Sign in to follow this  
Roman Design

Calling all Canadians: decision for my next Canadian airport

Update March 27, 2021: I'm on schedule to release CYOW Ottawa in the end of April, if all goes well. I will revisit my options on the next project once it releases so this topic is still relevant.

Here are some work-in-progress screenshots for the upcoming CYOW. I think it's coming out really well.

Spoiler

16.jpg

6.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

58.jpg

54.jpg

34.jpg

24.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

19.jpg

Update December 8, 2020: As FlyTampa seems to be working on CYYZ I will most likely choose one of the following airports for my project: CYYJ,CYYT,CYHZ,CYQB. I need photos, plans, architectural drawing - anything that can help me work on one of those. All I have is charts.

After modelling and releasing CNC3 Brampton and CYTZ Buttonville I'm taking on CYYZ Pearson International, which will be a huge project for just a single guy to do. one of the following airports: CYYJ,CYYT,CYHZ,CYQB. It's difficult to find good source materials to use as a reference for architectural modeling of the terminals, gates etc. I may even do basic interior modelling of the terminals.if things go well. So if you have or know of good exterior/interior photos, architectural drawings, or other resources for CYYZ CYYJ,CYYT,CYHZ,CYQB - let me know, I would appreciate all the resources that would help me to model it better. All I have is regular charts and Google Maps.

Edited by Roman Design
Project reconsideration
  • Like 1

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]
 CNC3  Brampton-Caledon Airport [Ontario Canada
Available now at FlightSimulation.RomanDesign.ca +4 Free Scenery Packs
My Hard Sci-Fi novels and audiobooks: RomanLando.com

Id skip YYZ since FlyTampa are working on it for MSFS, maybe try another GA/regional airport like CYKF ?

• Like 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Windsor would be nice. I can't recall anyone doing it for any of the versions of FS.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

10 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

Windsor would be nice. I can't recall anyone doing it for any of the versions of 

Are you from Windsor? I fly out of there IRL.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Just now, fakeflyer737 said:

Are you from Windsor? I fly out of there IRL.

DTW (see avatar). Never flown out of Windsor, but it would be nice to have the option.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I'd hate to discourage anyone from taking on any project but indeed FlyTampa have already confirmed they are converting YYZ to MSFS so it's going to be a huge investment in time to take them on when they likely will be able to get to market before you. I'd certainly suggest considering many of the other Ontario airports that have never seen a quality rendition in any sim. Given the quality you've demonstrated so far with CNC3, CYKZ and the GTA project I'd buy anything you care to develop, except for YYZ for which I'll wait for the FT version.

I'd love to see a high quality Hamilton, Windsor and/or Waterloo-Kitchener. If you fancy venturing further North then Sudbury, North Bay and Sault Ste Marie would be pretty interesting too.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cognita said:

These are all great suggestions, and I would add London, CYXU.

FSimStudios is doing YXU and its almost ready for release. 

Ron Hamilton

I'd like to see someone do CYSN - St.Catherine's/Niagara. It's a growing airport.

Intel I7 6700k @ 4ghz, nVidia 3070ti 8gb, 16 gb ddr4 @ 1066mhz,  500 ssd, 2tb hdd, 2tb ssd, ASUS z170-E mb, Samsung 24" @ 1920x1080, P3D 5.4, MSFS

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

FSimStudios is doing YXU and its almost ready for release. 

I did not know! This is great news.

• Upvote 1

Dan Scott

4 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Id skip YYZ since FlyTampa are working on it for MSFS, maybe try another GA/regional airport like CYKF ?

Ah, good thing I posted. I didn't know that.

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]

3 hours ago, atco said:

I'd hate to discourage anyone from taking on any project but indeed FlyTampa have already confirmed they are converting YYZ to MSFS so it's going to be a huge investment in time to take them on when they likely will be able to get to market before you. I'd certainly suggest considering many of the other Ontario airports that have never seen a quality rendition in any sim. Given the quality you've demonstrated so far with CNC3, CYKZ and the GTA project I'd buy anything you care to develop, except for YYZ for which I'll wait for the FT version.

I'd love to see a high quality Hamilton, Windsor and/or Waterloo-Kitchener. If you fancy venturing further North then Sudbury, North Bay and Sault Ste Marie would be pretty interesting too.

That makes sense. I asked MS and they were not aware of anyone working on YYZ, so I assumed there is a good chance nobody is. Good to know. I think I will do a poll and see what the interest would be for particular airports.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roman Design said:

That makes sense. I asked MS and they were not aware of anyone working on YYZ, so I assumed there is a good chance nobody is. Good to know. I think I will do a poll and see what the interest would be for particular airports.

Actually, do you have a link about where they have confirmed that? Just out of curiosity, all I found is really old and not about MSFS...

HI 

Your work look very good. i think you should do CYYZ. Flytampa looks great but the problem of Flytampa is performance. If your CYYZ airport looks like your two other airport i think and the performance is better than Flytampa...it think you will have a win product in your hand.

Phil Tremblay