Sign in to follow this  
sluihn

Carenado M20R 1.2.1 update

5 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

More specifically...

Once you set your altitude, press the arm button and you'll climb/decend at 500 like Bob mentions....to adjust the rate....this is where it gets tricky in terms of having a steady hand and hopefully no turblance....

There is a click-spot in the center of the dial....nevermind....looks like you got it Bob 😉  (but carefully click on the center of the knob and you'll see the VS.....use the INNER dial to adjust by 100s.....touch the outer knob by mistake and crank it 4-5 times....your climbing/decending by 1000s...so 4000/5000 fpm just like that...Hehe.   The Mooney is a little rocket...but not THAT powerful. 😉 

Oh and its best to let it stabilize at 500 before you adjust....it hunts a lot when its trying to do what you ask it and its not comfortable at the current rate....don't suggest using it under 1000 feet either in case you accidentally hit the outer knob and turn the wrong way and send her into a a 5000fpm nosedive you probably won't recover from. 😉 (talking from experience sadly....but the good news I only killed some fish off Catalina island and of course my virtual self in the .....incident) 😞 

I guess  I am still confused by the button sequence on this unit. If I set altitude at say 5000 ft with the big knob, first followed by the arm button, and then the top VS button, and set say 800 ft, then would I not have to hit the arm button again to stop the climb at 5000 ft?  When I do that, the VS goes back to 500 fpm?????? I guess with this unit I don't understand the exact function of the arm button and what it does. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Carenado M20R Ovation

That didn't work. EFB needs the exact name of the file of the aircraft. I sent Carenado an email asking them for the info.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

8 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Just checked my new install FPS lights off  40 , Taxi and Landing lights on 43 

So your frame rate actually goes up with the lights on. Amazing.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I guess  I am still confused by the button sequence on this unit. If I set altitude at say 5000 ft with the big knob, first followed by the arm button, and then the top VS button, and set say 800 ft, then would I not have to hit the arm button again to stop the climb at 5000 ft?  When I do that, the VS goes back to 500 fpm?????? I guess with this unit I don't understand the exact function of the arm button and what it does. 

Straight from the owners handbook. Documentation can be found in the root folder. MS2020\Official\OneStore\carenado-aircraft-m20r-ovation\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_M20R_Ovation\Documentation

Select the desired altitude using the MOUSE WHEEL, turn the outer knob for 1000s and inner
knob for 100s then press the ALT ARM button for pursuing a selected altitude.
When you select an altitude and press the ALT ARM button, the aircraft will climb or descent to
that altitude at 500ft/min, you can change this value by pulling the inner knob and move the
mousewheel on VC or hovering over the inner knob on 2D view and moving the mousewheel.
If you select VS ENG the aircraft will climb or descent to the desired vertical speed and will not
stop at any altitude.
When the ALT button in the AP control panel is pressed, all setting will be erased and the
aircraft will perform an altitude hold.

Edited by RW1
  • Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

4 hours ago, RW1 said:

Straight from the owners handbook. Documentation can be found in the root folder. MS2020\Official\OneStore\carenado-aircraft-m20r-ovation\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_M20R_Ovation\Documentation

Select the desired altitude using the MOUSE WHEEL, turn the outer knob for 1000s and inner
knob for 100s then press the ALT ARM button for pursuing a selected altitude.
When you select an altitude and press the ALT ARM button, the aircraft will climb or descent to
that altitude at 500ft/min, you can change this value by pulling the inner knob and move the
mousewheel on VC or hovering over the inner knob on 2D view and moving the mousewheel.
If you select VS ENG the aircraft will climb or descent to the desired vertical speed and will not
stop at any altitude.
When the ALT button in the AP control panel is pressed, all setting will be erased and the
aircraft will perform an altitude hold.

Ah Ha.  Thanks. 

11 hours ago, RW1 said:

I looked all over my version ( Microsoft Store)  and could not find any documentation on the Ovation.Strange, couldn't even find the directory you listed.  I watched a video review on this aircraft on Youtube this morning and the person doing the video said he got 4 liveries with it. I only got one. Did Carenado go on the budget plane?   

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I looked all over my version ( Microsoft Store)  and could not find any documentation on the Ovation.Strange, couldn't even find the directory you listed.  I watched a video review on this aircraft on Youtube this morning and the person doing the video said he got 4 liveries with it. I only got one. Did Carenado go on the budget plane?   

Finding that folder can be a bit tricky, If you have installed it in the default location i'm sure it's under C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe, I moved mine to another drive so it's not the same as yours is. Liveries are plenty on this site https://flightsim.to/c/liveries/mooney/

tpewpb-6.png

50 minutes ago, RW1 said:

Finding that folder can be a bit tricky, If you have installed it in the default location i'm sure it's under C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe, I moved mine to another drive so it's not the same as yours is. Liveries are plenty on this site https://flightsim.to/c/liveries/mooney/

Wow, a ton of repaints.  Thanks.  I discovered that I already had some, didn't look at the livery menu. I downloaded on and installed it, really easy. 

• Like 1