he's from? At first i thought Australian, but he pronounces some words like Americans, he's definitely super knowledgeable!

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

I may be missing something but to me he’s comparing apples to oranges.

Suppose 4x8 Gb sticks are faster than 2x8...This means very little as we go for size first.

The real question is whether 4x8 are faster than 2x16. And this question remains unanswered.

Besides, he goes on to claim this is a property of “zen architecture “. I see nothing in his testing methodology to support such claims. Bet he didn’t bother checking other cpu , board or what have ya.

short - don’t take anything you see on the internet as gospel. Even if the dude creates a “knowledgeable “ impression.

Edited by ha5mvo