Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

PMDG 737NGX and the Fulcrum yoke

44 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

Excellent link there thanks Ray.

I've used it to program my GoFlight units Chris. Great contribution from the author plus the excellent SDK from PMDG. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

When I disconnected the a/p 7 miles out of LIRF for a manual landing the ailerons immediately became misaligned. I had to use a programmed button to centre them.

Posts from two experienced users on the PMDG737 forum have both suggested the same thing. Temporarily remove fsuipc5.ini from the modules folder and allow a new one to be built. They both think there is some hangover from the Saitek settings possibly interfering with the Fulcrum.

That’s tomorrow’s job.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just an update to close this off. Having conducted several flights I need to adapt my preparation. Previously with the Saitek I never bothered to check aileron trim. For whatever reason I never had a problem with it.

When I load P3D now and select the PMDG the aileron trim is not centred. That's using the gauge on the pilot's yoke as it's higher resolution. I wait until the systems have hydraulic power and then trim to centre. Thereafter the trim stays in alignment for the duration of the flight.

I did rename fsuipc.ini and let it build a new one but I'm not convinced that changed anything.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I've finally got to the bottom of this aileron trim problem. Because I use ChasePlane that program blocks the hat switch from using FSUIPC to assign views. The workaround is to use the ChasePlane commands to pan left and right.

These are CTRL+left arrow and CTRL + right arrow. Those work fine in regards to panning but the problem is those key commands are assigned in P3D to aileron trim left and right. So every time I was panning I was changing the aileron trim. Arrgghh!

I can only think that when I installed the Fulcrum One I renamed the Prepar3d.cfg generating another and lost my custom settings which would have included deleting the aileron trim keyboard commands.

The important thing is it's nothing to do with adding the Fulcrum. I hope this is helpful to anyone using ChasePlane.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

YEEESS! Even though I don't have any of the products, I've been following this "phenomenon" of yours with interest, Ray. I'm glad you have sorted it out and documented it here. 🍻

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

@HighBypass, thanks Mark. It has been driving me nuts because it was affecting all my aircraft. I run a LUA program on a network PC and I have the trim reading showing for rudder, elevator and ailerons.

I was flying LDDU to LFMN and mid flight decided to create a cabin view in ChasePlane. It was when I was panning I noticed the aircraft suddenly deviate off the route. Some head scratching followed plus checking the Xtreme Prototypes Lear25 manual but that brought nothing up. Panning whilst monitoring the aileron trim reading confirmed what was happening.

That left the default commands and that’s when I discovered the settings in P3D clashing with ChasePlane. Such a simple thing to fix but I’m a bit annoyed with myself for not thinking about it earlier.

I hope this comes as a relief to Chris even though I never suspected the yoke was the problem. Just nice to find and fix an annoying problem.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@HighBypass, thanks Mark. It has been driving me nuts because it was affecting all my aircraft. I run a LUA program on a network PC and I have the trim reading showing for rudder, elevator and ailerons.

I was flying LDDU to LFMN and mid flight decided to create a cabin view in ChasePlane. It was when I was panning I noticed the aircraft suddenly deviate off the route. Some head scratching followed plus checking the Xtreme Prototypes Lear25 manual but that brought nothing up. Panning whilst monitoring the aileron trim reading confirmed what was happening.

That left the default commands and that’s when I discovered the settings in P3D clashing with ChasePlane. Such a simple thing to fix but I’m a bit annoyed with myself for not thinking about it earlier.

I hope this comes as a relief to Chris even though I never suspected the yoke was the problem. Just nice to find and fix an annoying problem.

It certainly does Ray! Thanks for the update.

• Like 1