Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

2 hours ago, KL791 said:

No, both I and most of those of the other designers behind GAIST who have had individual uploads to Flightsim.to will not return as things are. While Flightisim.to did give more or less in to our request of being able to delete our files, there are other parts that remain in the ToS that we do not agree to. Further, the way they presented Premium and the Creators Program and the way they reacted to this discussion I personally do not agree to. I know it was a convenient site for users, but you will have to get used to something else if you want GAIST. We lived many years without Flightsim.to and the project will survive without. We will inform across fora and media when we are ready with a new version and we will help making sure that there will be competition between sites, so no individual download site can abuse of their position.

My point has been further explained in various other threads here on avsim and in other sites. So please take this as information and take the discussion in those threads if needed. I will return to finalizing Global AI Ship Traffic Real Time.

So, even though they changed their ToS to suite the outcry, still not good enough for you. Got it. And the customers of your work in the end are those that will suffer the long term consequences. Perfect. 

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

4 minutes ago, B777ER said:

And the customers of your work in the end are those that will suffer the long term consequences. Perfect. 

Suffer? How? Melodrama doesn't suit you.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

8 minutes ago, B777ER said:

So, even though they changed their ToS to suite the outcry, still not good enough for you. Got it. And the customers of your work in the end are those that will suffer the long term consequences. Perfect. 

Personally I dont see what the fuss is all about. Gaist will host on whatever service the developer approves of and we can download from whichever one that is. Many of us are already downloading from a whole host of different sites anyway, Flightsim.to isnt the be all and end all.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, KL791 said:

Testing the beta of the new User Interface for Global AI Ship Traffic Real Time on a trip from Rio de Janeiro to Santos in Brazil while sun goes down... There are some harbor infrastructure missing but the ships were where they should be 😄

vUc6Pb-Global-AI-Ship-Traffic-RT-MSFS-Ri

5Tc6Pb-Global-AI-Ship-Traffic-RT-MSFS-Br

oUc6Pb-Global-AI-Ship-Traffic-RT-MSFS-Sa

yUc6Pb-Global-AI-Ship-Traffic-RT-MSFS-Sa

tUc6Pb-Global-AI-Ship-Traffic-RT-MSFS-Sa

Cool, but when will you launch????????

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CarlosHenriqueDutra said:

Cool, but when will you launch????????

"When ready" I think my friend Kai said some time ago... I am usually too optimistic and believe it is just around the corner, but again we are different parties involved and for none of us this is our bread and butter.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I'm just wondering if the live GAIS is going to clash with scenery that has static ships in a harbour or wherever? What I mean is will this cause a CTD? If so I'll just delete the scenery in favour of GAIS but it will be helpful to know.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

I'm just wondering if the live GAIS is going to clash with scenery that has static ships in a harbour or wherever. If so I'll just delete the scenery in favour of GAIS but it will be helpful to know.

Unfortunately it will; at least some times. We can't control where the real life ships go, so if there is a static element in the way they will clash. It will not impede the sim from functioning and the injected ships will sail straight through static elements following their real life heading. However, in harbors with photogrametric scenery it can look strange... anyway the photogrametric sceneries usually represents harbor cranes with leafs in odd shapes so probably if one can survive that eventual double up of ships might also be survivable 😄

i do intend to create a freeware harbor library for scenery developers which can help beautify harbors without adding ships. And some developers might opt to make ships an optional add-on - it was eg the case in the past for some Flytampa sceneries.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, KL791 said:

"When ready"

sounds about right^^

At the moment we wait for the final part documented by our Data-Provider as soon as we have this Info I can implement it and start the final testrun 🙂

• Like 5

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Does the V3 dowload include the great lakes traffic? I'm having trouble locating that- although it may be integrated into V3 of the ships now. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

3 hours ago, bjratchf said:

Does the V3 dowload include the great lakes traffic? I'm having trouble locating that- although it may be integrated into V3 of the ships now. 

My understanding from last week is that the Great Lakes package is separate and needs to be installed separately. I always had it installed separately so still have it in place.  I have not seen it posted elsewhere yet.  Perhaps message him.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I bet this one has been asked before, so I apologize in advance, but I only installed MSFS a couple of weeks ago, and have only now gotten around to installing GAIST v3.0. I have chosen only to install gaist-euwest-routes, gaist-mediterranean-routes and gaist-northamericacaribbean-routes for now and have put the boat slider under Graphics to 10%, but no matter where I fly, there's no ships showing up. Do I also need to install gaist-ultra-v3, or is that just a package that has all of them in one place? 

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

19 minutes ago, jlund said:

I bet this one has been asked before, so I apologize in advance, but I only installed MSFS a couple of weeks ago, and have only now gotten around to installing GAIST v3.0. I have chosen only to install gaist-euwest-routes, gaist-mediterranean-routes and gaist-northamericacaribbean-routes for now and have put the boat slider under Graphics to 10%, but no matter where I fly, there's no ships showing up. Do I also need to install gaist-ultra-v3, or is that just a package that has all of them in one place? 

Look at the size of those routes folders that you have downloaded.
Then think about how could those folders possibly contain hundreds of AI shipping models... 😉

Yes, you do need to install or link the 'gaist-ultra-v3' folder into your community folder too.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Thanks, I had a feeling that it was the case, so why I didn't try that, I don't know., but better late than never 🙂 

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

With recent and upcoming changes to Xbox and marketplace, is there any chance GAIST or even a static version of it, might appear on the console? 

1 hour ago, Gstove said:

With recent and upcoming changes to Xbox and marketplace, is there any chance GAIST or even a static version of it, might appear on the console? 

since Aerosoft Simple Traffic was already causing issues with resources of the XBOX; I guess we will not see a big package like GAIST.

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png