captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

I'm really looking forward to real time shipping ai, but I'm wondering what impact this will have on fps and smoothness over a normally really busy harbor. Will it be possible to keep real time shipping ai but adjust the number of ships being shown at any one time, or will it be like MSFS real time aircraft ai, where there is no adjustment?

Sorry if this question has been answered before, I haven't gone through all 85 pages of posts.

Thanks again for all the hard work. I've really enjoyed this add on through all the sims, FSX, P3D, and now MSFS. 

-Bob

42 minutes ago, james_d said:

0g57oNp.jpg

Anyone know what the issue is with this ship off of TNCM? Thanks

This is not related to gaist

Believe it or not, at the moment you need to have the Maverick add-on installed for proper wakes

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mamu82 said:

This is not related to gaist

Believe it or not, at the moment you need to have the Maverick add-on installed for proper wakes

That's the first I've heard of that mamu82 but as I know that you know what you ae talking about I will install it since I have now upgraded to a 2 TB NVME and have a little more space for such luxuries.

BTW what are you up to at the moment?  Are you developing anything interesting or doing any updates for your most excellent previous stuff?

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I hope we are now entering the final phase on gettting the Real Time version out, but we are still working on the technical side.

Meanwhile i continue to add models - at the moment I am working on a number of the US Coast Guard classes, but also some fishing vessels with good help from Jan de Jong.

Ol1uPb-Screenshot-2023-01-24-210630.jpg

Ol1uPb-Screenshot-2023-01-24-210836.jpg

• Like 13

As a former US Navy guy, really looking forward to this release!

• Like 1

Eric 

41 minutes ago, B777ER said:

As a former US Navy guy, really looking forward to this release!

As the Coast Guard releases their AIS positions I am adding their most numerous classes; the real navy units still have to be introduced using bgl routes, but that part wiill get a major update also.

8TLvPb-US-COast-Guard-MSFS-Maritime-Prot

Maritime Protector Class

9TLvPb-US-COast-Guard-MSFS-Reliance-Clas

Reliance Class WIP

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Indy511 said:

Will RTMM shipping in any way conflict with GAIST?

No, they are made to work together. In fact Jan who did the RTMM shipping is also helping with GAIST and I have borrowed models to RTMM both as AI and static  - the only issue you might encounter would be the number of bgl files, but if you chose just to run RTMM and GAIST North America I don't think it should cause any problem.

• Like 1

A few additional coast guard ships... With these three we now have the following US Coast Guard Classes ready: Reliance Class, Island Class, Marine Protector Class, 47feet Motor Life Boat, Sentinel Class and Bay Class. I am still hoping to find or get drawings of the Famous Class and the National Security Cutter. If someone has them please do not hesitate to send me a message 😄

VZ32Pb-Screenshot-2023-02-16-022153.jpg

ba42Pb-Screenshot-2023-02-16-021819.jpg

7Y32Pb-Screenshot-2023-02-16-022554.jpg

UZ32Pb-Screenshot-2023-02-16-021603.jpg

8Y32Pb-Screenshot-2023-02-16-021510.jpg

• Like 11

I have today asked for a removal of Global AI Ship Traffic from flightsim.to.

The Premium program and the terms and conditions for creators are not compatible with a freeware package as Global AI Ship Traffic.

We will see whether they will accept to delete because they have removed this basic right from creators who already had packages on the site and this is one of the unacceptable clauses in their terms of service.

You can still find the Global AI Ship Traffic on flyawaysimulation,com and simviation.com. And I strongly suggest you not to download anything from flightsim.to nor to purchase anything until they change their terms of service.

We will find other solutions for the Global AI Ship Traffic - Real Time. Unless I see a different approach from Flightsim.to Global AI Ship Traffic - Real Time will not be possible to download from flightsim.to.

• Like 15
  • Upvote 4

I strongly recommend that nobody buys the Premium subsrciption as we are already several developers who will stop uploading to Flightsim.to.

Flightsim.to this evening declined my request to remove Global AI Ship Traffic from their site

• Like 12
  • Upvote 2

I suggest you all support the rights of the freeware creators by raising the concern about the rights abuse from flightsim.to here

https://flightsim.to/news/our-approach-to-flightsim-to-premium-and-creators-program

and again, not buying their Premium subscription is a great way of telling them that they have crossed the line and that they have started destroying their own reason to be, the work of the content developers.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3