Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Frank STY

HELP!! Error after updating P3D from v5.0HF2 to v5.1HF1

Recommended Posts

Hi all,
I updated my p3d from v5.0 HF2 to v5.1 HF1. After updating the Client, I run P3D then it automatically and directly loaded a flight without showing anything in my screen but a process bar. I even cannot see the P3D main application page which I can choose aircraft, airport and weather etc. When the loading process bar completed, I only heard the sound but my screen showed nothing. And I have checked the cfg file, the option SHOW SCENARIO WINDOW was 1. So how could I fix it?
 

Tieyuan Sun

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, newtie said:

Rebuild your .cfg file.

I have rebuild the cfg file. Nothing happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, newtie said:

Clear your shaders.

Already did it. The same. Nothing happened.

Share this post


Link to post

I go back to v5.0 Client and everything went well. Why not the v5.1 Client...It's weird.

Edited by Frank STY

Share this post


Link to post

You might want to uninstall the current version,(all three) then download and install all three 5.1 components, followed by HF1.

All stock, no addons.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, newtie said:

You might want to uninstall the current version,(all three) then download and install all three 5.1 components, followed by HF1.

No, the HF1 component installers are all complete installers that do not need any previous version installed.

For the OP--you say you "updated" the client--hopefully that doesn't mean you installed the HF1 client over the v5.0 client without uninstalling it first.  You have to uninstall the client (answering "no" to the query about removing the registration) and then install the HF1 client.  However it's highly recommended to uninstall the content and scenery components after the client, and then reinstall the HF1 version of all three (client, content, scenery).

 


Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, EVGA RTX3090 XC3 Ultra
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x NVME 2x SATA Samsung SSD, EVGA 1KW PSU, 1Gbps internet
SoundBlaster XFi Titanium, TOSLINK to Yamaha RX-V467 HT Rcvr, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, w6kd said:

No, the HF1 component installers are all complete installers that do not need any previous version installed.

For the OP--you say you "updated" the client--hopefully that doesn't mean you installed the HF1 client over the v5.0 client without uninstalling it first.  You have to uninstall the client (answering "no" to the query about removing the registration) and then install the HF1 client.  However it's highly recommended to uninstall the content and scenery components after the client, and then reinstall the HF1 version of all three (client, content, scenery).

 

I first uninstalled the v5.0 Client and then installed the v5.1 HF1 Client. I run P3D and  it automatically and directly loaded a flight without showing the P3D main application page. After the loading completed, I could only hear the sound. The screen showed nothing and I have to shut down P3D via windows task manager.

Edited by Frank STY

Share this post


Link to post

Do you have UGCX ?  They need to be updated after a change and a sometimes the update request is hidden behind the P3D black screen.

Maybe you could fiddle a bit with the task manager to get the UGCX update screen to the foreground ?  

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Dick said:

Do you have UGCX ?  They need to be updated after a change and a sometimes the update request is hidden behind the P3D black screen.

Maybe you could fiddle a bit with the task manager to get the UGCX update screen to the foreground ?  

Yes!! I have UGCX. Do I have to update it before updating the P3D?

Share this post


Link to post

When P3D starts UGCX starts as well. If UGCX finds itself in need for an update it will  stop the startup of P3D and show a popup asking if you want to update. This popup however ( in my situation) is sometimes hidden "behind" the black P3D screen.  For me it always take a bit of fiddling to get the update confirmation to the front so you can answer it.

Go to the task manager and see if you can call-up the P3D screen (by clicking on the P3D entry ) and hopefully you have the UGCX pop now visible..

I am not aware of any option to update UGCX before starting P3D. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Frank STY said:

I first uninstalled the v5.0 Client and then installed the v5.1 HF1 Client. I run P3D and  it automatically and directly loaded a flight without showing the P3D main application page. After the loading completed, I could only hear the sound. The screen showed nothing and I have to shut down P3D via windows task manager.

Delete your config if your going strait a loaded flight.

LOAD_SCENARIO_TOOLS=1

Check it`s not set to =0.


i9 10900K\ASUS APEX MB \ MSI RTX 2080Ti GAMINGX TRIO \ M.2  Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB C Drive \ 2+1TB Samsung 850 EVO \ 2TB BarraCuba \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3600MHZ \ Windows 10 Home\ ASUS 28" 4K monitor\ 4TB Portable Drive\P3DV5.1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

I have the same upgrade path and the identical issue ... will try some of the above suggestions but it can't be just the OPs unique setup.

 

*** EDIT:  deleted UGCX, FSLabs A320 (was getting a wrong version error) and AI Lights Reborn and this fixed it. No need to rebuild .cfg and the shaders rebuilt automatically because of the update.  Phew.

Edited by paulhand

Paul Hand

Share this post


Link to post

The day before LM released their P3D5.1HF  I received this email from AI Lights Reborn:

AI Lights Reborn Professional Edition Version 1.24.0 has been released. 

Please note this update is MANDATORY or you will have severe problems in the future with P3D hanging during load. If you experience this, disabling AILRP temporally will alleviate the problem until you are able to update to version 1.24.0.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    34%
    $8,560.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...