Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

3060ti...is anyone even interested?

I happened to run by Microcenter in Houston yesterday unaware the 360ti was dropping. There were about 200 people wrapped around the building and they ALL got vouchers with 360ti's to spare. I don't think the 360ti is powerful enough unless you're running 1080p, so I passed. I'm running this 5700 XT until I can get my hands on a 3080.

• Like 1

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Absolutely. It's better and cheaper than a 2080 super which should make it an attractive proposition for a lot of people. For the majority of games at 1440p you'd just max them out with a 3060ti. Flight sims are a different ball game of course.

• Upvote 1

On 12/2/2020 at 1:33 PM, Chapstick said:

Since the P3D dev team has decided that your sim should crash if you don't have a $1,000+ video card, no, I can't say I'm inclined to get a 3060ti.

So, I lied... I spotted a 3070 and snagged it. It's EVGA, so maybe I can do the step up program if/when a 3080ti comes out. Or just sell it. OTOH, I keep ruminating in my head whether it's worth buying a $1,000+ card for P3D simply because of the VRAM problems on this one program and it's hard to justify. For me, anyway.

On 12/3/2020 at 9:43 AM, sal9000 said:

A 3080 up I will buy, when its on stock to a fair price! Otherwise I will turn down the settings with my 2080 s.

Well yes going lower would be silly

On 12/3/2020 at 12:31 PM, Tektolnes said:

Absolutely. It's better and cheaper than a 2080 super which should make it an attractive proposition for a lot of people. For the majority of games at 1440p you'd just max them out with a 3060ti. Flight sims are a different ball game of course.

Funny, I managed to get a 3060Ti when it went on sale last week, after getting too impatient to wait for a 3070 restock (to play at 1440p). Haven't picked it up yet but the mixed feelings about it in these forums are making me nervous haha. 

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

Managed to purchase a 3060ti today.  Two days ago, EVGA put a new model on their website and opened up the wait list for it.  I just happened to come across it about an hour after it debuted on their site.  I put myself on the wait list and knew I had to be near the top.  Today I received an e-mail stating I had 8 hours to purchase.

Done.  Should be here on Monday.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 1:35 PM, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Its looking like the 3080ti will be January

Introduced, maybe, but when it will actually be available at the retail level, not counting the scalpers and charlatans, is another story.  I'd really like to start building a new computer now, or at least in January, but the availability of current generation video cards is making that seem a near impossibility.  It is very, very frustrating.

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

On 12/10/2020 at 8:38 PM, Greggy_D said:

Managed to purchase a 3060ti today.  Two days ago, EVGA put a new model on their website and opened up the wait list for it.  I just happened to come across it about an hour after it debuted on their site.  I put myself on the wait list and knew I had to be near the top.  Today I received an e-mail stating I had 8 hours to purchase.

Done.  Should be here on Monday.

Congrats on getting one! Are you planning on flying at 1440 or 1080?

I'm aiming for 1440 but not sure if the 3060 is going to cut it.

Wallace

4 hours ago, theshack440 said:

Are you planning on flying at 1440 or 1080?

1440.  My 1080ti handles 1440 just fine, so I'm expecting and decent improvement over that from the 3060ti.

2 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

1440.  My 1080ti handles 1440 just fine, so I'm expecting and decent improvement over that from the 3060ti.

Good to know, makes me feel better about the 3060 myself. Even if everything is on high instead of ultra—at least when flying in/out of cities—I don't have a problem with that.

Now just waiting on AMD to restock the 5600X... (guessing it'll be a while lol)

Wallace

On 12/13/2020 at 5:52 PM, theshack440 said:

Good to know, makes me feel better about the 3060 myself. Even if everything is on high instead of ultra—at least when flying in/out of cities—I don't have a problem with that.

Now just waiting on AMD to restock the 5600X... (guessing it'll be a while lol)

I got a 5600X off Newegg with one of their combo things, but you have to be careful because you can no longer return only the extra item. 

Just waiting on one more part, an AM4 mounting kit for my NH-15 and I should be ready to upgrade my CPU. I installed my 3070 and like what I'm seeing so far, so it'll be interesting to see what the 5600x does.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Chapstick said:

I got a 5600X off Newegg with one of their combo things, but you have to be careful because you can no longer return only the extra item. 

Just waiting on one more part, an AM4 mounting kit for my NH-15 and I should be ready to upgrade my CPU. I installed my 3070 and like what I'm seeing so far, so it'll be interesting to see what the 5600x does.

You're so close! Looking forward to hearing about your experience, and that positive 3070 note is exciting for me! 

Wallace