Sign in to follow this  
Swe_Richard

Just Flight 146 Professional?

11 hours ago, mikealpha said:

I can only partially confirm that. IAS Mode works most of the time. During the initial climb though it seems it limits the VS to 3000fpm. If that is reached, it puts any excess power into speed. So I use VS below 10000ft, and IAS above 10000ft, that way it turns out smoothly.

It is flawed for me, can't make it hold my speed even in a climb in the higher flight levels. I can be trimmed for climb in 270kts, engage IAS mode and surely the speed will creep to VNE in a few minutes.

Hopefully they will remedy many of the issues with this plane. So many bugs should've been caught in beta testing, because they are so obvious even after the first flight.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

12 hours ago, SAS443 said:

It is flawed for me, can't make it hold my speed even in a climb in the higher flight levels. I can be trimmed for climb in 270kts, engage IAS mode and surely the speed will creep to VNE in a few minutes.

Very strange, really works fine here. Are you using P3Dv4 or v5 ? I'm using v4.

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

On 12/2/2020 at 5:28 PM, Rob_Ainscough said:

I provided more crash reporting data for LM last night including .cfg files, scenario files and video of setting and the actual DXGI_DEVICE_HUNG crash.  The text at the end of the JSON crash report file had me laughing ... however, the sad reality right now is my main FS PC is INOP for P3D.  Having my fingers crossed LM can pinpoint the problem as I replicated on a completely default NO add-on install.

I see there is a v1.03 of JF 146, excellent!!

Cheers, Rob. 

MYbe this helps you?

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6315&t=140629&start=90

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Does this mean that we can look forward to a JustFlight 146 video, Rob? :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

And it seems like patch 1.05 is out!

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

2 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

And it seems like patch 1.05 is out!

Installing the update now. Looking forward to seeing what's fixed.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

v1.06 is out!

Changelog

• EFB added – provides control over animations, announcements, fuel and passenger load (refer to FAQ here)
  • Fuel quantity gauges changed to KGs to match other indicators
  • N1 and TGT bugs can now be set with electrical power off and positions will be saved/restored with panel state
  • Glideslope/localiser capture issues after using RNAV – fixed
  • FDE changes (cruise attitude, stability in IAS/MACH modes)
  • HSI CDI now working correctly when flying from a VOR
  • Minor livery fixes
  • Various improvements to custom sound system
  • Tweaks to cabin announcements
  • New wing views added
  • 300QT GSX profile fixed
  • Engine anti-ice intake low pressure remaining illuminated after engine start at low N1 values – fixed
  • Tweaks to air-con system (e.g. flight deck and cabin fans now affect temperature change rate)
  • Power icon and menu state options can now only be selected when on the ground to avoid inadvertent selection during flight
  • Added further GSX compatibility (e.g. doors will now auto open/close, cabin crew arm/disarm door announcements triggered by GSX boarding/deboarding status)
  • Animation panel now indicates when doors are open, stairs are extended or GPU is enabled
  • Speeds card clickspot will now also set N1 and TGT bugs
  • FMC fixes (including DTO)
  • Upvote 1

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

I’m still on the fence. While I’m glad to see all the improvements and how fast they addressed them, I’m still curious if this is now considered a study level ac, after all those fixes. 

It does look stunning, and I have a thing for the 146 anyways, but I pretty much exclusively fly study level aircraft, so any new comments would be appreciated. 

Cheers,
Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

I think that one issue that has not been fixed yet is the "FMS limited to displaying only two SID/STAR options" problem. However, JustFlight are working on this, and I am sure that it will be resolved soon. I am waiting for these initial issues to be corrected before I take the plunge, but a "study level" 146/Avro RJ is top of my wish list for P3D.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

guys, this will never be "study level", I dont think it is the intention.

After a dozen or so flights with this package I would put it in qualitywings trajectory. 

A fun plane, that works perfectly fine even without the FMS. I use a very old copy of Jeppesen airway manual pre-RNAV/database from early 2000's,  so I can fly into most airports by using on board radios if navaids are operational.

• Like 1

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

I can not really judge if it is study level yet, but the dev team got suggestions from real pilots and they already incorporated several of them in the updates. So they are very open minded in this regard.

For me this is one of the most immersive Addons I ever bought and it certainly has been made with lots of love to details. It is really satisfying to operate this plane smoothly.

There are still issues though that IMO need to be looked at, besides the FMS.

1. After successful Glideslope intercept the AP lets it often deviate up to 2 dots without doing anything. Which is quite hazardous of course.

2. The common method to set climb power is to preselect an EGT temperature and then use Sync/TGT on the TMS. However this currently doesn't work because the EGT values are much too low. So setting climb power is a sort of guesstimate now.

3. After takeoff the plane needs a huge amount of trim to fly out at V2+10. Again I can't judge it this corresponds to real behaviour, but it is questionable.

Mike

I used "study level" for want of a better term, but nevertheless I would expect the JustFlight 146 to have more depth than the Quality Wings version. I would certainly want the AP to be more robust, as the QW version has a nasty habit of not following the required track very precisely. It is also rather "loose" when it comes to slowing down and descending (with the airspeed varying quite dramatically at times). In addition, some of the dials in the QW versions are "painted on". I would prefer to see all of the relevant dials and switches working, and fully modelled in 3D.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

55 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

After takeoff the plane needs a huge amount of trim to fly out at V2+10. Again I can't judge it this corresponds to real behaviour, but it is questionable.

Are you talking about actual airfoil movement or the time it takes (i.e. trim button held down).

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

10 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Are you talking about actual airfoil movement or the time it takes (i.e. trim button held down).

That is a good question. I think it's airfoil movement, but I'll have a look at that.

With trim in the green band, at first the BAe needs a lot of elevator input for takeoff. In all other Airliner Addons I used so far I can  fly out after takeoff at V2+10 almost "hands off" with little or no trim changes. Not so in the BAe, it would nose dive considerably right away.

As I mentioned, I have no real experience with the BAe146. It just feels unusual and weird.  What's your opinion regarding this ?

Mike

Edited by mikealpha