Sign in to follow this  
leprechaunlive

No scenery streaming or phtogrametry post patch

Bonsoir 🙂

So, after the latest patch, and even tho all the options are ticked in the settings, i have the basic scenery and cities from MSFS, as if i was not connected to the internet.

Is it just a server poop from MS, or do i have a problem?

I did all the things you'r supposed too, community folder, reboot, etc. 

Any ideas? Because right now, its basically FSX with new planes 🙂

See if you can log into xbox.com and your login works ok.

For the 1st time ever....I was getting an error that it couldnt log into my xbox account when the update was trying to load.

A reboot fixed it but see if you can log into the webpage anyway...may be related.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Did you double check data options and make sure it it didn't turn itself off?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

???  Would you please explain?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 minutes ago, fppilot said:

???  Would you please explain?

If the sim loses connection to the servers or if your connection is too weak it will sometimes turn scenery streaming off.

BH2O5Gl.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Da, i did indeed

3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

If the sim loses connection to the servers or if your connection is too weak it will sometimes turn scenery streaming off.

BH2O5Gl.png

Yes, thanks, i did check all that 🙂 as mentionned in my first post. But thanks for taking the time 😉 to help

10 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

For the 1st time ever....I was getting an error that it couldnt log into my xbox account when the update was trying to load.

A reboot fixed it but see if you can log into the webpage anyway...may be related.

Gonna have a look into that. Thanks!

47 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

OK. I recognize those.  It appeared to be from your comment that there was a setting "Data Options" that could be set off and on.  If you had said "themselves" instead of "itself".....  OK?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

12 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

So turns out Xbox account was indeed the culprit. Thats a weird one tho. I had to create a dummy xbox account, log into that, start MSFS, redownload some kind of "certification", then switch back to the old account. In the process i got to see my old friend the "touch any key screen", so thats a plus 😄

14 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

So turns out Xbox account was indeed the culprit. Thats a weird one tho. I had to create a dummy xbox account, log into that, start MSFS, redownload some kind of "certification", then switch back to the old account. In the process i got to see my old friend the "touch any key screen", so thats a plus 😄

Glad I could point you in the right direction.  I've managed to sim for over 20 years without needed (or wanting) an Xbox account, I'm glad MS encouraged me to get one to play in their house. 🙄  I've had a Steam account for a while...but only got one way back when my son wanted me to play an online game with him.  

I tried the MS version this time because I figured (figured right or wrong, up to common opinion), the MS version "had" to be better....its an MS "game" after all right? 🤣.

Sometimes you try to grasp at logic, no matter what your instincts tell you. 😉😉 

See ya in the virtual skies!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Glad I could point you in the right direction.  I've managed to sim for over 20 years without needed (or wanting) an Xbox account, I'm glad MS encouraged me to get one to play in their house. 🙄  I've had a Steam account for a while...but only got one way back when my son wanted me to play an online game with him.  

I tried the MS version this time because I figured (figured right or wrong, up to common opinion), the MS version "had" to be better....its an MS "game" after all right? 🤣.

Sometimes you try to grasp at logic, no matter what your instincts tell you. 😉😉 

See ya in the virtual skies!

So far, Logic is a term i've never used this year, nothing makes a lot of sense in 2020 😄And i got the MS version exactly for the same reason as you, i also have a steam account for many years, but deliberately chose to ignore it this time.

4 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

So far, Logic is a term i've never used this year, nothing makes a lot of sense in 2020 😄And i got the MS version exactly for the same reason as you, i also have a steam account for many years, but deliberately chose to ignore it this time.

Couldn't agree more....your logic about nothing much of 2020 being logical is......logical. 🙂 (Why do I suddenly feel like I'm at a Spock convention? Logically, I know he was only a TV character) 🤣

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg