Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

43 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

since Aerosoft Simple Traffic was already causing issues with resources of the XBOX; I guess we will not see a big package like GAIST.

I would have thought that AI aircraft cause much more resource requirement / impact on performance, usually because there is so much traffic in a small area, all requiring complex computations.
AI shipping is much more widely spread and far fewer in number. The computational requirement should also be less complex (shipping travels to designated waypoints at ground level, compared to aeroplanes' various flight phases and multiple animations).

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't it making the package compliant with MS' coding requirements the factor that would hold it back from a Marketplace / Scenery Gateway listing?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

As some of you have noticed we are delayeeeeed.... Unfortunately the acquisition of our AIS Partner Fleetmon and Marinetraffic by Kpler means that they have a lot of other business issues to focus on right now so our freeware is not the top priority. We hope to have good news though in a not too distant future. What we miss is unfortunately on their side, so we can't do anything about it.

For the moment we just continue to improve on the model and matching side... More ship diversity, improved models, etc... Even our smallest family dog joined the simulator now... She has spent many hours watching me modelling, so it was about time she also got her space in the sim 😄

IZHKPb-Screenshot-2023-04-07-110023.jpg

Below live Easter Regata of the coast of Quiberon, France

cpIKPb-Screenshot-2023-04-07-111741.jpg

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Axis3600 said:

Will I be able to see my Virtual Regatta boat on MSFS?😁

If you can equip it with a fake AIS emitter😄 But now you can just get one of the pilotable boats for MSFS and then you can participate in the real regattas, though I am not sure they will let you win... Below a wider shot from the regatta off Quiberon

23040712074116112918154073.jpg

Incredible congratulations and thank you again for this addon! I can't wait to see the live traffic normally there should be a lot more boats on the seas and oceans ? When is it performance ? I'm going to upgrade the CPU for a 13900K suddenly I hope to be able to put the traffic to the max !

• Like 1

The sailboats will now be animated so they have the sails down when moored in harbors or at anchor.

MGhLPb-Screenshot-2023-04-08-141458.jpg

LGhLPb-Screenshot-2023-04-08-141851.jpg

• Like 17
  • Upvote 1

A lot of testing done in the last days with small boats and creating animations...

FzXLPb-Screenshot-2023-04-09-193006.jpg

Brittany, France

u0XLPb-Screenshot-2023-04-09-225451.jpg

San Diego, California

u0XLPb-Valencia-MSFS-GAIST-RT.jpg

Valencia, Spain

We also tested with Mamudesign and overall it is compatiable as he has focused on smaller boats and we have in GAIST primarily boats above 10m as the smaller usually do not emit any AIS signal - below image is from Cannes on the French riviera with both installed. The bigger yachts are all from GAIST RT - also the one on the pier which is actually in the right place. Probably receiving maintenance or being prepared to be put in the water with the AIS sender connected.

t0XLPb-Cannes-MSFS-GAIST-and-Mamu.jpg

• Like 18
  • Upvote 2

On 4/2/2023 at 1:27 PM, Kaiii3 said:

since Aerosoft Simple Traffic was already causing issues with resources of the XBOX; I guess we will not see a big package like GAIST.

Plus, weapons would need to have be removed from any of the Navy ship models to fit the requirements of the Marketplace.

8 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Plus, weapons would need to have be removed from any of the Navy ship models to fit the requirements of the Marketplace.

So planes to sell are going to be removed of Marketplace, cause they can be used as weapons, really wise.

Some time ago I was asked by a fellow simmer to do his ship the Vos Stone. This evening he sent pictures from Great Yarmouth where the ship is currently moored and I turned on GAIST RT and real time weather to check how it would look in the simulator:

vZFMPb-20230412-194540.png

xZFMPb-Screenshot-2023-04-12-210857.jpg

xZFMPb-20230412-193754.jpg

uZFMPb-Screenshot-2023-04-12-203948.jpg

• Like 20
  • Upvote 1

Reality? Meet Virtual!   Kudos to you guys! 👍👍 

• Like 1

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

On 2/26/2023 at 6:38 AM, B777ER said:

And the customers of your work in the end are those that will suffer the long term consequences. Perfect. 

"Customers?" Isn't this freeware?

Geez, the horror of having to click "download" on site B instead of site A.  Life sure is a struggle for us simmers...  😂

• Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

16 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

"Customers?" Isn't this freeware?

Geez, the horror of having to click "download" on site B instead of site A.  Life sure is a struggle for us simmers...  😂

This is from two months ago and the issue has long been settled. But thanks for chiming in after all the dust has settled. Your contribution to the forum is beyond reproach two months later after everyone else has moved on. 🙄

Eric