Sign in to follow this  
leprechaunlive

Working on my first ever freeware

7 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

I'll tell you my background. NONE lol. Started 3D modeling on the first lockdown, wich in France was in March. Then totaly stopped from June to November. And now we are on lockdown again so started again. 

That makes all of these great WIP shots that much more impressive!

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

11 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

I'll tell you my background. NONE lol.

Bravo! Wow! I’m impressed - can’t wait to give it a go - and contribute monetarily - for your efforts.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

Bravo! Wow! I’m impressed - can’t wait to give it a go - and contribute monetarily - for your efforts.

Its gonna be freeware so keep your money 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Okay, so 1st one is free, the rest can also be free, but surely somehow you can be wrestled to accept "donations" after the 1st freeware? Nothing wrong with that. 

• Like 2

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Yes, I vote to make it donationware, and to keep him locked-down! 😁

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

40 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

keep your money 🙂

Very kind of you monsieur! 😃

I second the donationware motion...

... all the ayes?

...all the nays?

Edited by Cmcollazo71

11 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Good one, I agree! Here is your first FREE cup of coffee 🙂 It's freeware coffee and I made it 🙂

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

14 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

1 minute ago, in2tech said:

Good one, I agree! Here is your first FREE cup of coffee 🙂 It's freeware coffee and I made it 🙂

2 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

Very kind of you monsieur! 😃

I second the donationware motion...

... all the ayes?

...all the nays?

NEGATIVE, i've got a plan, but the plan revolves around this getting out as a FREEWARE. If this isnt freeware, then there's no plan. And like i said, i have a plan 😄

• Like 5

Just now, leprechaunlive said:

this getting out as a FREEWARE

Fair enough, maybe a return to the good old days of quality freeware, perhaps. 🤔

All it takes is a look in the Avsim Library for examples of yore... I think a guy named Randazzo had some panels for Boeing airliners back then!

3 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

Fair enough, maybe a return to the good old days of quality freeware, perhaps. 🤔

All it takes is a look in the Avsim Library for examples of yore... I think a guy named Randazzo had some panels for Boeing airliners back then!

Race is on to have the first freeware aircraft that isnt some kind of port over of a existing freeware already on legacy sim. 

Also, now we have amazing tools that permits freeware aircrafts to be visually on par with payware stuff (some of them anyways). 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

Also, now we have amazing tools that permits freeware aircrafts to be visually on par with payware stuff (some of them anyways). 

If it’s not giving up too much is this planned as a wheeled or seaplane version?

Edited by Cmcollazo71

2 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

If it’s not giving up too much is this a planned as a wheeled or seaplane version?

This will most likely be a floats only version (potentially an amphib one). The others versions will come later

• Like 2

2 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

I'll tell you my background. NONE lol. Started 3D modeling on the first lockdown, wich in France was in March. Then totaly stopped from June to November. And now we are on lockdown again so started again. 

Wow. Truly impressive to be at the stage you are at! You definitely have some serious natural talent for modelling! 

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

1 hour ago, leprechaunlive said:

This will most likely be a floats only version (potentially an amphib one). The others versions will come later

Great choice, we could certainly use more floatplanes.  Amphibian would be the icing on the cake.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

If you are capable of doing good 3D work (not just LOOKS good but also has minimal polygons etc etc) to a deadline in a reasonable time, a successful freeware model or two in your portfolio can actually lead to paid commissions or occasionally even to full time work.