captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

1 minute ago, roland_lfor said:

You need a minimum of 4 to 6% to see GAIS. My understanding is that you have 100% of GAIS with around 8% set.

Henrik recommends to set10% as a maximum to avoid generic ship traffic from MSFS.

Thanks! Ive got it set on 6. I'll up it to 8.

How to get the real time traffic with GAIST v3?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

38 minutes ago, captain420 said:

How to get the real time traffic with GAIST v3?

you do not get live traffic since it is not released yet. GAIST v3 provides all SimObjects later used by the live version 😉

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Hey Seaman's...Can somebody please post a screenshot of Rotterdam and how it should look with Shiptraffic...thank's 

This is a wonderful addon (which I donated to 😀) so I downloaded V3 yesterday and installed correctly (I think):- V2 removed, Folder added to community and 2 scenery folders added also covering my area (UK) and med.

I get no traffic whatsoever I have uninstalled/installed a few times and nothing. Am I missing an insim setting? or could it be a bad download (Flightsim.to)?

I have also gone back to vanilla MSFS boat traffic and that works but when I add V3 I get nothing. I have no other addons running even though I normally FSLTL and PF3 & FSUIPC7

Any pointers pleae

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PilotSimondo said:

This is a wonderful addon (which I donated to 😀) so I downloaded V3 yesterday and installed correctly (I think):- V2 removed, Folder added to community and 2 scenery folders added also covering my area (UK) and med.

I get no traffic whatsoever I have uninstalled/installed a few times and nothing. Am I missing an insim setting? or could it be a bad download (Flightsim.to)?

I have also gone back to vanilla MSFS boat traffic and that works but when I add V3 I get nothing. I have no other addons running even though I normally FSLTL and PF3 & FSUIPC7

Any pointers pleae

Cheers

All is placebo. But for me, if I set Ships and Ferries above 6 I seem to get no GAIS traffic.

1 hour ago, PilotSimondo said:

Any pointers pleae

Cheers

Does the folder that you placed in your community folder contain "manifest.json" and "layout.json" files? If not, then you did not install the addon correctly.

...jim

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Cheers for the replies

@JimBrown No it doesn't and having checked my downloaded zip they're not in there either!! thanks for the heads up on this, no wonder it wouldn't work I'll try another download

For some reason this is no longer working for me either.  The previous version worked great!

I have one folder in my community folder labeled "GAIST ULTRA VERSION 3" and inside it is various folders showing various routes in them.  In each route folder I have "manifest.json" and "layout.json" files but I don't have them in my main "GAIST ULTRA VERSON 3" folder.  Should they be inside this main folder as well?

Only thing I can think of that I have not yet tried is cutting and pasting each individual route folder and placing it directly into my community folder.  I don't think this is what you are supposed to do though!

For the record I had a heck of a time downloading it from flightsim.to.  It took hours and hours and then finely failed.  I tried it again and this time I got it in just a few minutes.  Seems odd so I am not surprised if my download is somehow corrupt.  Looks complete though!

1 hour ago, longhaul747 said:

I have one folder in my community folder labeled "GAIST ULTRA VERSION 3" and inside it is various folders showing various routes in them.

Every folder in the community folder needs to have the two json files.
You folder structure has sub folders so MSFS will not see the add-ons.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PilotSimondo said:

Cheers for the replies

@JimBrown No it doesn't and having checked my downloaded zip they're not in there either!! thanks for the heads up on this, no wonder it wouldn't work I'll try another download

1 hour ago, longhaul747 said:

For some reason this is no longer working for me either.  The previous version worked great!

I have one folder in my community folder labeled "GAIST ULTRA VERSION 3" and inside it is various folders showing various routes in them.  In each route folder I have "manifest.json" and "layout.json" files but I don't have them in my main "GAIST ULTRA VERSON 3" folder.  Should they be inside this main folder as well?

Only thing I can think of that I have not yet tried is cutting and pasting each individual route folder and placing it directly into my community folder.  I don't think this is what you are supposed to do though!

For the record I had a heck of a time downloading it from flightsim.to.  It took hours and hours and then finely failed.  I tried it again and this time I got it in just a few minutes.  Seems odd so I am not surprised if my download is somehow corrupt.  Looks complete though!

The V3 version contains separate folders for various regions. You need to move the region folders you wish to use into your Community folder. In addition, the folder "gaist-ultra-v3" must also be moved into your Community folder.

Moving the folder "GAIST ULTRA VERSION 3" to your Community folder will NOT work. You need to move the folders within that folder, as described above.

...jim

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Anyone know if any of the new ships have hard decks for helo ops?

LouP

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LouP said:

Anyone know if any of the new ships have hard decks for helo ops?

LouP

Not yet, but I believe that they will have hard decks in a future version.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

11 hours ago, JimBrown said:

The V3 version contains separate folders for various regions. You need to move the region folders you wish to use into your Community folder. In addition, the folder "gaist-ultra-v3" must also be moved into your Community folder.

Moving the folder "GAIST ULTRA VERSION 3" to your Community folder will NOT work. You need to move the folders within that folder, as described above.

...jim

Thank You this worked....

For some reason the instructions were not totally clear on this or in reality they are clear and I just failed to understand them completely as I do occasionally have that guy problem  😏🙃

• Like 1

7 hours ago, longhaul747 said:

Thank You this worked....

For some reason the instructions were not totally clear on this or in reality they are clear and I just failed to understand them completely as I do occasionally have that guy problem  😏🙃

Glad you got it sorted.

I think the instructions assume that you know how the Community folder actually works. 😉

...jim

• Like 1