Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

3060ti...is anyone even interested?

Yet another 3000 series release is upon us this morning.

I just checked my local Micro Center webpage....it says they have 25 in stock, but of course they won't let you buy them online and pick them up in the store, and the store doesn't open until 9 which is an hour and a half away from now.

Tempted to drive by the store here in Dallas and see how long the line is just to satisfy my curiosity.

I find it odd that nobody else has started a topic about the 3060ti, the reviewers seemed to like it, and its MSRP is pretty good bang for the buck I feel.

I'm guessing that the reason is because we're all pretty sure we don't have a chance in he11 of getting one at MSRP today or in the next few months, and I'm sure at 9:05 (local time) we'll start seeing them on craigslist and ebay for the same jacked up prices as the other 3000s and new AMD offerings.

Either that or we're decided that the 3060ti just doesn't have the horsepower to run the sim as we want it to?

Regardless of the reason, it would be interesting to see if anyone here walked into a Electronics store advertising they had stock about an hour after they opened and see if they have any left.  (I know, right?) 🙄

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Never mind. All gone.

Newegg did some click bait on this one.  All but one was out of stock.....click on it...and get this:

l7zZ7T.jpg

Don't worry...this one is now showing out of stock.

However, you can easily pick one up on ebay 😉

FD4EVh.jpg

Best buy never even went off it's "Coming Soon" button.....the bots musta been especially quick this morning.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Looks like a great card for 1440p and below.  The price tag of $400 is attractive, although I wish it would have come in $50-100 cheaper.  I still do not understand Nvidia shackling a good portion of their lineup with 8GB of memory.

As you mentioned, the general public won't see these for months.  I can't comprehend a reason for the GPU and CPU shortages we are seeing.  The situation has never been this bad, even taking the mining craze of 2017-18 into consideration.  It has to go beyond the scalpers.

24 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

Looks like a great card for 1440p and below.  The price tag of $400 is attractive, although I wish it would have come in $50-100 cheaper.  I still do not understand Nvidia shackling a good portion of their lineup with 8GB of memory.

As you mentioned, the general public won't see these for months.  I can't comprehend a reason for the GPU and CPU shortages we are seeing.  The situation has never been this bad, even taking the mining craze of 2017-18 into consideration.  It has to go beyond the scalpers.

This^^^^ about the 8gig and the crazy shortages.

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Best buy never even went off it's "Coming Soon" button

I was able to add one to my cart, but that was it.  BB is forcing you to pick it up from a store.  No shipping to homes.  Obviously this was put in place to deter bots and scalpers.  I was never able to pick a store.  They seemed to be gone instantly.

I just checked the BB website...they have 10 of them in stock, in their store on this island:

s0zke6.jpg

I've chartered a G5 to go pick mine up....I have room for 9 others to grab the other 9 they have (as long as the locals don't grab them up and scalp them on ebay before we get there) 🤣

All you have to do is chip in for the gas, I'll handle the rest of the charter costs. 😉 

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

22 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Not interested... too puny. Give me power!!!!! 

Inclined to agree....I'm really wanting the 3080ti whenever its released....but we all know how fast those will be gone.

If Nvidia was smart...they'd make a statement something like: 
"In light of the ridiculous supply and demand issues with computer tech these days, we are holding off releasing the 3080ti until we've produced enough for each person on this planet, thus eliminating bots and scalper's reason for existence...in fact we are ending the 3000 series line here, and while we set our factories to churn out several billion copies of the 3080ti, we'll continue R&D for the next gen of video cards, and also, in the process, invent a Star Trek type food replicator for video cards, this way we can forgo the tedious manual manufacturing of them and just poof them out at will.  We're planning on partnering with RedBox® to incorporate the Replicator tech into their existing DVD (and Blue Ray) disc-dispensing distribution network already established...so you can go to your local RedBox©, insert your credit card and by a 4080ti, 5080ti, etc.   We hope you'll be patient with us while we develop this new tech for you and your insatiable desire for better video cards."

To me, this is about as rational as the campaign they are currently running...what'd'ya guys think?

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Since the P3D dev team has decided that your sim should crash if you don't have a $1,000+ video card, no, I can't say I'm inclined to get a 3060ti.

I think a lot of us are running higher end 20 series cards or 1080ti’s atm. So 400 bucks for mostly a lateral move from the higher end 20 series doesn’t seem worth it. Now if I was on a 1060 still I could see it being a great option if I didn’t want to fork out for the bigger cards.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

5 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

All you have to do is chip in for the gas, I'll handle the rest of the charter costs. 😉 

Lol! They had a few down in Rockwall this morning. I'm sure they're long gone by now. I was going to swing by Micro as well if I ever ended up on that side of town to take a look. Still on the fence though however. 

ws5xzd-6.png
Johnny Green

CFII/SMEL
SF340B+

What Nvidia cards...the RTX3080 is a figment of your imagination, it never existed. 😋

Darryl

The pandemic is the sole reason for all these shortages, many youtubers discussed it, the reasons just create a snowball effect:

- People stuck at home = more interest in computer activities such as games

- Most airplanes grounded means either exepensive air transport to retailers thus higher prices) or slow cheap boat transport thus short stock at release

We all just need to sit it out and be patient. At least maybe by then FS2020 will be more stable 🙂

• Upvote 1

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

A 3080 up I will buy, when its on stock to a fair price! Otherwise I will turn down the settings with my 2080 s.

Stephan from Germany

My System

Aparently, they say there are as many 3060ti's as 3070, 3080 and 3090 combined. 

Hope you guys after one are successful.